Welcome to Gaia! ::

http://www.bcbg.com/Fran-Asymmetrical-Draped-Dress/LMR6G032-308,default,pd.html?dwvar_LMR6G032-308_color=308&cgid=dresses

That's the dress I'm looking to buy for prom and I'm just wondering what type of bra I would need to wear with it. I'm not sure if the dress has a built in bra. I saw a video online that you can buy this "extender" that you basically wrap around your body and attach to the clasps of a strapless bra, but I don't know where to find it in stores.

I don't really like the idea of those stick on jelly things. I'm a 32-34C/D~ so I'd feel better if I had more support.

Thanks for the help!

Tipsy Conversationalist

13,050 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Other than those sticky jelly things idk how else you can wear it lol.

Chatty Smoker

That's why I hate open back dresses. If you can't find anything else I would suggest a nude colored bra or maybe altering it so it doesn't show your whole back.

Seriously, I never understood how women wore open back stuff without a bra.
Princezz Brianna
That's why I hate open back dresses. If you can't find anything else I would suggest a nude colored bra or maybe altering it so it doesn't show your whole back.

Seriously, I never understood how women wore open back stuff without a bra.

I do have another dress in mind, but it's more expensive and I really like the silhouette of this particular dress whee
I was sad when I saw that it was open back :C

Eloquent Vampire

You might think about getting a beautiful bra, like one with pretty lace or details or pretty colors (either contrasting or complimenting), and just letting the back band show. Or even having a friend or relative help you make a custom one, alter one you already have, etc. So long as it fits well and you get minimal or no back bulge around the band at all (not saying you will or you're fat or anything, sometimes bras are just assholes like that), it could be really cool.

Ruthless Seeker

There are strapless bras out there that you could possibly wear with that if you can find them. They stick to the breasts I think. I have never worn them so I have no idea how they are. If it were me I would just go without a bra the dress is worth it. heart
Trebonius Hat
There are strapless bras out there that you could possibly wear with that if you can find them. They stick to the breasts I think. I have never worn them so I have no idea how they are. If it were me I would just go without a bra the dress is worth it. heart

Oh I think I know what you're talking about. I'll have to look them up.
My boyfriend would love that, going without a bra stare
Jagger-Wolf
You might think about getting a beautiful bra, like one with pretty lace or details or pretty colors (either contrasting or complimenting), and just letting the back band show. Or even having a friend or relative help you make a custom one, alter one you already have, etc. So long as it fits well and you get minimal or no back bulge around the band at all (not saying you will or you're fat or anything, sometimes bras are just assholes like that), it could be really cool.

That could work, but I think the dress would look weird with the bra, since there's a gold chain hanging on the back. I really hope the dress is padded. I'll actually consider wearing those sticky boob things then sweatdrop

Sexy Turtle

I wear no bra, Without support wont damage your breast if you only do it for one night. No big deal. Guys will hit on you if they see your pointy. Be proud.User Image

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
There are adhesive bra cups you can buy. They should have a variety of sizes.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
There are low back converters for bras, but that dress might be pushing it.

edit: Ohh, or you know I bet they make low back styles of those special formal wear bras. They're like those shape wear bra/corset top things.

Gawker

Look for these 'Magic Liftits'. They're better than those normal stick on cups as these are moulded silicone and are made to support.

But yes, you can get 'extenders' as it were, so that the clip of the bra sits at the lower of your back. Some might be too high for that dress, but I'm sure there'll be something for that dress. A few of my friends have worn them on nights out fine.

boybaka's Significant Otter

High-functioning Bookworm

19,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
You could always take the dress to a good tailor and have them alter the cowl back so that it sits higher. That sort of thing is usually fairly simple to change, and the fact that there's so much extra material back there to work with makes it easier.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff