Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Narumi Misuhara
MistressMinako
Heard you guys were planning to replace Alchemy with an entire new system and scrap the old? It's just a rumor but I've been out of the loop so long I was wondering what the status of Alchemy is now that you've decided to go back to focusing on the site.
There's very long term goals to do this but it's not currently a focus.

link

So the answer is: no. Never.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
OddBird
panoptes
OddBird
I would discuss this more indepth but I'm lazy
I'm gonna just throw out a guess that the answer is no
For all the promises given Gaia still has its own idea of what alchemy should be
and it rarely seems to be anywhere close to what the average user would find reasonable

you would think making it appealing to the most users possible would be the ultimate goal
if your average user can become a reasonable high level alchemist, it means theyre more willing to invest themselves into premium recipes, which gaia sells for cash

suffice it to say
gaia logic is not
the same logic most people use

*Sigh* Truer words have not been spoken.

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
This post does not make me feel super good about it. I don't want them to build a new system (though Narumi said in ATA that it was on the back burner now, I think); I want them to fix the one they already built... and there really have been a lot of great suggestions from the userbase on how to do that, and from my perspective here, I don't think they amount to bandaids/chewing gum/paperclips. :/

Especially if the new system had to be put on the backburner, I don't see why they can't try some of the suggestions that would take minimal effort, even if they do consider them to be bandaids. It would be better than nothing. I personally think the system would be just fine if they just tweaked the drop rates on those caches and cases so stuff isn't so rare.
I've came back on here after 1 year, and alchemy is bloody hard ._.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
The most important question here is that:

If you scrap the project or never plan on fixing it, how are people supposed to obtain the backwings?

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
It is so hard to try and do alchemy I wish they would pay it some attention!

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image
This post does not make me feel super good about it. I don't want them to build a new system (though Narumi said in ATA that it was on the back burner now, I think) I want them to fix the one they already built... and there really have been a lot of great suggestions from the userbase on how to do that, and from my perspective here, I don't think they amount to bandaids/chewing gum/paperclips. :/

Especially if the new system had to be put on the backburner, I don't see why they can't try some of the suggestions that would take minimal effort, even if they do consider them to be bandaids. It would be better than nothing. I personally think the system would be just fine if they just tweaked the drop rates on those caches and cases so stuff isn't so rare.

I agree. They just need to find a way to get more components out there.. that's it. Yes, it does need some other work, but that's the main issue, really.

Buggy Punk

dreamsk

If you scrap the project or never plan on fixing it, how are people supposed to obtain the backwings?
I would really hope they'd stick them in Dernier Cri for a nasty high price, but make them available there permanently. It would suck for the few who managed to craft them, but it would be nice to have them actually be somewhat attainable.

But then I've thought they should go in Dernier Cri since it was introduced. ninja

Romantic Explorer

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
dreamsk

This, this exactly.

>Makes an item people have wanted since 03
>Nearly impossible to obtain
>Scrap the project/postpone fixing it indefinitely and shrug

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i would be much happier if they did away with it all together, it has always been a useless feature if you ask me
instead of crafting items why dont gaia artists just create more of the same items and do away with alchemy altogether

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
They promised us a fix! We still need certain things that need fixing as far as crafting certain items too because of the stupid requirements for some.

Example... Milk the Cat needs 10 Kitten fluffs. TEN of them. Are there ever that many in the marketplace anymore? HA! Nope! And seems no recipes for them either.

And when are they ever gonna add more GOLD-SINKing items to that?

And the backwings they promised us should have been addressed as well.

I am still stuck at level 8. I want to get to level ten, but there is nothing there I want and it is really hard to get anyone to take me up on my offer for services. I even tried to help those of lower levels, but my efforts there is failing. And nothing sells once it is crafted (I got fed up and just leave things on display in case somebody wants to pm me about them - but I won't sell so cheap that I end up in poverty)

Despite what they are saying, they promised us a fix.
And this new system I hope is way better and involves more gold-sinking items than Alchemy does. And that it DOES still include items from zOMG and from trash/flowers, etc cause that is what makes this all worthwhile.

Alien Invader

It's just another flawed system I was hoping would fall away like once Bid Blast was recognized as an awful model of a penny auction.

The way they've set up Alchemy with our wonderful user run open economy is pretty much a recipe for failure. So far it's only proven successful for people wiling to throw away gold or extended periods of time to maybe come out with a big ticket item that actually cost more to end up crafting than it's actual sell price.

Just because I've wanted backwings for 9 years doesn't mean I'm willing to dismantle my entire inventory to only maybe have enough gold to try and then start counting time...

I hate Alchemy. lol

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Mereluna
dreamsk

I would really hope they'd stick them in Dernier Cri for a nasty high price, but make them available there permanently. It would suck for the few who managed to craft them, but it would be nice to have them actually be somewhat attainable.

But then I've thought they should go in Dernier Cri since it was introduced. ninja
I actually might not mind this. lol The deal was, was that we work our asses off to get them. Obviously Alchemy failed completely on this point and just wanted people with billions of gold to be able to craft them, but at least this option is the same stick as Alchemy except with certainty and probably less cost (I hope). 50M might not be too bad of a price for the fully crafted wings, almost the cost of some 'o3's anyway. I just feel that the 2M-8M range is like a high end RIG item, and then a 10M-50M range is a RIG pet.

I've actually heard from the people that crafted them that they wouldn't mind an easier way of crafting/obtaining them.

But somehow I highly doubt Gaia is going to put them in a gold shop. stressed

Fashionable Shapeshifter

tbh it says a lot to me about the availability of backwings through alchemy that theyre still able to shove teaser wings into items like this months MCs

did they want the 'official' backwings to be special, or just so rare that they dont edge in on the cash wing racket?

i dont like to make accusations like that, but the state of affairs here is so asinine that i cant help but wonder if theres a reason behind it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff