The new Dante 0.18918918918919 18.9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Dapper Cutesmasher

5,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I have no problems with the new game. Sure, I wasn't too fond of the changes to Dante, and less fond still of the changes to Vergil, but I liked some of the concepts. If anything, I dislike Ninja Theory intensely for butchering my fandom in very rude, pathetic and insulting ways.

I want to see more of the original Dante, since he is of course my favourite. Nero...well, I had a little more respect for him than I started with in 4, but I still couldn't help thinking that he's pretty much a copy-paste of Dante, but younger and with a demon arm. I do want to see more of his past, since he has the blood of Sparda an' all, and I would like further confirmation of Vergil being his father since the timelines don't quite explain that well.

Dangerous Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
lsk619dmc
yura miamoto
lsk619dmc
yura miamoto
lsk619dmc
yura miamoto

Thank you.
Yea, they also could put both Dante's in the game, by alternate outfits. That would make the people who liked the old games and the new games happy.

That would definitely be a twist on things. I'd be cool though

Yea but CAPCOM wouldn't do this unless enough people came to them. They still haven't made a new game for Mega Man which is the face of CAPCOM

Yeah, they wouldn't. If only Capcom would listen to the fans for a change....

Yea, unless, at E3 they announce new games, like Mega Man instead of another marvel vs CAPCOM. I mean, they have been only realising reboots and non-asked for games. Maybe theyre planning for one event where they just drop a s**t load of games on us.

We can only hope. I mean, reboots can be ok, but you can't stop a series like that.

youre right, but sadly, i never had a chance to play that game, i searched footage of it and it just looked so fun

Greedy Capitalist

Im Rinny
The Brutal Blitzer

riding on a missile is no more unrealistic than the new Dante putting his pants shirt and boots on while jumping through his trailer, and his trailer is being pulled back at 40 miles per hour. Also, the new Dante isn't cocky? You have not played the game because the very 1st chapter he is unappreciative towards Kat who was trying to save his life and he pointed a gun at her while she tried to warn and reason with him, and also says after she helps him: "I didn't ask for your help". He also punches bouncers in the face to get into nightclubs, knocks a cup out of the hand of a random bypasser, the guy is not only arrogant but his attitude is very cruel towards people that don't personally have anything against him. The old Dante in DMC3 took a bullet in the face from lady and still became her friend. And before joining the order the new Dante was a good for nothing loser who did nothing for anyone and abused his inherited powers to get by in life whereas the old Dante created an honest business to get by in life. And while they both are in the demon slaying business for avenging their mother, the newer Dante said so himself that he doesn't "give a s**t" about helping mankind. I strongly believe the older Dante does it for mankind because if he didn't care he wouldn't have made his business to help people on the spot.

So all in all, the old Dante is a better character, and while he may be cocky towards his enemies, at least he has a sense of decency and righteousness.

I also have no idea what you mean about the new dante being more "like a person" than the old one, Dante says the phrase "Devils never cry" in every game, (except DMC4) implying that no matter how much of a demon he may prove to be, his ability to cry makes his human side precious to him.
ℜinny says: I don't have a problem with it being unrealistic. I think it's just ******** stupid. DMC3s Dante is the most obnoxious Dante I have ever seen. DMC1 and DMC4 Dante was just annoying. DMC2...he acted like Batman or something.
lol
Ok let me rephrase that. Overly cocky, obnoxious, unlikable, a*****e. Better? Yes new Dante is cocky but not as cocky and not in a way where I just want to break his face every 5 seconds. I've beaten DMC: DMC so don't ******** say "oh u havnt plaed game LOL!!1"
Also to be fair with pointing the gun at her...he was dragged into Limbo and a lot of weird s**t was happening so he'd be a bit jumpy with a his guns. He was rude to her at first but eventually respected her. Which redeemed him a bit. He eventually became not as rude as he was in the beginning. He also become a bit more likable. Old Dante is obnoxious and the ******** same the entire game.

and "by like a person" I mean he was more believable as a character.

I just like new Dante more because I don't want to punch him all the time or scream "shut the ******** up already"
Is that really so bad?

There's a lot of those matrix moments in the Devil May Cry series, get used to it, all I'm saying is that the over the top action is not limited to just Devil May Cry 1 2 3 & 4 and riding on a missile is no different from what I said earlier about the new Dante. The old Dante is cocky but like I implied, only towards people that have beef against him. The new Dante is a cocky jackass to any poor random person walking down the street .You haven't even countered half of what I said, so there's practically no point in countering the fact that there was no excuse to try to kill someone that was trying to help him from the beginning, regardless if he was trapped in a strange world. And who cares if the old Dante has the same personality the entire game? He still matures over time through his other games, becoming less wild and hence why he acts a bit like batman in one of them.

Long story short, at least he wasn't a complete d**k to everyone in the beginning of the game. And that's why I don't like his character, he's a stupid disrespectful punk that's only pissed because he lost his mommy and daddy. ******** that s**t pistol.
Cyanide-Kalium
I have no problems with the new game. Sure, I wasn't too fond of the changes to Dante, and less fond still of the changes to Vergil, but I liked some of the concepts. If anything, I dislike Ninja Theory intensely for butchering my fandom in very rude, pathetic and insulting ways.

I want to see more of the original Dante, since he is of course my favourite. Nero...well, I had a little more respect for him than I started with in 4, but I still couldn't help thinking that he's pretty much a copy-paste of Dante, but younger and with a demon arm. I do want to see more of his past, since he has the blood of Sparda an' all, and I would like further confirmation of Vergil being his father since the timelines don't quite explain that well.

Yes, I'd love incite to Nero's past. An explanation to whether or not he's Vergil's son or not would be great....

Greedy Capitalist

lsk619dmc
The Brutal Blitzer
Im Rinny
ℜinny says: I feel like the only one that liked the new Dante, he actually seemed like a person. Not a cocky little idiot that rides a missile like a surf board. It got old really fast. neutral
Maybe if he acted like how he did in DMC 2 I will be fine with it.

riding on a missile is no more unrealistic than the new Dante putting his pants shirt and boots on while jumping through his trailer, and his trailer is being pulled back at 40 miles per hour. Also, the new Dante isn't cocky? You have not played the game because the very 1st chapter he is unappreciative towards Kat who was trying to save his life and he pointed a gun at her while she tried to warn and reason with him, and also says after she helps him: "I didn't ask for your help". He also punches bouncers in the face to get into nightclubs, knocks a cup out of the hand of a random bypasser, the guy is not only arrogant but his attitude is very cruel towards people that don't personally have anything against him. The old Dante in DMC3 took a bullet in the face from lady and still became her friend. And before joining the order the new Dante was a good for nothing loser who did nothing for anyone and abused his inherited powers to get by in life whereas the old Dante created an honest business to get by in life. And while they both are in the demon slaying business for avenging their mother, the newer Dante said so himself that he doesn't "give a s**t" about helping mankind. I strongly believe the older Dante does it for mankind because if he didn't care he wouldn't have made his business to help people on the spot.

So all in all, the old Dante is a better character, and while he may be cocky towards his enemies, at least he has a sense of decency and righteousness.

I also have no idea what you mean about the new dante being more "like a person" than the old one, Dante says the phrase "Devils never cry" in every game, (except DMC4) implying that no matter how much of a demon he may prove to be, his ability to cry makes his human side precious to him.

Amazing explanation. I never thought of it to that extent.

Thanks.

Greedy Capitalist

Reno Takamiya
lsk619dmc
Reno Takamiya
No.
DMC 4 was bad DMC 5 will be just as bad or worse.
Especially when playing as Dante the gameplay was still catered to Nero when fighting boss's.

To be honest, I didn't have a problem with DMC 4. It wasn't the best, but I've played worse games. I just want the original Dante back

Then replay the old games and don't worry about the reboot. If you have played the reboot then just download the Old Dante Skin.

It goes a lot farther than just his looks that make people turn away.

Desirable Lover

9,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
The Brutal Blitzer
Reno Takamiya
lsk619dmc
Reno Takamiya
No.
Especially when playing as Dante the gameplay was still catered to Nero when fighting boss's.

To be honest, I didn't have a problem with DMC 4. It wasn't the best, but I've played worse games. I just want the original Dante back

Then replay the old games and don't worry about the reboot. If you have played the reboot then just download the Old Dante Skin.

It's story and looks.
You can change his look.
And the story isn't bad. It's exactly like the original, except they have an angel mother now. Vergil has a better reason for going evil as well. If you don't like the story. Skip it.

Any complaints about the combat fall short. The combat is as fluid as ever, if not better since you can chain every single weapon you get together.

Greedy Capitalist

Virtas_Threin
The Brutal Blitzer
Reno Takamiya
lsk619dmc
Reno Takamiya
No.

It's story and looks.
You can change his look.
And the story isn't bad. It's exactly like the original, except they have an angel mother now. Vergil has a better reason for going evil as well. If you don't like the story. Skip it.

Any complaints about the combat fall short. The combat is as fluid as ever, if not better since you can chain every single weapon you get together.

The combat is good, I admit, the story was never a fundamental of Devil May Cry, it was all about his calm yet fun style attitude.
ZverStryker210
Capcom isn't making another DMC: Devil May Cry with the new Dante? This sucks. I like both old and new Dante but to be honest I actually like the newer Dante more. He's more badass.

Although seeing and playing as Nero again would be awesome.

Yeah, sale prices were lower than they expected, so another game with DmC Dante may not happen
ZverStryker210
lsk619dmc
ZverStryker210
Capcom isn't making another DMC: Devil May Cry with the new Dante? This sucks. I like both old and new Dante but to be honest I actually like the newer Dante more. He's more badass.

Yeah, sale prices were lower than they expected, so another game with DmC Dante may not happen

I thought it was well done. What did you think?

I liked it. I'm still a bigger fan of the original, but if you think of both games as different series, I think they were great. If Capcom would continue to make this new series, and maybe bring up a new installment for the old games, it'd be amazing. Unfortunately, that'll never happen stare
ZverStryker210
lsk619dmc
ZverStryker210
lsk619dmc
ZverStryker210

I thought it was well done. What did you think?

I liked it. I'm still a bigger fan of the original, but if you think of both games as different series, I think they were great. If Capcom would continue to make this new series, and maybe bring up a new installment for the old games, it'd be amazing. Unfortunately, that'll never happen stare

Don't think that too soon. Things could change.

Yeah, things could. I just hope they keep making games. Either one of the series is fine with me, I just hope they don't cancel them all together eek

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff