Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
"Hanu...this is...like a dream...."

*Not knowing quite what to do, Arcadia makes her polite gesture and bow, and excuses herself from the group. She knows that she has just witnessed something amazing, but that it must mean so much more to the rest of the people present. Not wanting to interfere or intrude, she departs almost silently, save for the clacking of her high heeled boots*

Dapper Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nobelle could only look on, with as stunned of a face as he could bear to show to the common folk. As the sound of Jien's guitar playing washed over him and the rest of the onlookers, his thumb slowly pulled back on his gun's hammer, sliding it back down to it's neutral position, letting the fancy weapon hang harmlessly by his side.

"Lord Nobelle?" Maximilian seemed confused at this act, but even his professional indifference couldn't completely hid his own surprise at what had just happened. Nobelle tore his eyes away from the display, if only to look back down at his timepiece "Zuch an ability... I have not witnessed ze like before" his eyes rested back on the group, his astonishment replaced with a cold analysing stare "Intriguing, zis meagre construct" he considered.

He scoffed at Dendrobis' taunt "Zuch bravado, you should count your lucky stars zat you are still functioning. It 'appens zat something else has taken ze presidence of my attention" Nobelle turned round, refusing to even look at the group any more "And monzter, am I? Hah, little girl, you know nothzing of true monsters" he somewhat unexpectedly acknowledged Sara and her earlier remark, if only seemingly for the sake of trying to shoot her comment down.

He took a last glance at his watch "Negative 1.3, sloppy..." he mumbled, before speaking up once more "Iz good for you zat I am a patient man, I assure you though Miss 'Elba, I vill see you again, after all-" he snapped his watch closed "-I have all ze time in ze world" he finished, and with that he was gone in a whisked up swirl of fallen leaves.

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
"I don't like that man." Sara said turning to the group after spending her anger glaring at him. Finally now able to calm down she enthusiastically went over to hug Jien and Dendrobis. She just silently hugged them.

Interesting Gaian

7,975 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
*Jien is fairly surprised to suddenly be hugged by everybody, but this, of course does not show on his face. After a few moments, he breaks from the group-glomp, and slides the guitar back onto his shoulder. He pauses for a moment...and then begins his usual signing. Once again, he is broadcasting his signal, and the "voice" everyone hears is their own voice*

[[Thank you. I am sorry if I worried you all. I was just so frustrated that everyone else had to keep fighting my battles, and I could not even protect myself. I knew that if Dendrobis was destroyed, there would be nothing I could do to prevent it, and I would be unable to stop that man from doing the same to me. Then I felt it. The very thing that the Professor used which accidentally gave me life. Do you remember Professor? You cast a spell to bring an inanimate object to life. The object it possessed first was far too flimsy for such a powerful spell. So the spell rejected the form you put it in...and it was drawn into me. I do not think I would be able to operate as I do without that spell. But that spell has since become my power source. And it has continued to grow, especially when I experience intense emotions. I had no way of purging this power, so it continued to build up. That..."voice" you heard...I apologize if it raised your hopes but...it was the sound of that power itself echoing through my structure...though the word was what I was trying to say.

Building up that much power is far too dangerous. But now that I know I can channel it through this instrument...I just need to play it a few times a day. I may still be able to generate a small enough field to protect myself from Black Kat and their attempts to abduct me. I do not know if I can do more than that. I do not wish to fight...but I do not wish to be so vulnerable that my friends are put at risk. Thank you everyone. I do not understand exactly why, but I feel like I should say...thank you.]]

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
"Mr. Clover. We are in a sense your family. We are here to support you." She said simply even though she did absolutely nothing in the battle. Smiling at him she giggled and said in an off hand way. "We should form a band."

Hilarious Genius

"Well I suppose I'll have to be ready. No matter what Time that is." *Berkana stares at the spot where Nobelle was before he left, reflecting on his cryptic comment. She turns to Sara.* "Yeah...me neither. I'm not a fan of Croissant-Shakes either."

*Berkana hugs Jien again after his speech.* "Oh Jien, I'm so glad you're alive. Even if it was an accident, I feel like just being near you makes the world better than before. I'm sorry that you had to go through that, but I'm glad you have a way to channel it."

*she turns to Dendrobis.* "And you as well Dendrobis. Thank you for defending us. It's nice to know that you care enough to put your life on the line...but we certainly would prefer if you didn't sacrifice yourself...." sweatdrop

Neat Friend

3,700 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Befriended 100
*Dendrobis gives a long, very metallic sounding yawn*

Yeah...you're right Professor.

*She shifts back into frog-mode, and her systems begin repairing the minimal damage that remains*

Next time...I need to make that sticky mine detachable...

*She hops away pondering upgrades for her weapons*

Interesting Gaian

7,975 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
*Jien signs at Sara*

[[Yes! Maybe we can now. I will still have to practice but...I can now send power through the guitar. It feels great.]]

*He nods at Dendrobis as she leaves, then signs at Berkana*

[[Thank you Professor. Your words...they do mean quite a lot. I am sorry, I think I need to...recharge...actually. That was a lot of power that I used up.]]

*He floats off to the apartments to relax*

Hilarious Genius

*Berkana holds her hands out in front of her. She takes the glove off her left hand and examines it.* "And to think. I didn't want to go to that Halloween party. How different would the world have been if I had just stayed home?" *Berkana smiles lightly and walks out of the cafe for the night.*

Golden Gatekeeper

Kyrie St.Drache came out of her apartment, trotted down the steps and quietly made way towards the fields. Yes…she had missed many of the events that occurred the previous night, but that wasn’t anything all that new for her. However, her worry for her newly made friends had put several thoughts and plans in her head…which caused her to retreat to her apartment so she could better prepare herself for the following day and the tests she had in mind.

Her umbrella returned to her when it was no longer in use, and when she came to the area of the field she felt would affect the least amount of the surrounding landscape and buildings, the dragoness prepped a mechanical dummy she had been tinkering with. Putting it into position, she snapped her fingers…her outfit turning from blacks and reds to creams and golds, complete with some protective armor. Unfolding her parasol, she pulled a remote control from her pouch and pressed a button on it. Tucking it back in, she retrieved several keys from the same pouch and held umbrella out before her.

The mechanical dummy came to life and started to march towards her, raising its arms to shoot laser beams at her. Kyrie pressed a key into her umbrella and caused an invisible shield to expand out from the tip of her umbrella. The shield shimmered as it absorbed the beams, and with a subtle yank she pulled the handle from the shield and switched out the keys to turn it into a sword. The parasol fabric took a hit when the shield portion was disabled…which she took note of when the blast pushed her back a bit; need to put a key slot for the shield.

Pressing pause to make some adjustments to her equipment, she made pressed the shield barrier key into the fabric to strengthen it before allowing the dummy to continue. With the force field back in place, the dummy jolted forward, producing a blade of sorts from its arm and started swinging as it pressed forward. The dragoness could feel her heart thumping, as she was not the skilled fighter, and tended to run from such confrontations. But she believed that she was capable of overcoming her fears and apprehensions, and thus blocked the attack with her shield before lunging forward to pierce the dummy in the waist. It beeped to signify the blow before twisting around to swipe at her again. With a duck and a dodge, she rolled out of the way, and kept rolling to avoid it from cleaving her legs off.

The dragoness tripped up in attempting to regain her footing, and yelped when she felt a laser blast hit her ankle. Quickly she paused the program and took a look at her leg. Well…Kyrie had felt the blast, her armor had protected her well enough to only cause a bruise. She thought for a moment on how to put more power into the key she used to activate the armor. With a heavy sigh, she leaned back in the grass and gazed up towards the sky…shading her eyes from the piercing sunlight. It felt so warm…and the thought of a nap felt so tempting…

Bashful Shapeshifter

3,250 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eva walked along the sidewalk from the private high school she attended. With a sigh she looked at her book bag. "I really don't want to go home just yet." she said aloud to herself tail slowly wagging behind her. Suddenly her ears perked up as she smelled the scent of many different flowers. "Maybe there is a park or garden around here I can relax in!" she said happily as she took off to find the scent. After taking a completely out of the way walk from her usual route home she saw the gates to a Music Park. Her eyes lit up. "Yes! A park!" she said, tail wagging in happiness. Without further ado she entered.

Hilarious Genius

*Berkana walks into the field and takes a seat. She commences cloud watching protocol 5....trying to find cute shapes in the sky.*

Golden Gatekeeper

Having decided to take a walk…Kyrie was looking at the new stockings she was wearing. Pure white…didn’t show off the intricate texture of her scales…but they seemed too bright in comparison to what she normally wore. She didn’t know how she liked them. But off in the distance was Berkana…cloud gazing…and that alone made the half-dragoness forget about what bothered her about her attire and simply smile and be thankful for the friends she had.

She would walk up and place her umbrella behind her friend to protect her from the rays of the sun. “Good afternoon, Miss Helba. How are you?”

Hilarious Genius

*Berkana turns her head and is delighted to see Kyrie. She doesn't get up, but she beckons Kyrie to sit join her.* "I'm fairly well, St. Drache. I figured I'd start by being outside today in case Black Kat tries to attack me again....that way Jien won't have any serious property damage for a change." *she laughs, with some slight regret in her voice.* "You know....I never expected any of this. They're persistent, I'll give them that....but Dendrobis was almost destroyed because of them. Jien saved her with that unique power of his...but I can't allow that to happen again." *she sighs* "Anyway, I'm a scientist. Solving problems is what I do. I have a few ideas." *she shrugs, confident and deciding not to bring herself or Kyrie down.*

*she points to a cloud* "Hey that one kind of looks like a teddy bear!" blaugh

"So how have you been lately? What's new in your life?" ^_^

Golden Gatekeeper

Taking a seat next to Berkana, Kyrie smiled comfortingly towards her, gripping her arm in a consoling manner. “If you need help with any of those ideas, you know I’ll be here.” She said, sensing with the quick change of subject meant that she didn’t want to dwell on it long.

Looking up to the sky, in the direction her finger was pointed, the dragoness’ lips grinned and nodded. “Yes…it does.” She chuckled, pointing to a different one. “That looks like a naval ship.” She then inhaled slowly at the other inquiries. “I have been pretty good…productive, I think. I know I’m not much of a fighter in comparison to everyone else, but I believe I have managed to come up with a way to defend myself…and help the others…if the opportunity arises. I mean…especially in preparations for helping Outh…we…still are going to help him…right?” She asked…or was that another chapter she had missed out?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff