Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
People do better when they know they are being actually appreciated for the work.
Fact of life. razz

Yeah, I'm picking up the pieces.
Like - why do I have so many dresses? How did they accumulate? HOW.

No worries at all there!
I totally understand.
My school kept me fairly busy between award ceremonies, dinners, breakfasts... the works. .-.
And so long as I like the teacher, I like being able to have a conversation with my professor and get to know them as an actual person. It's hard to do that in a class of 100+

Ah, dresses~
I've slowly been accumulating more as well. I prefer shorts or dresses over skirts. I just can't ever seem to get a skirt to sit on me right. Besides, dresses make for such an easy outfit. c:
Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, there are tons of sales for memorial day weekend. It's going to be so hard to resist buying things! Gahhhhh. To make matters worse I've got a four day weekend, so no school friday or monday for me, and that means I can be doing other things... like shopping.

Or roleplaying!
Hopefully our schedules will coincide and we can jump back into the roleplay this weekend. c:

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Oh my gosh, that is huge! Old fuddy duddy men, that clearly know a great deal, can be the worst because while I respect them for their accomplishment... I don't necessarily relate to them. Womp. .-.

Yeah, skirts are super awkward sometimes!
I totally agree with you on dresses. They are the easiest thing to put on sometimes, yet people are still amazed when you wear one. =P
And those sales... yeah... I may have already gotten involved.
I needed a rain coat. One was marked down 75% from its original price. I had to get it. I HAD TO.

AND I POSTED.
Twas lovely to post again.
Hopefully we can get into a bit of a groove, and maybe hash a bit more out plot wise.
So - take the long weekend to post or to hang with friends and do senior things.
I will not be mad about your choice. =P
Yesssssss. Sales.
I already have some shopping plans for this Saturday. xD
Oooo~ I live in Washington, so you think it would be a requirement to own a rain coat. But I still don't.

You posted?! Woot!
/runs off to go read it
I still find it very amusing just how much we have made their conversation revolve around food. And poor Jack is all beaten up. Not to mention now he's having so many issues just having a conversation. I'll try and have Cordelia go easy on him. xD

Well, tomorrow is my boyfriend's birthday. So I'm going to try and post now, but if not then I will post tomorrow night after the festivities. And then Saturday my friend and I are going to go explore the sales~ Other than that, I'm not really busy. Which I am definitely not complaining about!

I am, however, in quite the predicament though. I've already accepted a college's offer of admission and began accepting my financial aid and everything. However, it is not my first choice school. My top school ended up deferring me until just recently. I've been notified of acceptance. And now I just have no clue what to do from here. If I switch it is going to be soooo crazy. But I'm waiting on my financial aid. So we'll see how this goes.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Bahahaha, we're awful. We clearly enable each other.
GET A RAIN COAT WOMAN.

Yeah Jack is just everywhere right now. It's probably because I'm still trying to feel him out as an individual... I don't want him to be too spineless, but I don't want him to have too much a spine - if you know what I mean. razz

Wah, Happy Birthday to the Boyfriend! Hopefully you guys have fun!
Really, take your time. Feel it out. We have all ze time. =P

GAH. THAT HAPPENED TO ME!
I was stubborn and just stuck with the school I had already been accepted to and I don't regret the decision, but it's mostly because I don't know what the other would have been like.
I'd wait on the financial aid like you are and then go from there.
Hoping for good news! =]
Maybe we should attend Shopaholics Anonymous.
And if there isn't one, we can be the founders. xD
Although I'm not sure how effective that would be.

I definitely understand what you mean about Jack's character. We're still early on in the roleplay so it is hard to know what kind of person our characters are. I'm trying not to let Cordelia be too damsel-in-distress-y if you know what I mean. It's definitely a whole new world for her, and her curiosity is meant to be dangerous. But I by no means want her to be too timid or naive. Hard to know where to draw the line.

I'm working on the post right now~ c:
And we had a good time. We grabbed Subway for lunch and split a 5$ foot long, and then we headed over to the movie theater and watched Fast & Furious 6 - which was amazing! Flawless movie.

Oh my gosh that is so crazy!
Yeah, I spoke with admissions and he advised me not to let the school I already accepted know that I will be switching schools until I see their financial aid offer. He said they should be able to get me a good financial aid package, but this is just incase. I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

edit;; Accidentally posted before I was finished. So some of the post is visible but it is not complete yet. c:

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Bahahaha, there totally is a group in existence.
I don't know if I've hit that point.
I usually buy things I don't have at least, and that can serve multiple purposes.
THEY ARE NEVER ENTIRELY USELESS ITEMS.

Gah, I'm glad you're in the same boat!
We shall continue along this journey through character development together. ;P

Weooo!
Gah, jealous that you saw a movie.
I need to see Star Trek. IT'S A SERIOUS NEED.

What a kind admissions' officer! They usually aren't that generous ahahahah

I'll wait until I get the go ahead from you to read it over!
Haha, that is true.
But maybe that is just how we justify all our purchases. :/

POST IS UP.
As I said at the bottom of that post I took the time to try and develop her character, but I feel like it ended up being really all over the place. Bleh, not sure. But I at least tried to get them to have some more contact and move them off that little patch of the island. I think I'll have her reveal soon that his fleet is looking for him. And because we chose the picture of an island that has lots of breaks, waterfalls, and little rivers in it I imagine he will eventually catch her reflection since daylight is breaking. And I think I might have her friend Drake notice what she is doing and that the fleet is hanging around the area. So things should be getting a whole lot more interesting. c:

I'm loving how Jack's personality is developing though.
His vulnerability followed by him snapping slightly. It's perfect considering the situation.

Oh. My. Gosh.
Me too. Star Trek. <33
Gah. NEEEEED.
There are way too many damn good movies coming out this summer too.
GONNA BE SO BROKE.

Haha yeah. But that is one of the reasons I fell in love with this school.
The support and community I felt just visiting there was amazing!

But yes, feel free to read and respond~
I'm going to be on fairly late tonight too. So maybe we could get a couple posts in if you aren't busy or in need of sleep. x3
Also, I'm amazed we haven't broken two pages yet. It is like the never-ending first page.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Shhh! Let me have a proud moment!
I am throwing things out as I unpack so that is another good thing!
Magical!!!

It was fine! I'll backtrack a little to cover the hug. Fortunately, he was already feeling like an a** for what he said so that'll only drive the nail in further. ;P
That all sounds lovely! They technically have like two hours post sunrise... anything could happen. OooOOOOoooo! ;P

It's just funny because the poor guy really hasn't seen a normal situation yet!
I find myself being like, "Well, how would Jack react to girls on the ship? Oh wait... he - hasn't... really.." It's just tricky!

There are too many potential good movies this summer!
It's the worst.

I'm sure it was! I hope the news comes soon!

I have read! I shall try to respond!
Oh, you can be proud then!
So long as things are being cycled out while new things are being cycled in.
That is what I'm trying to do as of late. I haven't really grown in several years, so I have clothes from 3-4 years ago that still fit me. And because of this I was able to be lazy and not worry about buying new clothes. But it's biting me in the a** now. Everything is slowly starting to fall apart at the same time so I'm trying to pick up things here and there. Which will last me a while since I'm forever freaking 5'2. xD

Yeah, I think I backtracked a little too much and that is why I had so many issues with the post. So I hope it made sense. Did a lot of re-reading and changing things in hopes it would flow better. I just figured the hug would be a good touch. c: And bwahaha. Feeeeeel the guilt Jack. xD

Haha, that is true! Poor Jack. xD
But I'm thinking Drake will find out what Cordelia is up to and rush back to warn her father. On the way back he would discover the fleet scouring the area for Jack. I think he would put two and two together and realize just what was going on. So if Tyler finds Jack and they insist on bringing Cordelia, and we decide we don't want that to happen just yet - I'll put my idea for that in just a moment - I could have Drake go into his human form and appear out of the jungle. He could make up some story about how they lived there and she wasn't leaving. Hopefully that would make Tyler and Jack back off a bit.

In the time Jack leaves I figure Cordelia could go get scolded by her father and be forbidden from the surface. But maybe the two could still try and meet at the island? She'd probably have Panos keep a close eye out for Jack's fleet for her. But if she were to go with Jack and Tyler on the fleet, either soon or in the near future, I'm not quite sure how that would play out either!

Needless to say, I just got all excited and became a busy plotting bee.
So I hope it may have given you some inspiration. c:
And I see that the new posts are now up top, which is much easier to read. Less scrolling!

Also, I think I'm gonna make a second post layout for Drake and any other merfolk npc's.
Kinda like how you made one for Tyler and crew~

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Gah, that's my problem!
Except I'm 5'8". ;P

Oh he most certainly will feel the guilt.
He's such a turd.

Oh god, that would totally make them back off!
Tyler: *on their way back to the ship* DUDE. SHE WAS PROBABLY BETROTHED TO THAT SHIRTLESS WEIRDO.
Jack: I'm shirtless, Ty.
Tyler: BUT DID YOU SEE THE MUSCLES.
Jack: Stop drooling.

Fancy stuff!
I'm actually tempted to make him kind of a secondary character with even his own format once Jack begins - exploring other territories.
I have a picture of him with an eye-patch... I like the idea of him becoming some badass.
But we'll see!
We have all the time!
Oh geez. xD
I am forever a dwarf.

Oh my god.
That conversation needs to happen. It's perfect.
And I can see Tyler becoming a strong secondary character.
Drake might end up being one as well, but we'll see. c:

Currently searching for a potential picture for Drake.
Looky what I found: potential Cordelia and Jack scene? o:
I can see something like that happening. Like him having to throw her overboard from his fleet because she someone got wet and started turning or something. Not sure. xD
And hellllo badass.
Minus the claws, I think it might be cool if Drake was a bit more "armored". It'd give some variety to the merfolk. And I could see Drake being a badass above and below water. Perhaps he has seen more of the surface and the sky pirates then they think? I could see him tagging along on the fleet with Cordelia and getting all annoyed with Tyler's questions about how he got so buff. xD

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Bahahaha, being short is not the end of the world!

I think I like making complementary characters more than I like making main characters.
It's a bit of a problem.
Oh well!!!

Cordelia and Jack: ADORABLE.
Does he dive off to "save" her?
Does he dive in to escape le ship?
Does he just toss her over? Wouldn't surprise me.
WHO KNOWSSS.

Drake: Tyler would die. He would literally die of happiness. So fast.
He would probably be the bane of Jack's existence. ;P

P.S. Working on a post.
True, true.
There are definitely perks. c:

I second that.
It's the same when I'm watching a show or reading a book as well.
I always fall in love with the secondary characters.
...And then they get killed off. > w >

Maybe there could be another storm and she is thrown from the fleet?
This could be before he is completely aware of just what she is. Or maybe instead of a storm, the fleet could be attacked and he could very well jump into save her or throw her over simply because it is safer. xD
Thought it was a cute picture though. <3

That is officially Drake's picture.
It is just too badass to pass up on.
As I was brainstorming more of Drake's personality and how he might be more than your average merman - knowing about the fleets and all - I thought it might be cool if maybe him and Jack have met before.
On a fleet. Dun dun dunnnnn.
Drake used to be a sky pirate, maybe? o:
It'd be fun if maybe Jack vaguely remembers him, or completely remembers him but can't really say anything. They could be from enemy fleets or just have coincidently worked together before.
But Drake could also just be your average merman who is buff and kicks a** underwater only. xD

Woot~ Excited to read it. c:

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
POSTED. BROKE TO PAGE 2. MAGIC.

... I am not going to kill, Tyler.
Only rough him up a bit. ;P

No no, I love the idea!
I just want to place it properly.
Art for inspiration is da best.

GAH. STOP.
I was literally thinking about having mermen lurking about certain ships and just having it be like - SURPRISE. I'M A FISH.
Drake doing that would be hilarious.
Having had him run into Jack at one point - just as hilarious if not even more so.
We'll figure it out. ;P

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces