Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Bahahaha, so Jack happens to live in "New York", eh? razz I kind of love that. Maybe there's a "Paris" somewhere out there, or maybe Europe supposedly completely went under... (LITTLE DO THEY KNOW THERE'S A CITY IN THE ALPS! I have no idea.)

Ahaha, awesome. Old people kill me!
I think we could definitely get going.
I'll probably want to make a post format though... and given that I have a bit of work left to do, I won't be making it tonight. You are welcome to it!
Alrighty. I keep falling in and out of sleep. x w x
I had my show choir today (and every tuesday) for 3 hours, and sometimes it just takes everything outta me.
So I'm going to, at the very least, set up the thread. And then I'll edit this post with the link. I have a rough post layout for my character but I'm not sure how much I like it just yet. Still, I could post if I wanted to. If not today, then definitely tomorrow. And if that's the case and you want to post before me, go for it! c:

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Sounds good!

And yeah, rehearsals can be a lot. .-.
I'm heavily involved with a theatre group on campus and a member of the chamber singers ensemble. It can get hectic around performance/tour times.
Yes! It's a crazy time of the year for us as well.
So many end of the year performances keep popping up. But it's a lot of fun. c:

Was too lazy to edit my last post, so here is the link.
Do you want anything else up? Like a post for characters or plot?
If not, we can just leave all of that in the ooc and save the first post on that thread (not counting the intro post I just made) for the opening~

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
My main problem is balancing festivities and exams right now.
It's kind of the worst.

Umm, I don't need anything else!
I think we'll do a good job of keeping it all in place here. =]
Yes! Oh my gosh.
God forbid I attempt to see my boyfriend or have some sort of social life as well.
I wish you the best of luck on your exams though!

And I know for sure that my mermaid's name will be Cordelia~
Any ideas for a good last name that fits? I just can't pick one I like. xD
I was thinking maybe Vasquez... but I'm not sure.

Sounds good then. I'll just finish up my post layout and maybe start my first post then.
Wondering how I want to set this up. Almost wondering if it might be better for your character to post first, since he has to fall of the fleet and into the water. But I suppose that doesn't have to happen right this second, haha. I think I'll try and 'paint' her surroundings a bit and then end on the dreadful weather.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Yeah, the boyfriend thing was kind of a struggle last semester regarding my schedule...
I don't think I realized how busy I actually was until I had to consistently try to see someone.
Needless to say, it ended... but it was probably for the best. .-.
He graduated early after all.

Hmm! It depends on what etymology you are going for! It'd be funny if they were all named after different water elements in different languages.

And that sounds like a solid plan of attack!
The storm will probably be full swing when I start my post with "all hands on deck" so to speak.
It'll be chaotic and probably driven by dialogue, but fun. tons of tun. ;P
Aww, that's unfortunate. :/

Naming is such a struggle!
I want it to be unique, since she is a mermaid after all. But not so far out or crazy that you can barely pronounce the name. And I figure their names should still have some ties to human names. But I'll look into the different water elements in different languages. c:

Also, the front page of our ooc is now updated with the pictures!
While updating, I started thinking about the Ruins and City pictures for 'under the sea'. Perhaps the ruins can be an old part of the underwater kingdom that the merflok are forbidden from going to because it's dangerous? Perhaps there are dangerous creatures lurking about in the ruins, or maybe there was an awful war and the ruler of the undersea kingdom wants to leave it in the past? Not sure, but I thought it'd be interesting.

Haha, sounds great!

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Yeah, it was weird.
I won't be the weird girl that gets all gushy about it within seconds of starting a convo though.
Because that's really weird.
Really. 0-0

Mmm, names are the worst, which is why I usually turn to generators/name banks for them. If it's really bad, I mash up different words from different languages. For example, Vergisburg: vergessen is the german verb "to forget" and burg equates to city. It could be a pretty awesome title for a forgotten city in the Alps, no? ;P

You are such a star!

I like that! Maybe the arrival of the new, sunk human cities posed as an area of conflict to start a war or something like that. Forbidden things are always fun.
Aha. Well, if you ever feel the need to gush, I'm here. xD

I've decided her last name will be Vasser, which is Yiddish for water.
Oh so creative, right?
Unlike the opening of this first post I'm working on, which is utter crap. Dx
Not quite sure what to do with her just yet, so this will probably be posted tomorrow so I have more time to think. If you post first I'll just adjust from there~

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Ahaha, tis a long and weird story. Maybe when I'm not trying to handle French. razz

You are clearly the most clever with that one, ahahahahahha
Take your time! There's really no rush!
Ooo~ My friend has been in French classes for several years now.
She's actually going to France this summer with her class. So exciting.
I'm just gonna be stuck here like, "Take me with you!" Dx

Oh, yes. The most clever of them all.
So I gave her a humpback whale for a friend. I named him after the greek word for rain. xD
And this is why I shouldn't do things like this when I'm tired, haha.

I will. Think I found the direction I want to take it in. c:
I've got about two good sized paragraphs so far, but unless I add some more filler I don't think this intro will be very long. Expect more from future posts though.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Gah, so exciting! I can't wait to study abroad myself.
Granted, I won't be spending much time in France. Those countries are way too close together to not run off and explore them all.
I am going to have to save so much money though. .-. so much money.

Wah, whales are adorable!
I love going on whale watches, personally. =]

Honestly, no worries!
Quality over Quantity, always.
And I'm sure once Jack drops from the clouds well - magic will happen.
I completely agree.
If I'm going to Europe, it's not going to be just for France. I'm seeing everything I possibly can.
I'm hoping to have an opportunity to study abroad somewhere within the next two years, so thats exciting. c:

I was looking at the two 'under the sea' pictures for inspiration, and I saw the whale in the picture of the ruins and was all "Yep, her best friend is now a whale." :'D

Post is up~
I just kind of assumed the fleet had already landed on the water, or you could have it fall or be hovering. Or I can just edit my post if it's a problem. xD
But its all set up for Mr. Jack to fall off his fleet whenever you're ready, haha.

I'm going to be getting off soon to sleep~

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Yeah, I'm actually going abroad next semester. It's a reality. I'm literally dying. =]

And yay! I'm glad they're inspiring. razz

Looks good! I'll probably have them arguing about going down to the surface or trying to fly above the clouds. The ultimate decision is obviously to go down to the surface. He'll be falling into the water later tonight. I have rehearsal tonight and then I am grabbing a drink or two with a friend. =]

SLEEP IS GREAT.
I should have gotten more of it. .-.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas