Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

Yeah, those arsonists are another target of my wrath.

Maybe they would, but would Seattle embrace the NHL? I know Kansas City wouldn't, and they were looked at as a serious option for the NHL.

Well, Washington as a state has a some WHL teams, which does pretty good. Seattle Thunderbirds and the Everett Silvertips to name a couple

But CHL tickets are much cheaper, and arenas are generally smaller, you know? We're talking about 41 home games, and pulling in 15-17k per game.

Yeah sure, but think about it, Hockey in the desert? doesn't make sense! hell, hockey in Florida...Hockey in the south in general, doesn't make sense

Arizona has snow bunnies, so I can understand the logic, kind of... snow bunnies take their loyalties with them, though. That wouldn't work. The NHL has done very well in Tampa, Carolina, and Nashville, though. Atlanta and Miami, not so much, but those two are terrible sports towns no matter what the sport.

Nashville and Carolina are alright, they do play some OK hockey. Anything farther south...well...TX is ok I guess too

Tampa has great scorers, and they're putting together a little bit of tradition with St. Louis and Lecavalier being with them for so long. Stamkos is star material as well.

Dallas, I don't know... they're too fairweather towards any team not named the Cowboys. You'd think them being a top-level team for the first decade they played in Dallas would have built loyalty, but no.

Magnetic Member

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

But CHL tickets are much cheaper, and arenas are generally smaller, you know? We're talking about 41 home games, and pulling in 15-17k per game.

Yeah sure, but think about it, Hockey in the desert? doesn't make sense! hell, hockey in Florida...Hockey in the south in general, doesn't make sense

Arizona has snow bunnies, so I can understand the logic, kind of... snow bunnies take their loyalties with them, though. That wouldn't work. The NHL has done very well in Tampa, Carolina, and Nashville, though. Atlanta and Miami, not so much, but those two are terrible sports towns no matter what the sport.

Nashville and Carolina are alright, they do play some OK hockey. Anything farther south...well...TX is ok I guess too

Tampa has great scorers, and they're putting together a little bit of tradition with St. Louis and Lecavalier being with them for so long. Stamkos is star material as well.

Dallas, I don't know... they're too fairweather towards any team not named the Cowboys. You'd think them being a top-level team for the first decade they played in Dallas would have built loyalty, but no.

TX historically is a football state...hell, they would watch the Mavs over the Stars

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

TX historically is a football state...hell, they would watch the Mavs over the Stars

I'm sure that would change if the Stars started making playoff runs again, and the Mavs fell apart. Neither will compare to them watching Tony Romo throw ducks to opposing safeties in the 4th quarter.

Magnetic Member

10,250 Points
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

I'm sure that would change if the Stars started making playoff runs again, and the Mavs fell apart. Neither will compare to them watching Tony Romo throw ducks to opposing safeties in the 4th quarter.

XDDD fair enough

Dapper Dabbler

15,450 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Awful. Having unbalanced conferences is just bush league. Not to mention sticking the Florida teams in with the Northeast and Detroit makes no sense whatsoever. I know Detroit wants to be with Toronto, but stranding Chicago as the only Original Six team in the West, and effectively killing the rivalries with Chicago and Colorado makes no sense, especially with how rivalry-starved the NHL is at the moment.

What the NHL needs to do is swap Nashville and Winnipeg, look to get to 32, and then realign into 8 divisions.
I agree with you...partly. Colorado isnt really a rival anymore...hell, swap Florida for Chicago and keep the Original Six together lol

I just remember how nasty it was in the 90s. That was the rivalry back then. It's too bad that it fell apart, but Colorado's been so poorly managed, and the Wings haven't.

That's another reason why I want them to realign once it gets to 32, is so they can make the first round of the playoffs just the top two teams in each division playing one another for a best-of-seven championship. The NHL needs some solid rivalries outside of Boston-Montreal, Philly-Pitt, and the NYC teams. The league just seems so boring and sterile right now.

If PHX moves to Seattle or Quebec...

PHX will move when hell freezes over, so thankfully never

Magnetic Member

10,250 Points
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Awful. Having unbalanced conferences is just bush league. Not to mention sticking the Florida teams in with the Northeast and Detroit makes no sense whatsoever. I know Detroit wants to be with Toronto, but stranding Chicago as the only Original Six team in the West, and effectively killing the rivalries with Chicago and Colorado makes no sense, especially with how rivalry-starved the NHL is at the moment.

What the NHL needs to do is swap Nashville and Winnipeg, look to get to 32, and then realign into 8 divisions.
I agree with you...partly. Colorado isnt really a rival anymore...hell, swap Florida for Chicago and keep the Original Six together lol

I just remember how nasty it was in the 90s. That was the rivalry back then. It's too bad that it fell apart, but Colorado's been so poorly managed, and the Wings haven't.

That's another reason why I want them to realign once it gets to 32, is so they can make the first round of the playoffs just the top two teams in each division playing one another for a best-of-seven championship. The NHL needs some solid rivalries outside of Boston-Montreal, Philly-Pitt, and the NYC teams. The league just seems so boring and sterile right now.

so you are a PHX fan?

Dapper Dabbler

15,450 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Trafficker 100
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

They won't. They have a lease at their building for a while, and I don't think the buyout is very favorable. That, and Bettman seems insistent on staying there, and it's paying off in a way. Arizona's starting to put out NCAA-quality hockey talent.

I think Quebec returning to the NHL would be great. Seattle... ugh. I can't stand their fans, and Vancouver is so close. That, and they're getting the NBA back. I don't know if I like the idea of going there.
See that's just it, Seattle would be an instant geographical rival to them

Maybe they would, but would Seattle embrace the NHL? I know Kansas City wouldn't, and they were looked at as a serious option for the NHL.

Well, Washington as a state has a some WHL teams, which does pretty good. Seattle Thunderbirds and the Everett Silvertips to name a couple

what about it does not make sense? is that not like saying Football(both kinds) makes no sense in Canada?

Dapper Dabbler

15,450 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Trafficker 100
Ron the Epic Edition
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

so you are a PHX fan?

i am, and a team being in PHX is a good thing for the overall sport of hockey

Magnetic Member

10,250 Points
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

what about it does not make sense? is that not like saying Football(both kinds) makes no sense in Canada?

well see, Hockey is generally a cold weather sport. Football...(both versions) are generally all season. Good example. Keeping the ice cold is harder in warm weather. I live in Detroit. This is hockeytown. when the temps got warm during the Red Wings playoff run, the ice quality sucked...and its a LOT warmer in Phoenix/Glendale...

Magnetic Member

10,250 Points
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

so you are a PHX fan?

from promoting the sport, I guess so

Dapper Dabbler

15,450 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Trafficker 100
Ron the Epic Edition
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

well see, Hockey is generally a cold weather sport. Football...(both versions) are generally all season. Good example. Keeping the ice cold is harder in warm weather. I live in Detroit. This is hockeytown. when the temps got warm during the Red Wings playoff run, the ice quality sucked...and its a LOT warmer in Phoenix/Glendale...

and i am from edmonton, and with the temperature fluctuations in the region the last 10 years we have snow on the ground for about 3 months a yeah. True it is warmer there but that is why there is technology to take things to places that it is not normally attributed with, that is why you are seeing ice rinks being build in the middle east. So not the best argument to make that because it is warm in a region they should not have hockey

Dapper Dabbler

15,450 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Trafficker 100
Ron the Epic Edition
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

so you are a PHX fan?

Yep and that is the number 1 priority of the NHL smile which is a good thing, especially if one enjoys the sport and wishes others to enjoy it as well

Magnetic Member

10,250 Points
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

and i am from edmonton, and with the temperature fluctuations in the region the last 10 years we have snow on the ground for about 3 months a yeah. True it is warmer there but that is why there is technology to take things to places that it is not normally attributed with, that is why you are seeing ice rinks being build in the middle east. So not the best argument to make that because it is warm in a region they should not have hockey

I'm not saying you CAN"T have hockey there, I'm just saying keeping the ice cold is harder and more expensive

Magnetic Member

10,250 Points
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
nobounce the 2nd

so you are a PHX fan?

Yep and that is the number 1 priority of the NHL smile which is a good thing, especially if one enjoys the sport and wishes others to enjoy it as well
they said that about Atlanta too...

Dapper Dabbler

15,450 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Trafficker 100
Ron the Epic Edition
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
nobounce the 2nd
Ron the Epic Edition
Procurements

I'm not saying you CAN"T have hockey there, I'm just saying keeping the ice cold is harder and more expensive

true but those are not reasons not to have a team in a location, oh and the realignment SUCKS and is horrible and the NHL will just end up moving back to the current or closer to the current system in 10-15 years again, as what they move do does not allow for as much fan involvement throughout the playoffs

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff