Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
This feeling comes after reading this piece of news

Maybe it's just me, but Gaia never seems to hold on to a new project for more than a couple months. How long did Bidblast last? What about Monster Galaxy, HoC or Gaia Labs? Remember Summer Springs?

Gaia has master the art of getting everyone hyped up about a new feature or game, only to pull it some time later. And if the new feature/game doesn't get pulled then it gets abandon for God knows how long.

Am I imagining this? What do you think GCD?

Angelic Nitemare

Honestly, it sounds more like an issue with the provider of the cards. If I had to place a guess.

Scurvy Pirate

The reason it's going away is because everyone /isn't/ hyped up over it. Use of the feature is extremely low so its more effective for us to remove it rather than let it sit and continue to maintain it.
Did people even use that feature? sweatdrop
You are right though, Gaia do tend to let go of projects after building them up so much. Perhaps they should test stuff out for longer before they release it publicly to see how it will be reacted to.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Uncle Kenny
The reason it's going away is because everyone /isn't/ hyped up over it. Use of the feature is extremely low so its more effective for us to remove it rather than let it sit and continue to maintain it.

That was what I guessed was the reason why it was being removed.

Original Survivor

Guess I'll grab one before it goes away, I was just waiting for more designs.

Mega Bit

I don't think the cards in particular can be compared to stuff like Moga, HoC and zomg.

No point in keeping stuff no one uses. It seems similar to the shut down of V.J., no one ever really used that either. Though there is always a couple of ardent protestors.

Yeah a lot of stuffs disappear but hey that's life. $$ talks

Angelic Nitemare

Uncle Kenny
Well...there's that then.-lol- Makes sense to me.

I gotta be honest, I got two of the cards of two of my main avvies, and got them mostly because "HEY! My avvie is on this!"

Shameless Fairy

12,375 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Firefly, Veronica Mars, Dollhouse, Better Off Ted, Pushing Daisies, Invader Zim, Flight of the Conchords.

Welcome to the real world, where if things don't get funding or the necessary attention to maintain, they go away. Not about commitment issues, it's about what any business is about.

Money.

Green Gaian

I would have used mine, but sadly there was nowhere around to use it at.

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
User Image

...I'm not surprised. sweatdrop

I only got one when they were free because it's something I could have my avi on. Kind of a bummer though since the cards were really cute/fun and the GC cards are getting more difficult to find in stores. I wouldn't be surprised if more users are buying directly online or through the online services (Paypal and that virtual piggy bank one). It seems more people are getting comfortable playing online and/or through apps (ex. My mom freaking loves that Starbucks app on her iPhone) than cards/checks/cash.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

summer springs died not by Gaia's fault, but from the owner of the game
HoC is still active...

obv. you don't understand how a business run
if you have a feature that you must spend money to keep it, and is not giving you anything, you must take it off and think in something else

all business are the same... if a project don't give you results, you must change it...

Alien Visionary

19,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I liked mine and I still have it in my wallet. I never used it because it wasn't convenient for me to get to 7-11 to use it. If they had made more places it could be loaded I'm sure more people would have used it.

Slumbering Tengu

I got one when the were free
I wish I got another one with this OC on it
I only want them for collectors purposes
not to actually use cash on because I'm on autocash
I'd like to think a lot of people went this direction
I mean when's the last time you heard something exclusive to cash cards
even they're not being used as often as we get other card options (like ultimate game card)

I honestly can't even find the page where you can get the custom ones anymore

It's just another payment option that's being done away with
It doesn't seem like a big deal to me :/

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
I'm pretty indifferent since I know if something isn't working out for a business, they're going to get rid of it. If no one is buying, you stop selling. I can't really help that, so I just say "meh" and move on. The card would have been nice to have though now that I think about it, just as a keepsake.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff