Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Shapeshifter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Spock studied the board for a moment, letting himself enjoy her smiles. He knew exactly what he was doing, and it was done intentionally to please Nyota. He knew there were things human men might do without a second thought that he'd never even contemplate. He wanted to make her happy, wanted to make her feel loved and wanted. It was tougher for him since he'd spent so long denying his emotional side, but the cover of Vulcan honesty made it a little easier. He moved another pawn, setting up a long game.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Channon thought for a moment, it was a good question. For most people in 2013 a corset would be considered antiquated fashion. "Pretty sure that's a yes." His comment made her grin and she arched a brow. "As clever as you are, you can't figure it out? Would you rather keep asking until you run out, or would you prefer to forfeit and just have me tell you?" Either option meant her victory, and she had the perfect reveal in mind. If he couldn't figure it out on his own, she would simply take off the dress and show him the corset.

She was pretty sure the prize she had decided on would satisfy both of them, fixing her head while giving Jim full access to her body. She wanted him, needed him, and he clearly wanted her. She had to get out of her head for a while, let Jim's love heal her. He would have complete control, but only after claiming her, marking her as his and his alone. Literally or figuratively, it didn't matter, but she'd feel better knowing they still belonged completely to each other.

Bones chuckled and picked up the hypospray. "Yes, you're still off duty. But I do have good news. Spock's willing to work with you. It goes without saying that no one but present company, the Commander and Jim will know about it. It's up to you whether we tell Channon, though it couldn't hurt to have her at your side. It might make her less inclined to mother-hen you." He gave her the hypo and set it aside. "There, that should take care of your head. Try to eat something substantial, it'll help the last leg of your recovery."

He turned to Sulu. "I'm ready when you are." His gaze shifted to Ana. "You can stay or go change, it's all up to you. This won't take long, and I'm sure you want out of that dress."

Anxious Survivor

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User ImageWell, that certainly narrowed it down. Something that was antiquated even before the Federation's formation? Although he was now certain that he knew what it was, Kirk let himself pout at the suggestion of forfeiting, as if he had no idea where to go from here. "I think you should just tell me," he offered mournfully. "Five questions just aren't enough, and I do know when to admit defeat. Sometimes." He flashed Channon a grin. "So, dear Channon... What's my surprise?"

Ana almost yelped in delight, hearing that Spock had agreed to help her. She hoped, prayed even, and she wasn't the religious type - that the Vulcan would be able to help her find stability. The Shrinks certainly hadn't been any good for that. "I'll go change," she told Sulu and Bones. "I've been in this dress for far too long!" And then she would take it straight to Scotty, and he could scrap it for her. Well, maybe not scrap it. Get it recycled perhaps. There was surely enough fabric there to make a new outfit, something more in her style than the 1th century dress.

She imagined Channon would be disappointed to learn that she'd given up the dress, but she was also certain that her best friend would understand. Dresses just weren't Ana's thing. With a wave to the males still in the medbay, Ana hurried off to her quarters, breathing a sigh of relief when she was finally in plain black pants and a shirt.

"Darn it, I should have asked Bones if Spock had suggested a time for things." shaking her head, she flopped back onto her bed with a tired sigh. She might have been improved from her condition last night, but she needed more rest. But... She was meant to eat, first. Bones had said it would help. So, that meant a trip to the Mess, as substantial food was not available in her quarters.

Damn it.

Ana wondered if she would bump into anyone on her way there and back. She had no intention of staying for longer than she needed to. She had promised to take it easy today. Well, kind of. She didn't feel like doing anything more, so she may as well have promised Bones that she would behave herself.

Lonely Shapeshifter

"I guess that means I win. Still, I think you'll enjoy your prize." Channon gave him a coy grin and stepped closer, her hands going to the laces on the back of her gown. They deftly untied the bow and pulled the ribbon free. She paused and pushed the dress down, stepping out of it. As soon as it hit the floor she felt much lighter.

Now down to just her corset, panties, stockings and heels, she crossed the rest of the distance and took his hands in hers, guiding them to her waist. "Like your present? It's all yours, as soon as you claim it. Mark me as only yours, literally or figuratively, then you can spend the rest of the night reminding me what I've been missing." She kept her tone coy and teasing, well aware of what the corset did for her figure.

And to be perfectly honest she had missed sleeping with Jim. She hadn't forgotten how good he was, or how good he could make her feel. She was ready to take it back, and make up for lost time in the process. She began opening his jacket, wanting to get rid of a few layers. As good as the dress uniform looked on him, it was in her way.

Bones watched her go and chuckled. "I don't think I've ever seen anyone so excited to change clothes before, not even Jim with his dress uniform." He turned his focus to Sulu and picked up a tricorder. "Anything in particular you're concerned about?" he asked as he began the scan, making a short mental list of hypos the helmsman needed. There really weren't many, Sulu had never been one to avoid medbay.

Anxious Survivor

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image Sometimes losing wasn't so terrible after all. This was definitely one of those times, Kirk decided as he watched Channon step out of the dress and close the distance between them. There was definitely nothing upset about losing this game. Well, other than the request to mark her as his. After everything that had happened with Kahn, it left him uncomfortable. He did not want to hurt her, or, well, anything. As it was, he felt nervous to hear that she wanted more than the flirting.

Now, normally he'd be quite happy to oblige; Channon was an amazing woman, and he'd missed her terribly in the time she'd been finding herself. Still, he'd been told by numerous people that he had to do this properly. Not the usual one-night stand, nor even a longer fling. This was uncharted territory... And none of the concerns seem to matter once she started pulling at his jacket. The promise of more had him grinning, and he realised how he could satisfy Channon's need to be marked, without leaving himself uncomfortable after. Better yet, it would be such a subtle thing that he'd not have either Bones or the overprotective Ana hunting him down.

"I think I already have marked you," he murmured, stealing a quick, chaste kiss and brushing his fingers along the chain of the locket he'd given her two weeks ago. "Every time I see you wearing the locket, I feel possessive." Actually, he just liked seeing it on her, but he had felt extremely possessive whilst planet-side, afraid of how the local views on women would affect Channon. She had recovered well from the ordeal with Kahn, but he still worried. Bones had grumbled often about how easily undone mental healing was. Nothing like physical healing, or so their doctor complained. "It can be our mark. Every time you wear it, you'll know you're mine. That I'll do everything I can to protect you."

Sulu grinned at the comment Bones made, shaking his head in mock despair. "She really does hate dresses. She grumbled about them being stifling and restrictive. I'd have to agree; I can't imagine trying to fight in that outfit." Given that they were discussing Ana, he didn't need to explain why fighting would be at the forefront of her mind. It was just Ana, and the way her mind worked. If she didn't have freedom of movement, she wasn't happy. Just as if she didn't have work to do, she quickly drove herself stir-crazy. Sulu sympathised. Ana was the type of person who needed to move.

"Nothing of particular concern," he offered, shrugging a little, then stiffening as he had a thought. He did not want to be the one to breach the topic, but as he was unsure and did not want to take any risks, he had to mention it. "Err, has Ana spoken to you, about, ah..." It was surprisingly difficult to actually ask. Had Ana taken care to ensure she would not get pregnant? Hopefully McCoy got the idea of what Sulu was talking about.

Lonely Shapeshifter

Channon returned the kiss, pushing the jacket off his shoulders. At his solution she grinned. "Mmm, aren't you clever? It's perfect." She would never take it off. In the two weeks since he'd given it to her the locket had never left her neck, and now that it had an entirely new level of meaning it never would.

Her hands set to work on his shirt, starting at the bottom and heading up. "Now that I'm all yours, let's see what you have in mind…" She finished with the shirt and pushed it off, then slid down to work on his pants. She couldn't wait to see what he could come up with.

She kept her coy grin in place as she looked up at him, not letting even a hint of her discomfort show. The corset was beginning to hurt, and she was getting more than a little short of breath, but it was all worth it if he liked it. Anything for her Jim.

"I can see your point, and hers, but still, she looked regal tonight. It may never happen again, but at least it happened once, right? I can't imagine anything shy of a wedding will get her into another dress."

Bones chuckled and shook his head. "I know you two have been discreet, but give me a little credit. She's been getting contraception injections since you two first took to bed together. I'm prepping one for you too, and I expect you back every month for another. We don't need any kids running around the ship." He finished the scan and got to work on the hypos. There were only a few, and they were mostly annual inoculations. The only new one was the contraceptive. He got everything ready and got started, checking them off his mental list one by one. He'd update the file later. "Alright, you're done. Go keep Ana out of trouble."

Anxious Survivor

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image Kinda felt like he'd dodged a phaser blast with his suggestion meeting Channon's approval. Not that she was the worry; it was the thought of what certain other members of his crew would have done if Channon hadn't accepted the idea. Ana had a nasty left hook, as he'd witnessed often enough. He still wasn't sure that a human fist ought to have damaged the corridor panelling the way hers had. Not that he had any interest in finding out, as that would require asking Scotty. As it was, their engineer still didn't know who had caused that little dent, and Kirk wasn't about to share. The Scotsman was rather protective of the Enterprise, and no matter how annoyed, upset or angry with Ana he may be over her actions during the Kahn incident, he was not going to send their Chief Engineer after her. Yet.

She'd probably do something, one day, that would make it necessary. Until then...

He had a gorgeous girlfriend to pay attention to. "Mmm, a few things come to mind," he teased with a grin. "Wonder if we'll get through all of them?"

Sulu gave a happy sigh, agreeing with the doctor's sentiment. Ana had been... glorious. Even though she was not a skilled dancer, at least when compared with Uhura and Chekov, she'd still moved well on the ballroom floor. All her fighting talent had given her a step up on the balance and grace required to pull off the local attire. And her personality-! Perhaps she was too forward for Regent I, but he appreciated her fiery temper. More, he loved that she was no longer isolating herself from the crew. Oh, the trouble with Kahn still haunted her (despite the reconciliation between Ana and Channon, there were plenty of crewmembers who refused to drop the matter), but she had reached out to them. Accepted that she was here, and that this was her home.

He knew it had been a hard fact for Ana to accept.

"I'm not sure that even a wedding would get her into a dress," He pointed out. "Maybe if it was Channon's, and she was bullied into it again." He was fairly certain that Ana had no intentions to marry. At least, she was in no hurry, for which he was grateful. There was still a three-year voyage for the Enterprise to complete. Anything could happen in that time.

"Contrary to popular belief, and Pavel's gossiping, the sharing of the bed is only a recent thing," Sulu grumbled as the doctor began with the hypos. "I wasn't sure if she'd been, well, better prepared for it than I was." Somehow, he wasn't surprised. Despite the quiet nature of their relationship, Ana had still been sensible. Hikaru could think of several women he'd known that could have taken lessons on sensibility from their 2st century security officer. "Thanks," he offered when Bones was finished with the injections.

"And really? Keep Ana out of trouble? You're asking for the impossible, Doctor!" Grinning, he ducked out into the passage, and went searching for Ana. He found her in her quarters, dozing on the bed, a discarded tray with plate, bowl and mug stacked neatly on the desk. The dress, surprisingly, was still intact, and lay on the bed beneath her. Hikaru smiled, and silently slipped across the room to grab the dishes. He'd come back later, when she wasn't sleeping off the last effects of being poisoned.

And maybe he'd ask Chekov if the bastards had gotten what they deserved for poisoning their Ana.

-------

Kirk didn't really appreciate waking up at the end of the sleep cycle. Nor did he appreciate the fact he had a bridge shift in... He glanced at the time; half an hour. That gave him time to freshen up, maybe grab a snack, and rush back to the bridge. It wouldn't do to set a bad example by being too late after the rough day they'd had with Regent I. He needed to find out if they'd actually gotten in contact since the crew had returned. He was rather hoping they hadn't, and that he could task Uhura with patching things up.

"Really shouldn't have lost my temper," he muttered into the pillow before lightly nudging Channon and dragging himself out of bed. "Don't know what time your shift is," he yawned, "but I need to be on the Bridge in half an hour, or I'll never hear the end of it from Spock."

Lonely Shapeshifter

Channon finished the task at hand and stood, pressing herself against him with a grin. "God, I hope so…"

"If I know Jim, that won't happen for a while." As much progress as his best friend had made, Kirk still wasn't the marrying type, not yet anyway. He listened to the rest with a grin on his face, taking some amusement from Sulu's defensive reply. "She was, not that you're being irresponsible yourself. And you're probably right, but try anyway."

Once he had medbay to himself again, Bones got the files updated and tried not to think about what Jim and Channon were up to. He was mostly over his guilt at his part in the corset fiasco; now he was more concerned with its destruction.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Spock had passed a few hours playing chess with Nyota, then they'd parted ways so she could get some rest. He had gone to the bridge in case Regent I made contact, but all had been quiet. Now he waited for the captain, fairly certain he knew how Kirk and Miss Tyberius has passed their time.

"Mmm, morning Jim…" Channon smiled and stretched. She couldn't remember the last time she'd woken up this pleasantly. "I'd say screw Spock, but Dad expects me in medbay about the same time. That and you're all mine. I'll see you after shift, right?" She sat up and looked at the clothes on the floor, then headed to his drawers for one of her extra uniforms. She had a wicked idea but tamped it down - well, mostly. "We both need a shower, want to share? It'll be quicker."

Bones drew up a schedule for crew physicals and waited for Channon. He couldn't wait to get his hands on that corset, no matter how effective it had been.

Scotty had filled Keenser in on everything and fixed the replicator. It was all set up to recycle the ball gowns if any of the ladies stopped by. He'd also been looking into the dent someone had left in his ship. So far he had no leads, but heaven help whoever was responsible when he found out.

Carol woke to her alarm and groaned. She was still in her dress from the ball and would probably have to skip breakfast to make her shift. She doffed the gown as quickly as she could without tearing it and took a quick shower. She barely had enough time to dress and drink a cup of coffee before dashing off to work.

Anxious Survivor

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image "Mmm, not sure that it would be quicker," he pointed out with a grin, "but sure." He didn't mind so much if they both got distracted, and arrived a little late. Spock would do that not-yelling thing he did so well, and Bones would probably grumble about teaching Channon bad habits, but that would be later. Right now, he was going to enjoy a shower and his girlfriend's presence.

Last night had been brilliant. Although courting Channon had been an interesting experience, the chance to go back to what he knew had been excellent. He was certainly feeling more like himself after the night they'd had together. "And yep, you'll definitely catch me after our shifts are over. I'll probably be here, tidying up a little." He looked at the tangle of clothes scattered over the floor. "It'll be good to walk in here without tripping on things." Even he could only handle having his rooms in a certain level of disarray. This was pushing the limit.

For Sulu, the downtime had been peaceful and quiet, and filled with amusement. Chekov, hyper from an adrenaline rush, had sought him out and shared the details of what had happened on the planet after Ana had been placed in the Doctor's care. He still felt his lips twitch into a small grin whenever he thought of Chekov laying into the conspirator. It wasn't quite the vengeance Sulu had hoped for, but it was better than nothing. Honestly, he was impressed that Chekov had been the one to strike first.

"You've been training with Ana," he had stated, and was startled by the quiet 'da' he received in reply. He had been joking about it, but clearly, Pavel wasn't. So he'd pulled the story out of the young navigator, and learnt that, although Ana was keeping to the 'no training rooms' rule imposed upon her by the Captain, she had been finding isolated sectors of the Enterprise, and teaching Chekov more intermediate fighting techniques. She had claimed he was proficient with the basics, the younger man explained.

She had been teaching others too, continuing on from the lessons she had led before Kahn had stolen her and Channon, but only to those who could keep their mouths shut. Ana didn't want the command crew knowing that she was pushing the limits of her orders. Kirk had said she was off-duty, and that she could not use the training rooms. He'd said nothing about not being permitted to train others.

Sulu had parted ways with Chekiv, and spent much of the sleep cycle turning that over in his head. Kirk HAD backed her into a corner, and he knew how desperately Ana needed to feel useful. If the training when he and her other friends were unavailable was keeping her sane, he wouldn't tell Kirk or Bones about what she was doing. Perhaps she'd now be less secretive about it; Bones had given her permission to use the training rooms again after all.

He was still thinking about it now, an hour after his shift on the Bridge had started. He glanced at Chekov, but the navigator was rather engaged in doing his job. As he should be, Sulu supposed. Really, he just wanted to get through this stint on the bridge, and catch up with Ana. He'd left her to sleep, and was regretting it. He needed to check how she was doing.

After her game with Spock, Uhura had finally relaxed enough to rest. Sleep had still been slow to come, but when it had, it had been deep and restful. Now, as she relieved the current officer at the communications station, she wondered what they would reap from their actions the night before. Having learnt that there had been no communication between the planet and their ship, she was nervous.

A lack of communication was a poor sign. It suggested that something was very, very wrong. Well, other than their Captain having trampled all over the local beliefs... Uhura tried to suppress a wince. That would certainly have done it. Now, how could she fix this mess? Starfleet would not be pleased if they reported that the minerals they were after were no longer accessible due to a cultural misunderstanding.

Even though she did not disagree with Kirk's outburst, it was her duty to try and smooth out the tempers of all involved. Ana had once confided that she felt Uhura had the hardest job of all aboard the ship. It had startled Nyota and Chekov, who had been present for the admission, that Ana felt that way. At least, until the woman explained further. Uhura had to keep a calm façade, no matter what. She had to remember all the ins and outs of every culture they dealt with, had to muddle through the new ones, and danced on a knife edge of civility every time she opened a communications channel. Casting aside personal emotions and reservations to deal with strangers was one of the most difficult tasks one could be asked to perform, as far as the young security officer was concerned.

Lonely Shapeshifter

Channon smiled. "I'll help you. And at some point I need to see Scotty about turning that dress into something useful." She picked up the corset and set it on the bed. "I'm glad you liked that, Dad hates it." She gathered the heels and stockings into a pile with the dress, then headed for the shower. She caught Jim's hand on the way by and pulled him after her.

A 'quick shower' ended up being twenty minutes of fun followed by a race to get to their duty shifts on time. They ended up being only five minutes late, which wasn't actually that bad if Channon said so herself.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Spock looked up when Nyota came in, giving her a nod. When the captain arrived he vacated the command chair, keeping his comments to himself. This was neither the time nor the place to discuss Kirk's sex life.

Bones set his schedule aside when Channon came in, not surprised to see a happy post-coital glow on her face. "I take it it worked then?"

She smiled. "So, so well. Thanks for asking."

"Glad to hear it. But it looks like you forgot something."

She bit her lip, sighing. "It's back in Jim's quarters. I was so focused on getting ready and making it here that it slipped my mind."

He frowned. "He knows you were supposed to hand it over, right?"

"Yes, Dad, he does. Like I said, it slipped my mind in the rush to get here."

"I guess I'll have to get it later then."

"Dad…" When all she got was a shake of the head she sighed and got to work, already regretting her screw up.

Scotty set to work monitoring the engines, checking in every so often to see if Keenser had had any luck finding the anomaly. Each shake of the head he received made him more hopeful it would never happen again.

Carol barely made it in time, and she was sure she looked a little less ready than usual, but given the night she'd had she could probably be forgiven that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff