• Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
It's been losing it since ~2007 IMO.

Noble Inquisitor

I agree with this actually.......... it's kinda sad

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Matter of opinion, I suppose. I still enjoy coming on this site when I can, RPing and talking with friends and generally bitching about the lack of diversity on the site.

I mean, it's tragic that such people had to be let go. They were important people to the site and whatever teh business decision decided that this was the best route for the company/site to go is totally out of the users hands (though, I suppose if more people bought gCash that might have another story).

Simply put, I don't understand this kind of angsting. What's done is done, sad as it may be. Support the site more if you can, either by allowing more ads/buying more gCash, ect if you feel that terrible about it.

Demonic Lover

I'm still incredibly sore about PRlSM being let go u3u and real life swallowing crossbon
But I don't know, I don't think Gaia has lost it's soul, the people that run it certainly look like they don't know what they are doing though XD like, they don't know where to go now, wich is kinda sad, but oh well, the "we'll focus more on the site" part of the last batch of updates gave me some hope.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
OMG SLICK WHY ARE YOU A GIRL

*head explodes*

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Next up on the Gaia plot: Nyx steals Gaia's soul.

Sweetest Genius

21,100 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Nerd 50
very well put, and I agree (original poster). I know for sure I was upset when 0_8 was let go, he did so much for zOMG which is so special and now on the backburner :<

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Rat Racer
very well put, and I agree (original poster). I know for sure I was upset when 0_8 was let go, he did so much for zOMG which is so special and now on the backburner :<

o_8 left to work on Skullgirls, he wasn't let go.

Sexy Apparition

31,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Lazarus Larkin
Rat Racer

o_8 left to work on Skullgirls, he wasn't let go.

Really? I heard he was let go. Where did you hear this? I don't remember where I heard this, I think in a zOMG forum thread.

Destructive Bunny

Long time ago? rofl I think the soul was sold for profits when rigs became monthly, but hey, the souless version isn't all bad, at least we don't get server errors as often.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I dunno, back when he first left I kept hearing "yeah he went to work on some game"

I mean, he definitely DID go work on Skullgirls, and that was IMMEDIATELY after he left Gaia. I don't have any actual documentation but at the time I thought he left voluntarily.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Starshine
Long time ago? rofl I think the soul was sold for profits when rigs became monthly, but hey, the souless version isn't all bad, at least we don't get server errors as often.

Sure, but we had a glorious shining moment, from like 2005 to early 2008, where we seemed to have both soul and stability.

THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

Stellar Succubus

It hasn't lost it's soul, it's just modified it to fit in with the current
climate of the internet. If they didn't, they'd probably fold.

There are still lil pockets of happy to be found. Just gotta dig through
dirt to find diamonds.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas