Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

'Interesting...' Yumichika thought as Ichigo explained that Orihime also had a missing sibling. Ichigo was very soft, too soft to be a member of his squad. However, the kid was alright. Ichigo didn't have to be tough like Squad 11 to be a good fighter and a good person. He respected that about Ichigo.

As for Rina, her comment made him curious. "What do you mean by that?" He never had a diary, and he certainly didn't know what she was talking about.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

'Interesting...' Yumichika thought as Ichigo explained that Orihime also had a missing sibling. Ichigo was very soft, too soft to be a member of his squad. However, the kid was alright. Ichigo didn't have to be tough like Squad 11 to be a good fighter and a good person. He respected that about Ichigo.

As for Rina, her comment made him curious. "What do you mean by that?" He never had a diary, and he certainly didn't know what she was talking about.

Ichigo had caught a weird tone off of Rina's voice at her comment. It wasn't like her normal tone of voice. A "Yeah, what do you mean?"

This was going to be an interesting story for them. A "Well, my diary helped me remember how much I loved my dad, the only parent I knew that was related by blood. He was the only family member that treated me like family. As you can tell, I died very young as a human. Well, I kept the dream of seeing my dad again and I really wanted to make him proud so I joined the Soul Reaper Academy. Well..." She trailed off for a moment. She still had those feelings of loving her dad, despite not having the memories.

A "Apparently things went bad after I died. I mean, no one really made me a big part if i] anything so I still don't know why or how things could've gone that way. But, um, when I caught wind of where my dad was, I was happy that I could try to see him again and show him what I have done. That dream helped me continue to become better. When I saw him, he was angry. And he fought me with a bakoto. I was close to dying, to make things short. My dad was going to let me suffer until I did die, but that's when I heard Burrakuhato ' s voice. And I won."

Ichigo stared at her. He didn't have family problems like she did with a step mother or however many, and other siblings and family members. But the one person she did have turned her back on her. A "I wonder what could've happened that would've caused that to happen."

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika raised an eyebrow as Rina explained what the diary meant to her. As she continued, he frowned deeper and deeper. Little about the story made sense without the details. But he knew what he really needed to know-- Rina, this great girl, came from a family that didn't deserve her. Her father must have been full of complete bullsh-t. Of course, he wouldn't say such a harsh thing aloud. She was still very sensitive about the ordeal if she still loved him; that was obvious.

"Her father didn't appreciate a good thing. That's all," Yumichika interjected, answering Ichigo's question. He crossed his arms and sighed. There was nothing more hideous than a man attacking a woman, particularly a harmless person like Rina. "Despicable," he growled under his breath.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

Yumichika raised an eyebrow as Rina explained what the diary meant to her. As she continued, he frowned deeper and deeper. Little about the story made sense without the details. But he knew what he really needed to know-- Rina, this great girl, came from a family that didn't deserve her. Her father must have been full of complete bullsh-t. Of course, he wouldn't say such a harsh thing aloud. She was still very sensitive about the ordeal if she still loved him; that was obvious.

"Her father didn't appreciate a good thing. That's all," Yumichika interjected, answering Ichigo's question. He crossed his arms and sighed. There was nothing more hideous than a man attacking a woman, particularly a harmless person like Rina. "Despicable," he growled under his breath.

After hearing those words, she felt the depression come. She tried to put the blame on something else the whole time but all it did was give her false hope. Ichigo finally spoke. "Hey, you've got your Zanpakuto right? That's the only person you need to make proud now." He wasn't one to have the strongest connection with his, but every Shinigami needed to have a tight relationship with their Zan.

Rina couldn't help but to crack a small smile. "You're right, Ichigo. I couldn't be happier with any other besides Burra." She did want to become stronger now for her Zan. Out of anyone else, he was always there no matter what.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika looked at Ichigo as he encouraged Rina. There was that good-guy streak in Ichigo again. Maybe Yumichika should have said something nicer, too. He was glad that Rina was still so optimistic, though, despite his cold comment. It wasn't toward her, but it still probably hit home.

"If you want to make your zanpakuto proud, you can train and become stronger-- body, and soul. I'd be more than willing to train with you. I could use the practice, too," Yumichika turned back to Rina and uncrossed his arms. He shouldn't get so worked up over all of this, anyway.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

Yumichika looked at Ichigo as he encouraged Rina. There was that good-guy streak in Ichigo again. Maybe Yumichika should have said something nicer, too. He was glad that Rina was still so optimistic, though, despite his cold comment. It wasn't toward her, but it still probably hit home.

"If you want to make your zanpakuto proud, you can train and become stronger-- body, and soul. I'd be more than willing to train with you. I could use the practice, too," Yumichika turned back to Rina and uncrossed his arms. He shouldn't get so worked up over all of this, anyway.

Rina smiled. She was really enjoying all this time with Yumichika. In fact, it was amazing that so much free time was allowed. Then again, it wasn't like they could go to Hueco Mundo to fight the Arrancar. A "That sounds great. There's gotta be a park or something close, right?"

Ichigo gave a nod. A "Yeah. Take a left and it's down a ways. It's where Karin plays soccer with her friends. It should be plenty of space." He began to clean up from the small mess he made from reheating the pizza. Yuzu would throw a fit if he didnt.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

"How convenient. But first, let's have some of this pizza. Don't wanna fight on an empty stomach," Yumichika added and stood from the couch. He walked into the kitchen and looked around. Modern technology was strange. He opened a random cabinet to search for plates. After finding them on the second try, he pulled out three of them. They were white and simple, nothing fancy. He gave one to Rina and waited for Ichigo to finish cleaning before handing Ichigo the other.

Yumichika peered down at the dish. While it was missing pieces now, he could tell that it was once round. "So what exactly is pizza? It looks really... greasy," he asked Ichigo. It wasn't the best-looking food he'd ever seen, but he supposed that he'd seen worse.

Meanwhile. . . .

"So this is the place, hmm?" a female asked, her striking pale eyes scanning the town from her bird's eye view in the sky. "Patros and his foolish followers didn't stand a chance. Pitiful scum," she scoffed to herself and turned to face the horizon, her purple-black hair framing her delicate face. She disappeared as quickly as she came, seemingly searching for something in the town.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

"How convenient. But first, let's have some of this pizza. Don't wanna fight on an empty stomach," Yumichika added and stood from the couch. He walked into the kitchen and looked around. Modern technology was strange. He opened a random cabinet to search for plates. After finding them on the second try, he pulled out three of them. They were white and simple, nothing fancy. He gave one to Rina and waited for Ichigo to finish cleaning before handing Ichigo the other.

Yumichika peered down at the dish. While it was missing pieces now, he could tell that it was once round. "So what exactly is pizza? It looks really... greasy," he asked Ichigo. It wasn't the best-looking food he'd ever seen, but he supposed that he'd seen worse.

Meanwhile. . . .

"So this is the place, hmm?" a female asked, her striking pale eyes scanning the town from her bird's eye view in the sky. "Patros and his foolish followers didn't stand a chance. Pitiful scum," she scoffed to herself and turned to face the horizon, her purple-black hair framing her delicate face. She disappeared as quickly as she came, seemingly searching for something in the town.

Yumichika was right about this pizza being geasy. It was obvious that it has cheese and pepperoni, but what else? "It's an Italian pie, but it's not sweet or anything. They take some dough, make it round, add some kind of tomato sauce, cheese, and various toppings. That's pepperoni. You can add bacon, bell peppers, extra cheese, anchovies, and more." He grabbed his plate from Yumichika and took a few slices for himself. It was definitely better when it was freshly made, but it wasn't like they were going to all go out to eat every day. His wallet would be hurting.

Rina quietly enjoyed the pizza. Who knew a mix of different food would taste so good. It only took a couple of slices for her to feel full. "This pizza is great. We all should've just came here a long time ago. The Soul Society doesn't have anything like this!" The more she tried different things, the more she wanted to stay, regardless of what was going on. There was so much to enjoy here. "I really don't know how it works with anyone being able to come here. I don't think it's a bad idea for other Shinigami to come and learn the world in person. You never know what might happen one day."

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

((Let's skip forward a bit.))

After practically inhaling the greasy, but admittedly tasty pizza, Yumichika and Rina bid Ichigo farewell and went off to practice. Although it would have been nice for them to find Rina's gigai, they figured that it would show up eventually. Besides, they were both a little too excited about training with each other to remember that Rina was still a ghost.

They walked about a mile in the direction that Ichigo instructed them, and they soon saw the huge soccer field that would be their training ground. Few people were out at this time of day, which was convenient for them. It meant that they didn't have to be as careful about humans noticing them. Plus, there was a small forest behind the soccer field, which was always a good way to hide shinigami attacks.

Yumichika pulled his mod soul dispenser out of his pocket and ingested the candy. He emerged as a shinigami, while the mod soul decided to find a safe, shady place to sit in the grass. "Alright, Rina-chan. I'm feeling generous. The lady gets the first move," he called out to her with a cocky smile as he unsheathed his zanpakuto. He wouldn't release his shikai just yet, though he could sense the sword's desire to be released.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

((Let's skip forward a bit.))

After practically inhaling the greasy, but admittedly tasty pizza, Yumichika and Rina bid Ichigo farewell and went off to practice. Although it would have been nice for them to find Rina's gigai, they figured that it would show up eventually. Besides, they were both a little too excited about training with each other to remember that Rina was still a ghost.

They walked about a mile in the direction that Ichigo instructed them, and they soon saw the huge soccer field that would be their training ground. Few people were out at this time of day, which was convenient for them. It meant that they didn't have to be as careful about humans noticing them. Plus, there was a small forest behind the soccer field, which was always a good way to hide shinigami attacks.

Yumichika pulled his mod soul dispenser out of his pocket and ingested the candy. He emerged as a shinigami, while the mod soul decided to find a safe, shady place to sit in the grass. "Alright, Rina-chan. I'm feeling generous. The lady gets the first move," he called out to her with a cocky smile as he unsheathed his zanpakuto. He wouldn't release his shikai just yet, though he could sense the sword's desire to be released.

Rina followed Yumichika to the soccer park. It seemed like such a nice day to practice, or even do anything outside. She hesitated to watch the kids play this game. It looked quite interesting. She continued on into the forest. In a way, it was nice to not be seen by the humans. They didn't have to worry about being bothered.

With a grin, she pulled out her sword. It felt so natural to just even hold it, and like second nature to fight. It was the way of the Shinigami. She felt more confident holding her sword now. Whether it was because she knew Yumichika wasn't an enemy or because it was just practice, she liked it. "Okay, you asked for it," she yelled across to him. She took off with a fast run, hold her sword to her side. As she started to get closer, she raised it up to ready for an attack. She pretended to attack him at his side, but stepped around to swing her sword at his back.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika stood ready to spring and deflect Rina's attack as she ran toward him. He started to pull his zanpakuto to his side, but he noticed that her foot didn't follow her swing and recovered smoothly, turning to face her with his zanpakuto. Metal clashed, and Yumichika broke the contact after a few seconds. He swung quickly, hoping she would jump back and try attacking him again. "Come on now. What else you got?" he teased her, smirk still on his face.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

Yumichika stood ready to spring and deflect Rina's attack as she ran toward him. He started to pull his zanpakuto to his side, but he noticed that her foot didn't follow her swing and recovered smoothly, turning to face her with his zanpakuto. Metal clashed, and Yumichika broke the contact after a few seconds. He swung quickly, hoping she would jump back and try attacking him again. "Come on now. What else you got?" he teased her, smirk still on his face.

When he broke contact, Rina jumped back a few feet. With a chuckle, she ran forward, changing her grip on her sword into a death grip. As she got closer, she raised her sword vertically above her head and swung down as hard as she could. Sometimes she liked strength more than speed, but you couldn't just depend only on one of the two. She didn't have as much muscle but at least she could figure out how much strength she had.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika met Rina's downward swing easily with his own upward swing. Being much taller than her, he had no trouble maintaining his ground. He held his sword steadily for several seconds before overpowering her and pushing her upward. He then began a series of quick jabs to test her reflexes after being forced into an awkward position. It was nothing too dangerous, as he wasn't extending his sword-holding arm to its fullest reach... but he could still stab her if she couldn't keep up. He was Squad 11, afterall. He couldn't exactly go easy on her. He just didn't want to kill her, which was a much more justifiable reason.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

Yumichika met Rina's downward swing easily with his own upward swing. Being much taller than her, he had no trouble maintaining his ground. He held his sword steadily for several seconds before overpowering her and pushing her upward. He then began a series of quick jabs to test her reflexes after being forced into an awkward position. It was nothing too dangerous, as he wasn't extending his sword-holding arm to its fullest reach... but he could still stab her if she couldn't keep up. He was Squad 11, afterall. He couldn't exactly go easy on her. He just didn't want to kill her, which was a much more justifiable reason.

After being blocked and overpowered, Rina thought to herself that she should've figured that with Yumichika's height that the attack would've been almost useless. Even though this was training, and Yumichika was trying to hold back, it was rather enjoyable. Of course, Shinigami were trained to fight and probably should enjoy it since it was their profession, but taking it too easy during training didn't get everyone too far.

She kept her speed up at blocking the attacks, but kept her reiatsu concentrated around her blade. In case she would miss a jab just slightly, she would be able to continue blocking it. It was something she was still learning how to do since she was trying to take her shikai's reishi absorbing ability to her advantage. For a moment, she thought she had seen someone standing up in the sky. For that split second, she felt a cut to her side, and quickly jumped several feet back. She was lost for a moment on what she could concentrate on, the cut or the person. Rina looked back up to see nothing but a cloud. It was probably her mind playing tricks since they had the Arrancar problem. Without bothering to look at her cut, she disregarded anything else besides the fight and ran back towards Yumichika to continue training.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika was slightly impressed that Rina held her own against the first several rounds of jabs. However, something distracted Rina and he noticed that her eyes drifted for the slightest moment. That was when he felt his sword pierce skin. It was a shallow cut, but it proved his point. "Hey, Rina! If you lose your focus in battle for even a second, you'll always lose," Yumichika chastised her as she retreated away.

She recovered almost immediately and lunged at him again. At this rate, they might make some progress. Hopefully the slip-up was just a fluke. They parried several times as Yumichika tried to find a weakness in her swordsmanship. He tried something a little different. He side-stepped Rina as he blocked her again, and he whipped his zanpakuto from in front of her to behind her. He telegraphed his movement ever so slightly by bringing his zanpakuto around in an arc higher than necessary, so he hoped that she would be able to deflect. If not, he mentally prepared to slow down his swing at the last moment to avoid giving her a fatal blow.

Hiatus OVEEERRRRRR

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces