Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cluttered Millionaire

8,975 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I love my hair, it's probably my best feature.
But I always wanted what I don't have. I wanted dark curly hair, instead I have straight blonde hair.
I tried going dark but it didn't quite suit me.

Shirtless Seeker

Bubble Shark
Are you talking about exclusively black women's hair? Or all women's hair? Because I don't think anyone really gets told their hair is ugly, except for black hair, which is sad... I really love their natural hair. If I was black, I'd ROCK an intense fro. And wear ******** sweet headbands and s**t.

Anyway, that said, yes, I do love my natural hair. I'm a natural redhead. I have dyed my hair before, and I just... didn't care for it, I guess. I dyed it brown, and then I dyed it purple. And now it's super short and back to my natural red. I love it. It could be thicker, since I do have super fine baby hair, but I still love it.

Yes, my friend usually styles her hair somehow, she twists it or puts it in a bun hairdo or something similar, but when she wears it out & natural it's like BAM!

It's so awesome!

My guy friend keeps his hair natural and he grows it out, and its like an afro but it's kind of wild and not ya know, shaped and fluffed out and whatever. But I think it looks so cool cat_3nodding .

Shirtless Seeker

I don't usually let my hair dry naturally, because it takes so long to dry and I wash it daily. So I'll usually diffuse it for about 5 minutes and then put in texturizing creme or gel or something (my hair is wavy). Most of the time I'll blow out my bangs too.

I often wonder what I'd do if there was no more power...

I guess I'd grow my bangs out :L
My hair is naturally thick and frizzy with a wave, but isn't uniform so it can look funny if I just let it go. Some days I blow it straight, but I also have lazy days every other wash where I put product in to help fight frizz and condition the hair and just let it do its thing. Now that I have long hair it's been so great to let it be natural. My mornings are so much easier.

I like that there's a movement now away from the blowdryers and straighteners, and more of a focus on having healthy hair. People are always going to want what they don't have, but I am just thankful I have hair. Some people don't have that luxury.

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
I hate my natural hair, but not because I was TAUGHT that way.
I think it's ugly because it's a cool ash blond and darker colors look SO much better on my skin tone.
It makes me feel like a freaking mouse.
srsly.

Anxious Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
My natural hair is really thick. Plus, I have a lot of it, so its hard to manage. That's why I straighten it.
Susue

Though I've gotten negative comments too especially in the work place. My hair is a lot of lengths--very large and choppy up top and a very long taper past my shoulders. At my last job they had a pretty strict dress code and my senior manager told me he was going to say something about taming my hair, but "the customers seem to enjoy it". rolleyes I think that's a definitely a negative image that curly hair gets--that somehow keeping your hair natural makes you WILD and need to be TAMED! That somehow you're not making the effort to straighten your hair means that you care less about your appearance?
I'm a member of naturallycurly.com and in the message boards people share the CRAZIEST things people have said to them about their hair. It's insane.

omg I hate that!

It makes me a bit nervous since my hair is naturally thick and extremely curly/kinky (it's an afro basically), and I'm about to start my first job. I know how to style my hair in different updos to make it "professional" looking, but I don't need anyone commenting negatively on it just because of the texture. Like seriously. This is how it grows out of my head. There shouldn't be a problem.

We'll see though. :'D

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Yes, I love my natural hair.

Demonic Lover

☠I like dyeing my hair.
Right now I'm blonde:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is my real hair color:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.☠
I'm pretty comfortable with my natural hair. I still don't like how much trouble it takes to make curly hair look good, though.

Sparkly Conversationalist

My natural hair is a medium brown. It's also very straight and thin. I've been letting it grow to my waist, and the longer it gets, the more I love it. I even threw away my straightener and hair dryer, because I'm afraid of damaging it at its current length.

I used to hate my natural hair, but I think it's all in the way you look at it and how you get it cut. Once I stopped forcing it to be something it wasn't, it started to cooperate, have more texture, etc.

Millionaire

9,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hell yes. I don't even know what it is though. Some weird curly wavy straight hybrid thing.

When I was a little kid, my hair was so curly. Everyone would just say how I looked like Shirley Temple and how adorable and charming I was.
But when I was in middle school, all these girls had straight hair, and mine was curly. So I started straightening to death.
I was also in the dreaded emo phase. Teen angst + Unhappiness about my hair = Bad.
It was so dead and dull, I don't even know how I thought it looked good.
When I started high school, I just decided to chop it all of. It was past my boobs, but now it's just a little under the chin.

I regret my middle school years.

Star Seeker

I get bored of my natural hair... but I take care of my hair none the less...

Golden Fatcat

i have stick straight flat hair lol

Angelic Blob

I am currently transitioning to natural hair. My hair was relaxed, on various occasions, since I was a child. I always hated it because 1) it burned my scalp every time 2) I never liked having straight hair half the time 3) I can't even remember what my hair was like before the chemicals.

Since I am lazy I am just seeing how long I can get it so that the hair doesn't tangle up due to short length. I never got a chance to really take care of it myself, so so far it is doing pretty bad sweatdrop but at least I am not picking scabs out of my head for a month and half like I use to.

I am quite happy to see that more black women are exploring the possibility of letting their hair grow out without instantly clamoring for the relaxer or flat iron.

As for hair color I never had a problem with it, though it can be annoying how easy it becomes sun bleached.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff