Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Cat

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Anyone else watching/reading it? Just started the anime (which came out a couple of weeks ago). Read the first three volumes as well and will probably read more eventually. I'm a Yuu Watase fan, and it's good to see her branch out from her usual girly romance.

From what I've seen of it (two episodes so far), the anime adaptation is looking pretty good.

I doubt there are many fans of the series... It's so underrated, yet better than some of the other things running in Shonen Sunday right now.

Bashful Fox

20,425 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Astral Veteran 100
I've been reading the manga and as soon as the anime started I began watching. I still have to watch today's episode oAo. The anime is good, could be better (I'm guessing its going to be short which is why the pacing feels so fast. The pacing is the only thing I'm iffy about.)

I really love the manga. I love Yuu Watase's works and I really adore the turn she took when making Arata. I really like that its more shonen. (The highlights in the eyes are different from anything she's done before, I think. Because their rectangular instead of circular) Its probably my favorite manga from her now. 3nodding

Beloved Conversationalist

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Is this Arata Kangatari?
I LOVE IT TO NO EFFING END.
I think it has a lot of clichés in it and they seem to overuse the whole trust thing, but I still can't hate it.
For some reason I can just really feel it all, I can totally relate to the main character, everything seems reasonable.
Also, the magic of its sound effects and soundtracks seriously sends chills to my souls. Dat sound his sword makes when it's awaken *hngh*
Also, feel free to correct me, but I feel like this is similar to Bleach, and that's a good thing.

Chatty Cat

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Colonel Gabrielle
Is this Arata Kangatari?
I LOVE IT TO NO EFFING END.
I think it has a lot of clichés in it and they seem to overuse the whole trust thing, but I still can't hate it.
For some reason I can just really feel it all, I can totally relate to the main character, everything seems reasonable.
Also, the magic of its sound effects and soundtracks seriously sends chills to my souls. Dat sound his sword makes when it's awaken *hngh*
Also, feel free to correct me, but I feel like this is similar to Bleach, and that's a good thing.

I'm just used to the English title as I've been buying the translated manga. And I noticed the similarity to Bleach too - Bleach is my favourite series, still catching up on it, but I love action series no matter how similar to one another they are.
So far i like
the anime and tend to
put into my block of
anime every week, the manga
i would be iffy on but i might
check it out later.
I don't really like it...
I mean it's ok, but how they "see" the Arata characters just feels awkward. I thought it was like quantum leap at first, which is still awkward, but then in following episode they noticed the duffle bag, the lack of shirt on fantasy Arata (to name some things). I don't know why, but it just bothered me how every seems to react: "Oh he has some outlandish clothes, different mannerisms, short hair, and a weird bag? Pffff, looks just like he always have."
I don't know why I let this part bother me so bad.

Manly Man-Lover

Watching because I'm not buying manga from Amazon until I finish Sailor Moon. It's alright but I've fallen out of like for the author after Zekkare.

Ice-Cold Evader

12,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Doggone It! 100
I have! biggrin I own 6 of the manga volumes c:

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
I really want to like this anime, but at times it's so cliched or just so boring it makes me cringe. I'm hope it gets better, but right now I dunno. I've heard the manga is much better, so I'll definitely check it out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff