Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

Yumichika was slightly impressed that Rina held her own against the first several rounds of jabs. However, something distracted Rina and he noticed that her eyes drifted for the slightest moment. That was when he felt his sword pierce skin. It was a shallow cut, but it proved his point. "Hey, Rina! If you lose your focus in battle for even a second, you'll always lose," Yumichika chastised her as she retreated away.

She recovered almost immediately and lunged at him again. At this rate, they might make some progress. Hopefully the slip-up was just a fluke. They parried several times as Yumichika tried to find a weakness in her swordsmanship. He tried something a little different. He side-stepped Rina as he blocked her again, and he whipped his zanpakuto from in front of her to behind her. He telegraphed his movement ever so slightly by bringing his zanpakuto around in an arc higher than necessary, so he hoped that she would be able to deflect. If not, he mentally prepared to slow down his swing at the last moment to avoid giving her a fatal blow.

Hiatus OVEEERRRRRR

Training with someone from Squad 11 was one of the most beneficial ways to train. They were all and only about melee and there were many Hollows, and assuming the same about Arrancar, that were only capable of melee attacks. She flinched when she had gotten cut but quickly countered the next few jabs. A "I know, I know. I think I'm just paranoid of those Arrancar showing up," she said. It could've been a cloud that she had seen for all she knew.

She hesitated for a moment to see what Yumichika was going go do. Out of instinct, she held her Zanpakuto above her to block his. She knew she couldn't hold him there for too long since her upper arm strength wasn't the best. Her arms started to shake during the struggle as she tried to figure out what to do. After another moment she pretended like she was getting weaker but before his blade got too much closer she kicked him blindly, hoping she wasn't getting the most sensitive spot. As he backed away, she spun around to carefully hold her sword at his neck. A "How about that?" she asked. Of course there would only be a one in a million chance that the same scenario would happen again.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika quirked an eyebrow when Rina said that she was paranoid. He didn't sense anything unusual around them, but Rina did seem totally distracted when he cut her. Suspicious.

Rina countered his arcing attack roughly at first, breaking contact and kicking him in his thigh. He took a few steps back with his zanpakuto in both of his hands, and she caught him at the neck. Not bad! He actually had to completely defend himself by sliding his zanpakuto between his neck and her zanpakuto.

"Pretty good, Rina! But..." he started to compliment her before he flash-stepped behind her and took advantage of her supposed victory. He quickly reached and grabbed her dominant hand with one of his, and he placed his zanpakuto under her chin with his free hand. "Not fast enough," he whispered in her ear with a grin.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

She stood there frozen, not moving since the blade was so close to her neck. She had her short victory before Yumichika declared his. Though she did feel more confident during the training than she normally did. A "You win," she said quietly. The longer he kept his Zanpakuto under her chin the more nervous she felt. It wasn't like he was going to do it but during training with others it didn't come close to as fast paced or as serious with Yumichika.

She reached up with her free hand to carefully move the blade away so she could relax. A "I think that's the best training I've ever had," she told him. If she would've gotten training like this a long time ago then she might be in a higher seat. It did say something that she was in a seat but being in a very low one didn't say much. She was still close to him since she did like being in his presence. A "We need to do this again. Even though there's so many cool things here and we're not in the Soul Society, training makes it feel like home."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff