Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I had a bad week. I acted like a child last week, like screaming at my dad and myself, yelling and insulting him, and throwing tantrums. I was mentally stressed and I couldn't function because of that. What did I do wrong?

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You answered your own question. rolleyes

Enduring Associate

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Clambake 200
Everyone has meltdowns when they are really stressed. That's part of being human. If this is something that happens a lot, though, maybe you want to sit down and think about why you are so stressed all the time. If you know what's bothering you, you can come up with ways to reduce your stress. You can also try to manage your stress better. Some people find that writing in a journal helps, or writing your problems on a piece of paper and throwing it in the trash. Some people, when they are becoming upset, count to ten and take slow, deep breaths to calm down. There are a lot of ways to manage stress, and you can find a few that work for you, so that you're not yelling at people all the time.

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Stop yourself before it reaches that point. Self-control is important. You have aspergers, so it's tougher for you to do, but you realize what you did was not right and now it's a matter of getting yourself to correct it. It's up to you to fix it.

Enduring Associate

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
inviso87
Stop yourself before it reaches that point. Self-control is important. You have aspergers, so it's tougher for you to do, but you realize what you did was not right and now it's a matter of getting yourself to correct it. It's up to you to fix it.

Didn't know you had Asperger's, so maybe some of the stuff I suggested is not going to work for you. If you would like some more practical advice from people who are on the autism spectrum, ASAN is a great place to start.

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
fubenkunai
Everyone has meltdowns when they are really stressed. That's part of being human. If this is something that happens a lot, though, maybe you want to sit down and think about why you are so stressed all the time. If you know what's bothering you, you can come up with ways to reduce your stress. You can also try to manage your stress better. Some people find that writing in a journal helps, or writing your problems on a piece of paper and throwing it in the trash. Some people, when they are becoming upset, count to ten and take slow, deep breaths to calm down. There are a lot of ways to manage stress, and you can find a few that work for you, so that you're not yelling at people all the time.

I did wrote some problems I had on a piece of paper and threw them away. It didn't work.

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I did try sketching, and I'm working on a thriller movie script. It helped me express myself. So, what about you guys? Did you had the same problems I had?
madame13
I had a bad week. I acted like a child last week, like screaming at my dad and myself, yelling and insulting him, and throwing tantrums. I was mentally stressed and I couldn't function because of that. What did I do wrong?

So when is the last time that you sat down with somebody and vented your frustrations rather than letting them build up inside you like a bomb waiting for the trigger to come along? Its perfectly natural to feel upset, angry, sad, afraid... But if you force those feelings inside yourself, your just asking for trouble. Vent to me.

Enduring Associate

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
madame13
fubenkunai

I did wrote some problems I had on a piece of paper and threw them away. It didn't work.

It doesn't work for everybody. It doesn't work for me. A lot of people derive comfort from the symbolic act of throwing the paper away, which actually allows them to compartmentalize the stress in their brain. That's why I suggested a lot of methods. You will need some trial and error to figure this out, especially since neurotypical coping methods are not aimed at you. It's okay if things don't work, it just means you can cross them off your list and move on to more promising ideas.
You just told us what you did, dear.

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200

Partying Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I have Asperger's too. I tend to keep stuff bottled up and sometimes it is just too much and comes out. I am trying to be more open and talk to people and vent and stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff