Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think that the US government is trying to over censor VG?

Yes 0.44776119402985 44.8% [ 30 ]
no 0.14925373134328 14.9% [ 10 ]
I am sick of it Time to revolt (joking) 0.16417910447761 16.4% [ 11 ]
I am sick of it and What to Help Start G.A.G. and post here. 0.23880597014925 23.9% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 67 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Okay this is how it all started with this post! Then the Idea of G.A.G. now is growing out of control with all types of Gamers and people who want more Free Speech. PLEASE READ THE BOLD FACED Words before posting!

"I am sick of the government saying that Games create bad behavior in kids, and government trys to keep developers and publisher from releasing games. I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE! The Government is trying to prevent the Freedom of Speech and trying to put a stop to a creative outlet.

The latest Target for the government is a game call 25 to life, which is just like Counter Strike with Thugs and Pigs instead of CT and Terrorists. GTA and Halo were also targets of the government. If there is any game that some stuck up white haired burocrat hears of and thinks is a negative game and or violent game they will raise a s**t fit and try to stop the game from releasing and then put more limitation on the gaming industry. Thus Far the ESRP rating system has gone under a lot of far by not clearly representing a games content. HEY PARENTS READ THE BACK OF THE GOD DAMN BOX BEFORE YOU LET THEM BUY IT! the little white box down in the corner doesn't always tell everything that is in a game. Hell UC 2 was labeled with Intense Violence, Blood and Gore, but I know people in my neighborhood that would b***h about what Selket is wearing saying that it is sexual content and lets not forget that strong language was used in the phrase "******** YOUR TOURNAMENT!" by anubis. Hell any game out side of tetris and Super Mario has some adult under tones, but don't limit the developers freedom because you have power and an extreme view point.

I want to start a Group call G.A.G (Gamers Against Government) like the NRA if there are enough of us bitching and mouning about how the government is over stepping there boundaries then we can make a change in our beloved Industry and see more freedom and less about "How this game might affect little Timmy's mind"

I am writing this because I watch too much CNN and Every Other week a new game comes out that the government doesn't like. Just because 25 to life you can kill a cop doesn't mean you will go out and do so. There could be an underlying meaning to the game maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't always listen to your government, they can't be right all the time. I mean come on now look at Iraq!"

Update#1:
"The over reaction by those in a position of power shows that for one, they have never played a game of that type, and two they are assuming that today's youth is a bunch of brain dead morons and can't tell the difference between reality and a video game.

Personally I think that it is the media putting this crazy idea in the mind of congress and law makers, Hell they play to the public if they get more air time and appear that they are "trying to Help" society then they are happy. People are looking for an excuse for why kids these days are maturing much faster than any other generation. It isn't the VG it is people around them causing them to grow up. Society promotes Unloyal behavior to a SO, and sports show the youth that losing your temper and hitting people is an acceptable thing to do, Movies promoting a life of street racing and dangerous thrill lead to Teens killing a family because they thought that it was cool. Society is promoting these behaviors not VG. VG are an alternative to life, a tool used for escapism from today's world. That is why VG are getting to be so popular. People who bring the VG to reality are countering the entire propose of the game. Law makers are trying to say just the opposite.

If G.A.G. gets to be something more than what it already is, then we need to set out to prove that Games don't promote violent behavior and show the world that VG help today's culture and youth. We also will need to make sure that the government won't try to unjusticely prevent a game from being published, because of their beliefs. That is the propose of G.A.G."
I'm in.

I mean seriously, it's not the game, is the people who play them, and the fact that they chose to follow what the game taught them.

I see tons of violent movies out, but the government doesn't b***h about THEM.
EC_Maya
I'm in.

I mean seriously, it's not the game, is the people who play them, and the fact that they chose to follow what the game taught them.

Then Vote I will print out this page and send it to my senator to show how pissed off gamers are at the government!
You know, you're right!!!!!! We have gotta put an end to this!!!!
I agree with your sentiment that this sort of thing is unfair. After all what is served by blaming games and never thinking to ask where the parents or gaurdians of the kids who do these things were or why they did not notice anything before hand

but unfortunatley this is not the proper forum for this kind of thing from what I understand, though you should probably PM a mod to ask where this kind of thread belongs

my guess would be either Petitions or Extended discussion
JC2005
You know, you're right!!!!!! We have gotta put an end to this!!!!
Hurray more people who agree! xd
EC_Maya
I'm in.

Your exactly right, there are alot of movies that are like GTA yet the government only decides to b***h about the videogames and not the movies.

I'm in too.
Dampylle Shadowfire
I agree with your sentiment that this sort of thing is unfair. After all what is served by blaming games and never thinking to ask where the parents or gaurdians of the kids who do these things were or why they did not notice anything before hand

but unfortunatley this is not the proper forum for this kind of thing from what I understand, though you should probably PM a mod to ask where this kind of thread belongs

Opps! but I put it here to hit the target auidence! After all were do Gaian Gamers Hang out? HERE!
TheGreatSephy
EC_Maya
I'm in.

Your exactly right, there are alot of movies that are like GTA yet the government only decides to b***h about the videogames and not the movies.

I'm in too.

Movie are an ART FORM, Video games are not according to the government!
L33tB4K4
Dampylle Shadowfire

Opps! but I put it here to hit the target auidence! After all were do Gaian Gamers Hang out? HERE!

I only mention the concern because there is a fairly decent chance mods may move the thread when it is noticed
L33tB4K4
TheGreatSephy
EC_Maya
I'm in.

I'm in too.

LMAO.... rofl rofl ..........The government is filled with retards...... rofl .
Dampylle Shadowfire
L33tB4K4
Dampylle Shadowfire

I only mention the concern because there is a fairly decent chance mods may move the thread when it is noticed

thanks for the warning, but At least people on the gaming board will hear this for a little while!
TheGreatSephy
L33tB4K4
TheGreatSephy
EC_Maya
I'm in.

I'm in too.

LMAO.... rofl rofl ..........The government is filled with retards...... rofl .
People are now just realizing this fact! mad
I have to agree with you on the government trying 'censor' video games. It's not video games that make murderers, I think the government is perhaps trying to just push the blame onto something else. I'm in.
If it does get moved, I suggest putting a link of it into your sig. Like an image or something so it's noticable.

Then people in here will take notice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces