Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Sex Symbol

4,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
I have a comic i've been putting together for years,
I've always drawn in pencil, then ink, then digital in a sort of web comic style.
However eventually if I went through the hoops to get it published, I would likely start using conventional software.

I draw, in a basic sense, manga. What software do you use, or know of?
Whether professional, free, etc.
I'm aware you can always just download typical brushes and what not for photoshop, but I'm really looking into something more here.

I do use photoshop+Paint tool sai for coloring covers and such however.

At any rate, tell me a little bit about the programs you've used, or use?

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Photoshop is kind of the conventional software, I would think.

Well, I don't think what program you use matters too much as long as it doesn't suck. And for publishing, you just need to make sure it's properly proportioned to the book that will be printed.

Well, Manga Studio is pretty geared towards printing out comics, but I think the program can be irritatingly clunky at times. I basically don't use it much aside from outlining stuff sometimes because I like how they stabilize a line which is useful for larger images and if I ever feel like using screentone because I never bothered to rebuild all the screentone things I used to have on Photoshop before I switched computers.

Dapper Spotter

I use manga studio for panels, speech bubbles and the overall layout of the page.

Everything else is done in Paint tool sai.

Timid Raider

I use a combination of Manga Studio and Photoshop.
Generally, I first us PS for sketching and import that into MS, and then it goes back to photoshop.
I really like how it is to organize pages in MS, with measurements consistently on MS and it is good for paneling and layout imo

Photoshop still for me has awesome tools, effects, and brushes that I can't seem to get the same end result from MS, and it is also quicker for me to use to detail and such (ctrl+ for zoom and the navigation is like invaluable lol). So, MS for layout, Photoshop for effects/special toning and detailing.

I'm still discovering a good way to use both, but so far this has been workable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff