Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

The mind was a strong thing to have, but yet so very delicate, more delicate than glass. So many precautions had to be taken with memory loss. "That's not a bad idea, Yumichika. I don't think she's quite as strong as she realizes in her current state, but just to make sure she doesn't relapse, like Kisuke says, it would probably be the best to roll with your idea. Even I can tell she's underestimating herself in battle."

Renji quickly looked at Yumichika's direction. What Hollow did he just mention? The Grand Fisher hasn't been defeated for over fifty years! And somehow it was their luck that it showed up, and that it was defeated so easily when Rina reverted to what should be her normal self. "Did you just say the Grand Fisher? No has come close to killing it for at least half a century. In a way, we're lucky that Rina had become suddenly powerful just long enough to kill it before there were any casualties." A captain probably could easily defeated it if one were to come to the World of the Living, but there wasn't ever a reason to let one come. It would mean something big was happening first.

Ichigo sipped his tea, even though it had gotten a little cold, and thought about it. If Rina could go back to her former self, then that would help a great deal with the Arrancar. Just the group alone was having problems defeating them easily. "Then it probably wouldn't hurt to leave her here for the night then, in case she starts having any problems then she has you," he said as he looked at Kisuke, "To make sure nothing else happens. I don't want to see anyone else get hurt if I can help it." He didn't know much about her, but she was on his team, which meant that he was going to help protect her also, just like he would for any of his other friends.

Crazy thought. Were you thinking about having Kisuke try to summon Rina's original memories after the group leaves? Or were you talking about Yoruichi?

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

((Pretty new avi!
And nooo, Kisuke won't do such a thing. I'm talking about Yoruichi.
You know, a major loophole that would completely undermine the storyline... Orihime could just perform a rejection on Rina, and she'd theoretically be totally restored. xD Like, she could save anyone with her powers. But anyway.))

Kisuke sipped on his tea again. Mm, tea was the perfect calming agent during serious conversations like these. These kids were pretty intelligent; they knew how to handle themselves. Even Ichigo, who was normally quite dense, was taking precautions to protect Rina. The orange-head really had matured since they first met. He was quite surprised that Ichigo hadn't freaked out upon hearing that the Grand Fisher returned. If Kisuke's memory was halfway decent, Ichigo's mother was killed by it. 'What an interesting turn of events,' he mused to himself.

"It seems that you all have a decent short-term plan to deal with these complications. Keeping all of this from Rina won't be easy, and this secrecy may not last long. I hate to leave people out of the loop, but if another incident occurs, find a way to talk to me in secret," he told them matter-of-factly before adjusting his hat. "Also, I wouldn't report this to Soul Society just yet. Ukitake-taichou probably is already aware of Rina's past, so he is probably trustworthy. But for now, tell no one else."

((Wasn't sure what to add after this, so I figured I would stop here. Is there anything else to discuss? Or shall we begin to wrap up?))

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

thanks. I just finally got tired of the same items so I sold them and went to the marketplace. I didn't know black ink is so expect now!
It would he forever before Orihime would know she could do such a thing anyway. She could have the world upside down if she wanted. I just thought it would be a cool idea at the moment.

Ichigo hated keeping secrets from people but this could either hurt someone who they will need later or help her. Plus if she was connected to Aizen, most likely she would be able to help them. "We'll just have to do what we can. There's plenty of us to be able to get away to come here. Do you think it would be a good idea if someone stayed for when she woke up?"

After crossing his arms, Renji noticed something. Since Ichigo had become a Shinigami, a lot of things have been happening like never before. It would probably be centuries more until anyone else found out about Rina. "Well I have to go back to the Soul Society to report anyway. I won't mention any of this. Hopefully nothing happens while I'm gone."

I think that's pretty much it. I feel bad for stealing all the spotlight.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

((Inflation is an absolute nightmare. Glad you came out of the MP alive. x.x
We-ell... I'll consider Kisuke doing something. A thought: He could have Orihime actually try that, but <insert details> prevents it from succeeding. Hmm. Perhaps later down the line.))

Yumichika hadn't said much during the discussion, as he was deep in his own thoughts. He continued to replay the scene in his mind-- the brief chase, the Hollow defending itself easily, Rina's transformation, the confusion... How could such a small girl cause such a disturbance? Was it related to her zanpakuto? He tried to recall what he saw of it. The battle was so quick that he didn't have much information on it. He supposed he could dwell on all of this later when he had time to himself.

Answering Ichigo's question, he said, "I'll stay here. I was there when the incident happened, afterall," hoping no one would question his reason.

To his relief, Urahara-san seemed to be okay with this. "If no one objects, then I suppose that there is not much left to discuss tonight. Feel free to linger in here, of course, if you so desire. I am going to check on Tessai and Rina. Abarai, I'm sure your friends are capable of handling anything else that may happen in your absence. Don't worry," he said and stood before walking out of the room and down the hall.

((Aaaand dismissed. I'm off for the day to a friend's house~))

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

((Inflation is an absolute nightmare. Glad you came out of the MP alive. x.x
We-ell... I'll consider Kisuke doing something. A thought: He could have Orihime actually try that, but <insert details> prevents it from succeeding. Hmm. Perhaps later down the line.))

Yumichika hadn't said much during the discussion, as he was deep in his own thoughts. He continued to replay the scene in his mind-- the brief chase, the Hollow defending itself easily, Rina's transformation, the confusion... How could such a small girl cause such a disturbance? Was it related to her zanpakuto? He tried to recall what he saw of it. The battle was so quick that he didn't have much information on it. He supposed he could dwell on all of this later when he had time to himself.

Answering Ichigo's question, he said, "I'll stay here. I was there when the incident happened, afterall," hoping no one would question his reason.

To his relief, Urahara-san seemed to be okay with this. "If no one objects, then I suppose that there is not much left to discuss tonight. Feel free to linger in here, of course, if you so desire. I am going to check on Tessai and Rina. Abarai, I'm sure your friends are capable of handling anything else that may happen in your absence. Don't worry," he said and stood before walking out of the room and down the hall.

((Aaaand dismissed. I'm off for the day to a friend's house~))

Yeah. I have a few bruises and I did get stabbed once but the doctor says I'll live!
We can put some thought into it later. We still have the Muramasa idea too. O.o

Renji laughed. "I hope so, or I'm going to look like the hero when I come back!" Even though he could be serious, he still had his moments when he could have a good laugh. He finished off his tea then stood up to stretch. Ever since he came to the World of the Living, the idea of sitting in chairs was a much better idea than the floor. He walked over to Yumichika and put his hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry about Rina. We're lucky to have Kisuke on our side. Plus it's probably better for you to be with her anyway. If she wanted Amy of us to be with her, you'd probably be her first choice."

Even though all Shinigami were on the same team, it was true that some were closer together than others, regardless of which squad they were in. Ichigo then stood up also. It wasn't like he didn't want to be there, but a lot did happen that day. "I'll walk Orihime home. I'll come by in the morning to check on you two if you haven't left already. He walked towards the door so he could put on his shoes before going outside.

A
Have fun!

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika looked down and smirked a bit when Renji said that he would be Rina's first choice. If only Renji knew what transpired before Grand Fisher came along. "Chad, I'll see you later," he said and stood to take his leave. He hurried along to follow Urahara-san. For all he knew, there was a maze down the hall in this man's home! After a few quick strides, he was a foot behind the older man.

"So Urahara-san..." he began, but was cut off. "Don't worry. You can ask me questions later. Let's save it for when we're in privacy," he said politely. It was for good reason; in four steps, they stopped at a closed sliding door. Urahara-san carefully opened it, revealing Tessai kneeling over a resting Rina.

Was she okay? Was she seriously hurt again? Tessai didn't do anything, did he?... Yumichika needed to calm down.

. . . .

Rukia waved at the orange-heads and said, "Alright, I'll see you later, Ichigo. Good night, Inoue-san." She wanted to linger a little longer, not feeling content with this conversation. She felt like information was being withheld from her. Knowing Urahara-san, it was. She would linger around to see what else she could find out. She wondered if it would be beneficial to inform her brother about this. She understood the sensitivity of the information, but he was, afterall, a very important man in Soul Society with connections.

The others filed out of the room while she let herself fall deep into thought.

. . . .

Kurosaki-kun was walking Orihime home. Kurosaki-kun was alone with Orihime. Her heart beat fast, and she could feel herself blushing as she walked a half-step behind him. The nighttime air felt nice, which helped her from having a panic attack a little. She longed to say something to him-- anything to break the silence! But she was afraid of stuttering or completely making the short walk awkward. If he didn't say anything, then she would just make herself grateful that she at least had this time with him. Being a girl sure was difficult.

((Feel free to control Tessai in Rina's lil' scene. I figure it will make interacting with Rina more easy.))

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

Yumichika looked down and smirked a bit when Renji said that he would be Rina's first choice. If only Renji knew what transpired before Grand Fisher came along. "Chad, I'll see you later," he said and stood to take his leave. He hurried along to follow Urahara-san. For all he knew, there was a maze down the hall in this man's home! After a few quick strides, he was a foot behind the older man.

"So Urahara-san..." he began, but was cut off. "Don't worry. You can ask me questions later. Let's save it for when we're in privacy," he said politely. It was for good reason; in four steps, they stopped at a closed sliding door. Urahara-san carefully opened it, revealing Tessai kneeling over a resting Rina.

Was she okay? Was she seriously hurt again? Tessai didn't do anything, did he?... Yumichika needed to calm down.

. . . .

Rukia waved at the orange-heads and said, "Alright, I'll see you later, Ichigo. Good night, Inoue-san." She wanted to linger a little longer, not feeling content with this conversation. She felt like information was being withheld from her. Knowing Urahara-san, it was. She would linger around to see what else she could find out. She wondered if it would be beneficial to inform her brother about this. She understood the sensitivity of the information, but he was, afterall, a very important man in Soul Society with connections.

The others filed out of the room while she let herself fall deep into thought.

. . . .

Kurosaki-kun was walking Orihime home. Kurosaki-kun was alone with Orihime. Her heart beat fast, and she could feel herself blushing as she walked a half-step behind him. The nighttime air felt nice, which helped her from having a panic attack a little. She longed to say something to him-- anything to break the silence! But she was afraid of stuttering or completely making the short walk awkward. If he didn't say anything, then she would just make herself grateful that she at least had this time with him. Being a girl sure was difficult.

((Feel free to control Tessai in Rina's lil' scene. I figure it will make interacting with Rina more easy.))

I kinda figured it would work out that way for this scene. It's not like she's going to jump up and run off or anything.

Tessai had carefully taken care of Rina while Kisuke was tending to the others. Of course, not all information was relayed to them. He probably still didn't know everything about the man but he knew he always had secrets somewhere. Of course, there were times that it was a good thing that he would keep those secrets up his sleeve and not spoken to anyone else. When Tessai bought Rina to the room, he made sure that she was comfortable on the small mat and pillow before beginning to heal her, in case there was a wound that they couldn't see. He figured if there was a fight with the Grand Fisher that there could be even a little something wrong.

During the small time that Tessai was healing the small girl, he did find something, and it wasn't a wound. After a little more investigation, he found out it was kido. It could be possible work of Aizen but he wasn't going to make assumptions just yet. He continued to sit beside Rina, in case something strange were to happen, and wait for Kisuke to come back. When the door finally opened, he bowed his head and began to speak. "Sir, I have found something while healing her. Someone had put a kido spell in her. I can't quite tell what it is, and I was sure that you would be interested."

The area had seemed to be peacefully quiet, which was nice for once. The sky was still clear, which gave them plenty of light to see. Ichigo was still thinking about their whole situation for a while. He wanted to become stronger to protect everyone but he wasn't sure if there was time to do the training he wanted. It was his job as a substitute Shinigami to protect souls, but he made it his personal mission to save not only his friends, but also those who can't protect themselves. After much thought, he broke out of it to look at Orihime. "What's wrong Orihime?"

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Kisuke listened to Tessai intently. His eyes widened slightly when Tessai briefly explained that a kido spell resided in Rina's body. "So my suspicions were correct," he said rather ominously. He rubbed his chin as if he was in thought before continuing, "It makes sense in the context of the situation at hand. Let's step outside for a moment," he said and motioned for Tessai to follow them into the hall again. Once the door was slid closed and they were away from the room, Kisuke informed Tessai about the discussion he just had with the others. In case Rina awoke, he still didn't want her to know about this. "Now if we perform a few tests, I'm sure that pinpointing the source and type of kido will be easy."

Yumichika who was still behind Kisuke in the hall, spoke up. Kisuke assumed that the shinigami had a few... concerns about this. "This kido... It's not dangerous, is it? Did Grand Fisher do this to her?" he asked, his voice stern to hide his worry.

. . . .

Orihime was looking at the ground as they walked, content with being near Ichigo. She was startled out of her thoughts when Ichigo spoke up. "H-huh? O-oh! Nothing, Kurosaki-kun," she stuttered and smiled as she looked up. "I was just thinking about how perfect the weather is tonight... It reminds me of the summers I spent with my brother," she said with a tinge of nostalgia and looked up at the moon. Sometimes she imagined that he was the man in the moon who watched over her every night.

((Aaand Tessai, the kido expert. Go!))

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

Kisuke listened to Tessai intently. His eyes widened slightly when Tessai briefly explained that a kido spell resided in Rina's body. "So my suspicions were correct," he said rather ominously. He rubbed his chin as if he was in thought before continuing, "It makes sense in the context of the situation at hand. Let's step outside for a moment," he said and motioned for Tessai to follow them into the hall again. Once the door was slid closed and they were away from the room, Kisuke informed Tessai about the discussion he just had with the others. In case Rina awoke, he still didn't want her to know about this. "Now if we perform a few tests, I'm sure that pinpointing the source and type of kido will be easy."

Yumichika who was still behind Kisuke in the hall, spoke up. Kisuke assumed that the shinigami had a few... concerns about this. "This kido... It's not dangerous, is it? Did Grand Fisher do this to her?" he asked, his voice stern to hide his worry.

. . . .

Orihime was looking at the ground as they walked, content with being near Ichigo. She was startled out of her thoughts when Ichigo spoke up. "H-huh? O-oh! Nothing, Kurosaki-kun," she stuttered and smiled as she looked up. "I was just thinking about how perfect the weather is tonight... It reminds me of the summers I spent with my brother," she said with a tinge of nostalgia and looked up at the moon. Sometimes she imagined that he was the man in the moon who watched over her every night.

((Aaand Tessai, the kido expert. Go!))

It seemed to be fine with Kisuke that Yumichika was in on the conversation. He wasn't about to question it. Kisuke was a mysterious man. It was obvious that the Shinigami was worried about the girl. At least she had someone who knew her and cared. Of course, there's still plenty of others that knew the past version of her but they all were different stories."No. As far as I know, the Grand Fisher didn't use any kido spells. This is from someone else, and it looks like it has been there for a very long time."

And at this part, Tessai was one step ahead. He was also curious and he knew how to find out without hurting the girl. "I already did, sir. It's a type of barrier kido. I can't quite find out what it's trying to protect unless we try to break it. It is possible that we can try to break it but I'm not sure if we can break through it. The best option we have would have to be Orihime. If she can break it then it'll prove how much stronger she is than whoever put this barrier kido on her.

It often seemed like Orihime's brother was more like a parent to her. He had no other choice but to help raise her since they didn't have anyone else. At least she always had someone there for her. Now, she had her friends like Ichigo, Tatsuki, Rukia, and all the others. A "I'm sure if he could, he would be here watching over you. One day when we go back to the Soul Society, we can try to find him," Ichigo said. He knew Orihime would like to see him again soon one day.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

"Wait wait. Break the kido? I don't want to undermine your expertise or anything, but if it's inside her... won't breaking that harm her?" Yumichika asked incredulously after Tessai gave his report. He didn't know much about the man, but he had a feeling that this assistant was much more than that. In fact, he and Urahara gave Yumichika the idea that they were always ten steps ahead of the others.

. . .

Orihime felt a tinge of sadness as she thought about her brother. To say that their last meeting was emotional would be an understatement. But he was in a better place hopefully. Orihime looked back at Ichigo and smiled at his comment. Ichigo could be very kind when he wasn't busy saving the world. "... Yeah... Thank you, Kurosaki-kun," she said quietly and let the silence surround them afterward. It wasn't an awkward silence, either. It was somewhat inviting, in fact. She occasionally glanced from the moon to Ichigo's face. He was a very handsome boy, especially when he wasn't frowning. She blushed a little at that thought, even though they were just friends.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

Yumichika had every right to worry about what could happen to Rina. But since not every kido move isn't known, all they could do is take a shot at it. What was cast on her could either be holding her back from something or keeping her from going somewhere. Or who knows what it's for. "We won't know until we try. It is risky but it could benefit her. If something does go wrong, at least both Kisuke and I are here. We'll take care of her."

Tessai hoped with Orihime's help that they can break it, or if she wasn't strong enough, at least weaken it. They were about to need all the help they can get. Even if another Shinigami wasn't that strong, it all would help just ad much somewhere. A "It is possible with Orihime's help that we can break it. Though, it would probably be best after she had her night's rest before trying it."

Ichigo did like how happy or optimistic Orihime normally was. It was rare to find someone who was always like that. He stopped outside her house and looked at her. A "Well, good night."

A
Good timing. I'm about to go to work. They're making me go in later so I won't get too much OT

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika wasn't very convinced, but what could he do? He couldn't help remove the kido. Squad 11 didn't have anything to do with spells in the first place... Well, they weren't supposed to, anyway.

With a resigned sigh, he said, "Okay, you're probably right. I'll watch over her for a little while, if you don't mind."

Urahara had no qualms to this. "Feel free to knock on my door if you need anything. I should still be up for a while. Third door on the right from this one... Come, Tessai. How about a cup of tea?" he told Yumichika before excusing himself and his assistant.

Yumichika watched them until they turned the corner into the gathering room. Then he quietly slipped inside where Rina was resting. He did his best not to disturb her, so he tiptoed around and sat down a few feet away. If she awoke, he didn't want to startle her by being all in her face.

. . .

Orihime didn't even realize that she was now home until Ichigo stopped. "Oh..." she said with a little disappointment. All good things must come to an end. "Thank you again, Kurosaki-kun. Get some rest, okay?" she said and smiled. Walking up to her doorstep, she pulled out her keys and waved at him one more time. She unlocked her door and entered. 'Alone again,' she thought and sighed.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

It was early in the morning when Tessai woke up. He didn't have a need to sleep in until the afternoon, like someone else. He went to go get Orihime before Kisuke mentioned it. Once he arrived at her house, he lightly knocked on her door and waited. After some random noises, she came to the door. "Oh, Tessai, how are you? I wasn't expecting any visitors this morning. Um, would you like some lunch?"

She was really cheerful this morning. Sadly, there wasn't time for a meal. "I would like to, but we have something important to do. I need you to come with me back to Kisuke's shop," he told her. Orihime nodded and told him to give her a minute to change out of her pajamas. Then she walked with him to the shop.

Tessai explained to her about what they found while they were talking to Kisuke yesterday, and they needed her help to try to break the kido on Rina. As they entered the room where Rina was, Orihime saw Yumichika sitting close to her. "Yumichika, you're here. It's nice to see you again," she said happily. She probably wouldn't be able to get to know him as well as the others, but he seemed like a good person.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika didn't get much sleep that night. He spent most of his time staring between Rina's sleeping face and her hand resting at her side. He wanted to hold it, but he didn't want to disturb her, especially if she was injured. So he would let out an occasional sigh and continue staring in silence. He began nodding off after several hours. Once he awoke with a blanket cloaked over him, which he greatly appreciated. Eventually, though, he gave up and curled up on the floor to sleep soundly for a few hours.

When he awoke, it was morning. He could tell by the chirping birds, though he confirmed it by quietly stepping into the hallway. Satisfied, he went back inside and resumed his criss-cross position beside Rina. She still hadn't awoken, which worried him. But if the shopkeeper and assistant hadn't come to check on her, then she must have been okay... he hoped. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and smoothed down his trimmed hair. Some food would be nice.

He was zoning out when he heard footsteps down the hall. In seconds, the sliding doors opened to reveal Tessai and Orihime. Surprised, Yumichika stood up quickly to greet Orihime and get out of Tessai's way. "Good morning. Um, are you going to try to help Rina?" he asked, sounding a bit sleepy still. He was sure that she knew about the situation, as Kisuke and Tessai were talking about it last night.

((Shall I resume controlling Orihime, or you? Idc either way.))

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

Yumichika didn't get much sleep that night. He spent most of his time staring between Rina's sleeping face and her hand resting at her side. He wanted to hold it, but he didn't want to disturb her, especially if she was injured. So he would let out an occasional sigh and continue staring in silence. He began nodding off after several hours. Once he awoke with a blanket cloaked over him, which he greatly appreciated. Eventually, though, he gave up and curled up on the floor to sleep soundly for a few hours.

When he awoke, it was morning. He could tell by the chirping birds, though he confirmed it by quietly stepping into the hallway. Satisfied, he went back inside and resumed his criss-cross position beside Rina. She still hadn't awoken, which worried him. But if the shopkeeper and assistant hadn't come to check on her, then she must have been okay... she hoped. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and smoothed down his trimmed hair. Some food would be nice.

He was zoning out when he heard footsteps down the hall. In seconds, the sliding doors opened to reveal Tessai and Orihime. Surprised, Yumichika stood up quickly to greet Orihime and get out of Tessai's way. "Good morning. Um, are you going to try to help Rina?" he asked, sounding a bit sleepy still. He was sure that she knew about the situation, as Kisuke and Tessai were talking about it last night.

((Shall I resume controlling Orihime, or you? Idc either way.))

I thought I was supposed to. I figured I would so there would be more interaction between everyone.

Orihime wondered if Yumichika had been in the room all night. It would have been such a sweet thing to do. No one really knew Rina, so it was great that she had someone to be beside her. "Yep! Tessai explained it to me on the way here. I hope I can break it." Of course, Orihime really didn't know how much she could do with her power if she found the strength in herself.

Tessai had disappeared momentarily to grab a few pillows for them to sit on during the time Orihime was working, and a plate of bacon and eggs for Yumichika. There was no reason to let a guest starve while they were here.

Orihime sat on her pillow beside Rina and took in a deep breath. This was her first time doing this so she wanted to do it right. After letting the breath out, she held her hands over Rina and softly spoke, "I reject."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff