Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Conversationalist

I'm fully prepared to have my favorite book in the whole installment murdered and ripped to pieces.

I've gotten used to Talisa's stupid face,
I'm fine with Tyrion keeping his nose, whatever-

But this Ramsay s**t had better be spot-on.
I'll be looking for his 3 bitches.
>.>
<.<
And Jeyne Poole.

And Tormund Giantsbane, my baaaaaaaby~ <3
I hear he's in there somewhere, thank the gods.

Tipsy Conversationalist

Awwww!
Olenna Tyrell offered Sansa lemoncakes.
Those are her faaaavorite. :'D

Am I the only one rooting for Sansa? ._.

No Lem Lemoncloak, though....
That's disappointing.

That moment between Jojen and Summer was- ohmagahhhhh. <3
Where's Meera's trident, though?
Maybe I missed it.

Invisible Phantom

- Miracle Herb -
I'm fully prepared to have my favorite book in the whole installment murdered and ripped to pieces.

I've gotten used to Talisa's stupid face,
I'm fine with Tyrion keeping his nose, whatever-

But this Ramsay s**t had better be spot-on.
I'll be looking for his 3 bitches.
>.>
<.<
And Jeyne Poole.

And Tormund Giantsbane, my baaaaaaaby~ <3
I hear he's in there somewhere, thank the gods.

Well it's not exactly the same as the books, I read it a long time ago. But it is not as terribly off plot as season 2. Once gendry leaves the brotherhood without banners you might as well just refer to him as Edric though...

Invisible Phantom

- Miracle Herb -
Awwww!
Olenna Tyrell offered Sansa lemoncakes.
Those are her faaaavorite. :'D

Am I the only one rooting for Sansa? ._.

No Lem Lemoncloak, though....
That's disappointing.

That moment between Jojen and Summer was- ohmagahhhhh. <3
Where's Meera's trident, though?
Maybe I missed it.

NO LEM LEMONCLOAK
Those are exactly the words my friend and I said when the Brotherhood showed up.
Also there is no Sir Dontos, daario naharis looks crap and they make the BWB look like weird cultists, also Oreille takes over the role of varamyr six skins
BUT THE RAMSAY PARTS ARE HILARIOUS

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
- Miracle Herb -

You're in luck then, since every week it seems to diverge a little more from the novel...
A friend of mine, who has read most of the books, told me that the later books is basically nothing but sex. So yeah, I can understand that they would want to deviate away from the books. Show would be pretty boring if it was nothing but sex scenes.

This is hearsay though, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Which I'm sure is bound to happen.

Enduring Regular

Maj_LeeWasted
A friend of mine, who has read most of the books, told me that the later books is basically nothing but sex. So yeah, I can understand that they would want to deviate away from the books. Show would be pretty boring if it was nothing but sex scenes.

This is hearsay though, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Which I'm sure is bound to happen.
There is a lot more to every book in the series besides sex. Becomes more prevalent, yes, but by no means is it everything.

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
YEAH.
About those changes.....

Some part of me is disappointed, and some part of me can accepted the changes they've made.-shrugs- Or at least I can kind of sort of understand why they changed some things in the show rather than going word-by-word from the books.

I think the biggest part of it is that there are already so many characters, so they are trying to cut down a little bit. -shrugs-

And think about it this way - they're trying to appeal to an audience that consists of people who haven't read the books as well as trying to please fans who have already read the books.

I'll say this - at least HBO hasn't ******** up so bad to the point where I don't even want to watch the show anymore. Not the way Disney/ABC royally ******** up Legend of the Seeker. >_> They so completely destroyed that show and made a complete mockery of the novels.

Timid Gawker

i am actually really glad they changed daario on the show

he sounds like a goddamn clown in the books lmao

Gracious Conversationalist

14,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I hate what they did in regards to Jeyne Westerling... What was wrong with her?

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Congrats. There are a few small changes in the show.
Show Tormund doesnt talk about his d**k enough. or dicks in general. I do think he was cast very well though.

Divine Lunatic

misshollow
I hate what they did in regards to Jeyne Westerling... What was wrong with her?

There was nothing wrong with her in the books, but changes had to be made for her character to have more 'screen time' on top of a new name since there are a few other characters with 'Jeyne' for that name. It'd get confusing after a while. I read somewhere that the changes were getting to be too much that G.R.R. Martin decided that they'd make a new character altogether to be more compatible for the televised version. He has a lot more of a hand in the show than some viewers may realize.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff