Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
I loled when he went to go deal with the pirates because he wanted leverage.

Yet when he goes and saves their asses from the pirates, by completely vaporizing them, they all have this WTF face.

Just those faces...

Loyal Elder

Waterworld with mechs, Gen Urobuchi sure has a way with combining genres.

Dedicated Tactician

Gunnisberg

Dont expect much from the space fights. This is set on a water world, whilst riding a giant ******** boat. And I'm waiting for arrival of the space flowers and nails. Also Ledo/red is pretty short.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dedicated Tactician

Someone beat me to it. Damn.
The translations part with chamber were pretty funny. And chamber is ******** op.

Bashful Fox

20,425 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Astral Veteran 100
Everything about this anime fills me with delight.

Its visually exciting. From the style to the color choices.

I adored the attention to the language barrier. I can't think of any anime or manga that ever remembers language barriers (usually characters just start talking like they understand each other...) I loved that when the point of view changed, from Amy to Red that the viewer can't even understand them until Chamber translates. I love the way this executed these interactions.

It takes a lot for me to get that "This is genius!" feeling. And its very rare too, but this anime totally got me to feel that way.
Tallgeese is the cure
The translations part with chamber were pretty funny. And chamber is ******** op.

Well what can you do, it's like bringing Patlabor to WW1.

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
LegendaryRandomVIllager42
Tallgeese is the cure

Labors are too fragile. Sending the Freedom in wwi would be more similar.
Gunnisberg
LegendaryRandomVIllager42
Tallgeese is the cure

Labors are too fragile. Sending the Freedom in wwi would be more similar.

True, but it's kinda hard to get Patlabor off my mind at this moment.
Good show and all, plus I've been rewatching.

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
It definitely looks good, but so far it comes across as lackluster to me. I'm hoping it gets more intriguing as time goes on, but through most of the first episode I found I didn't really care at all about anything that was happening and it was kind of a chore to get through the whole thing.

Fashionable Explorer

Oooh, I'm watching this!

This is the first anime I've picked up in over five years. I kind of drifted away from anime, especially after my favourite anime started taking random and unpredictable hiatuses. Found this one only because a sci-fi/fantasy blog I follow reviewed it as one of a few interesting sci-fi anime of the season, so I gave it ago.

Seems promising! A little cliche, yes, but it's done well enough that I don't really notice. The world-building is very solid - I love how the colours went from mostly monochromatic (and kinda... uninteresting) l in space to these vibrant saturated colours on Earth. Really neat, and makes the change in the... "atmosphere" of the world a LOT more obvious.

I've forgotten how young anime characters tend to be, I kind of placed Red as being in his early twenties at first, but he's clearly younger.

I do think he is an artificially-made soldier or something like that, since it seemed like he didn't even have citizenship status before the anime kicks off (and all of the pilots/soldiers in the indoctrination video had identical hair colour).
This is great. I though the people of the a/m/c would drop this instanly, but no. They're giving it a try. smile

Hunter

4,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I'm gonrg to bide my time and wait until it's done to watch it. I love scifi and the fact that they have SHIPS is awesome but I'm not really a, uhm, patient person so I can wait until it is complete. I'll just obsess over Attack on Titan and Flowers of Evil in the mean time xD
Georgess
I'm gonrg to bide my time and wait until it's done to watch it. I love scifi and the fact that they have SHIPS is awesome but I'm not really a, uhm, patient person so I can wait until it is complete. I'll just obsess over Attack on Titan and Flowers of Evil in the mean time xD

You're actually watching rotoscope?
So far the anime
is turning out good, Chamber
makes me smile at times.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items