Welcome to Gaia! ::

POSTED.
It's a bit short, but I tried to set it up for interaction between the two.
So my next post should definitely be longer~ c:

By the way, your new post format is gorgeous. <3

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Wah, I always forget about that once when I go on a binge marathon of the classics!
My go-to is Beauty and the Beast. =3

Indeed, hello. Tyler lives to make him uncomfortable. New fact.
OFF TO READ THE POST!

edit:
Thank you! That format will probably be Jack's permanent one. =3

And I love your post. I'll probably crank something out tomorrow. Sorry that you'll have to wait, I'm just so sleep deprived at this point .-.

Also: Feel free to put people up in the ship if you ever want to. I don't want it to seem like this weird exclusive place. ;P

ALSO: no idea if Jack's hair is natural or dyed.
I'm actually really excited to see Tyler and Jack's relationship.
They seem like they'll be really fun characters for Cordelia to be around.
I'm also contemplating giving her a friend other than a whale. xD
Y'know, maybe someone from her kingdom? After making that post just now, I thought maybe a mermaid/merman who she has known since childhood has been given the task/or taken it upon themselves to kind of watch over her. So if we decide not to have her go on the fleet with him or anything just yet, or something, her friend could come find her to see if she survived the storm and see the human and freak out. xD

edit;; I just might put someone on the ship haha~
Don't have any character in mind now. But once the interaction gets up and going I might think of something. And no worries, I've got plenty of homework to keep me busy. Get some sleep. c: Not sure if I'll be on tomorrow though. Just depends how sleep-deprived I am after tonight.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Tyler will probably love Cordelia. Any time Jack is near a woman he lives to give him a hard time. wink
That could be totally fine! I mean, I don't really anticipate this staying totally dependent on their interactions with each other. It's a big and complicated world out there after all... with its problems. ;P

Working on a post now!

edit:: POSTED!
Haha yeah.
I figure she probably talks to more than just a humpback whale.
And for the sake of fleshing out the world, she needs to be more social. xD

YAY POST~!
/runs off to read

And as soon as my psychology homework is done I will work on a post. c:
Psychology homework is done, working on a post.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I hope she does.
Not sure how exciting those conversations would be. ;]

Okay, I'm going to be reading all of the pages for French so we'll see if I can write another one tonight. I look forward to reading yours though.

Also... I kind of forget which world was in need of saving. Whoops.
POSTED.

Haha no kidding. xD
So I gave her that childhood friend~
Which brings me to my next point, should we implement actual extra characters yet? I'm almost scared the world we tried to create is too big for a one x one.
But I had Cordelia return home, and maybe in the meantime Jack can explore the island and be royally confused as to how the hell whoever just talked to him went underwater and never came back. xD
And then she can pop up later and be all "hey, it's me. the chick with an infinite lung capacity." hahaha.

Oh my, good luck!
World in need of saving? Hmm. Apparently I did too then.
If that was directed at my 'fleshing out the world' comment, I simply meant kind of introducing this underwater kingdom she lives in - which should probably have had a name like 5 posts ago - and whatnot. That way we can eventually establish what is going on underwater, in the air, and on land.

Hmm. Do you think there should be a way for humans to get down there?
Maybe with like the help of the merfolk they could stay underwater somehow?
Or we could just make it so Cordelia has to go on Jack's fleet eventually haha. Cause I'm assuming that there are at least some magical aspects. So that Cordelia can have a human appearance on land - aside from her reflection in water - and then be a mermaid once more when submerged in water. So I don't see why it maybe couldn't work both ways. Unless you wanna make a submarine. xD

Actually... that's kind of genius. Cause maybe the humans can find out about her kind and the kingdom, and maybe already have submarine like fleets in development and deploy them. It could cause a lot of conflict. o:

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
WEOOO!
I shall respond - eventually.

I mean - hmm.
I completely agree that this world is a big one and because of that I almost invite the idea of having other characters lurking about. Do I know if they are going to get their own post format and be the central focus of a post yet? Absolutely not. Maybe if I like them enough or maybe if they become essential enough to the plot.. we shall see.
He'd freak the flip out if she did that! He'd be like - what. I just - I am eating a coconut and you are just - WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO.

I don't know.
General intrigue is nice... unless we are just recreating The Little Mermaid for the LOLs. ;P

WELL!
I actually have thought of this a bit, but not much.
I know that there are divers for the sake of getting food and such from the water, but there are no subs.
No one has any idea what is down there in the deeper waters (supposedly. for all I know the central Eutopian government or the weird Vergesburg government knows and is planning an attack. (I love Vergesburg. It is the coolest. You probably know nothing about it... my bad. We'll get there eventually.)) and I'm sure they are perfectly fine keeping it that way.
Sharks are scary after all.
As for magic potentially existing to allow humans to hang around - I don't see why not.
Maybe there's some "gilliweed"-esque plant down there. (That would be hilarious.)
Maybe there's an octopus that's a sea witch. (He does have that necklace after all... ;P)

Haha, take your time~
Alrighty, Secondary characters for now it is then~
And poor Jack. xD

I have no idea why it is so hard for me not to re-create the little mermaid right now. xD
And oh~ Glad to see that you've already thought about this! (You'll have to tell me about Vergesburg sometime) And oh my gosh yes. Freaking sharks, man. Just know that they'll probably be making frequent appearances trying to eat everyone because well, why the hell not? And I think it might be more fun to have a "gilliweed"-esque plant. That just might be less traumatizing to Jack then the weird octopus sea witch. I don't think Cordelia would like to meet her either. xD

But I dunno. We'll slowly figure it out I guess.
Should we just have Cordelia go with Jack then first - and by first I mean near future, doesn't have to be like the next post haha - and explore those fancy steampunk cities? And then later we can figure out reasons to have the humans want to know more about the water. Enough to want to delve that deep anyways.

And I am soooo out of it. Running on so little sleep right now. xD

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Yeah, I get the feeling he's a good guy... but he's unfortunately subjected to a lot of accidents...

And it's fine! We'll come up with it when it strikes us. ;P

Yeah, she should somehow manage to get herself up there.
That is going to be tricky.
Although, Jack can be quite sneaky about it.
After their brief encounter and his return to the ship, he may try to find her or someone like here again. at least.

... actually. if he met a guard or something, that would be hilarious.
BUT WE SHALL SEE!

edit:: POSTED!
Sorry that my post is short, my intent is to post a status update of the search party after rehearsal. =P Tyler is going to be a bit pissy.
Yeah, getting them to meet again is going to take some willpower on both their parts. Since I doubt Jack plans on being thrown into the ocean again anytime soon. xD So they'll both have to actually want to see each other again. I can see her looking up at fleets that are passing by, searching for him. And probably wondering if there is more to the human race than her kind believes.

Yay post~ And it's fine. c:
Does that mean I should refrain from responding?
Or that you're next post will just be longer?

And poor Jack thinks he has gone crazy. xD
I'll probably have her appear before him one more time before he gets rescued.
For his sanity's sake.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I kind of like the idea of their being a weird trade post on stilts in some shallow area. He could easily sneak off on a jet-ski like thing when the ship docks there to gather supplies? WE SHALL SEE.

Respond whenever you want!
I'm just trying to tell both sides of the story because... Jack alone on an island... is boring... and leads to insanity. HAVE YOU SEEN CAST AWAY!?

That would be lovely. razz
Oooh~ That'd be fun.
And that's definitely something Coredlia could end up finding and sneak off to as well.
But I don't think I'll have her venture that far out yet haha.

Haha alright.
My little sister keeps nagging me to drive her up to 7/11 so she can get a Slurpee.
So once I get back (roughly 15min) I'll probably start on my post.
If I end posting before you edit, you can just edit the update into your post anyways and I can look back at it. Or just put it into your next post. Cordelia should be visiting him this post, hopefully. Not sure what I'm going to do just yet. Should I have her reveal her ability to walk on land? Since it's not going to be much of a secret that she's a mermaid once she reappears and reveals her ability to breath underwater. xD
Although I suppose she doesn't have to reveal that she can walk on land just yet. And the island could be like their secret meeting place? Maybe eventually one of his crewmates could find out about Jack slipping away to come to the island and follow?

edit;; got an ice cream sandwich from 7/11. <3

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I've posted, but it's probably all irrelevant to you. razz
I just needed to get Tyler out and about. =]

Do what ever you want with the land thing. She could already appear on land and just be like, "I got tired of waiting for you so I just kept swimming along the shore." ;P
It's up to you! =]
I love the attitude you gave Tyler! xD
Definitely looking forward to having some interactions with him in the future.

Almost done with my post.
Wrapping up loose ends in her kingdom before she heads back to Jack.
So my post should be up within 20min. c:

edit;; POSTED.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas