Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Lover

7,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Hey guys. So I've been depressed for like 2 and a half years now, and it's gotten to the point where I'm about ready to ask my parents for therapy. Thing is, we're having money problems, so I don't want to get therapy only for it to not work. Have any of you ever been to therapy? If you have, did it work? How long did it take for you to be happy? Are therapists nice? I'd really appreciate if someone could help me.

Hellraiser

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I don trust em

Invisible Bloodsucker

Burning Bonus
I don trust em

Profitable Trader

You have to be pretty open and honest for it to work.
If you are reluctant about anything you might be wasting your money.

Shirtless Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
sukhmansodhi1
Hey guys. So I've been depressed for like 2 and a half years now, and it's gotten to the point where I'm about ready to ask my parents for therapy. Thing is, we're having money problems, so I don't want to get therapy only for it to not work. Have any of you ever been to therapy? If you have, did it work? How long did it take for you to be happy? Are therapists nice? I'd really appreciate if someone could help me.

I used to go to a therapist once a week. It helped me to better understand myself, but I felt like she didn't even listen to me half of the time. So it all just depends on who you see and how comfortable you are with talking to a stranger about your depression. I quit going after a year and have struggled with depression/anxiety for about 3 and a half years afterwards. Right now I have no anxiety or depression. It just went away out of nowhere x.x

Hope this helps. If you ever need someone to talk to/listen I am almost always on here. Feel free to send a pm if you'd like <3 And good luck hun

~wulf

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces