Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hunter

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Feel free to post some books that you really enjoy that many people would consider "Underground" everyone loves new reading material!!
My top favorite book that so few people have read is called The Noticer by Andy Andrews. It is short but absolutely life changing.
The Lumatere Chronicles. (Finnikin of the Rock, Froi of the Exiles, Quintana of Charyn). A fantastic fantasy adventure trilogy by Melina Marchetta. Australian author extraordinaire. (Seriously when will this lady get the attention she deserves) Never have I cared so much for such beautiful characters before.
those city lights
The Lumatere Chronicles. (Finnikin of the Rock, Froi of the Exiles, Quintana of Charyn). A fantastic fantasy adventure trilogy by Melina Marchetta. Australian author extraordinaire. (Seriously when will this lady get the attention she deserves) Never have I cared so much for such beautiful characters before.

I liked Finnikin of the Rock, never got around to the rest.
stacy_medina
those city lights

I liked Finnikin of the Rock, never got around to the rest.
Ah, I would strongly recommend them if you enjoyed Finnikin! (Though I am extremely biased when it comes to these books because I found them to be so much better then anything Ive ever read). Such strong and caring male characters; but the women refuse to be outdone! Finnikin of the Rock can definitely stand on its own, since its end wraps up pretty nicely. But the other two definitely need to be read together. (Though the last in the trilogy isn't out in the US yet).

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
"How to Succeed in Evil"
Artemis Fowl. <3
'Withnail & I'
People tend to forget it was originally a book
heart
War with the Newts -- Karel Capek
This is an intelligently written and ambitious sci-fi satire, and it's one of those books that I would buy for people just to get them to read it.

Hunter

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Nocturne of Zero
Artemis Fowl. <3

I have definitely heard of these haha! Great series!

Liberal Ladykiller

I don't have a whole ton of friends that read so my gauge on if books are popular or uncommon might be a little skewed.

I really like A Partial History of Lost Causes by Jennifer Dubois, Among Others by Jo Walton, and anything by Marya Hornbacher.

When I was younger one of the books I remember best was The Rainbow Cadenza by Neil J. Schulman.

Hunter

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
systematic_individual
I don't have a whole ton of friends that read so my gauge on if books are popular or uncommon might be a little skewed.

I really like A Partial History of Lost Causes by Jennifer Dubois, Among Others by Jo Walton, and anything by Marya Hornbacher.

When I was younger one of the books I remember best was The Rainbow Cadenza by Neil J. Schulman.

honestly never heard of any of those! I will put those on my list to read!

Friendly Gaian

6,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
those city lights

I've been considering reading this for a while. I keep passing it up in my school's library, so I'll pick it up next time I go ^^
I really enjoyed the Fablehaven series. No one I know has ever heard of it. Although I might just be talking to the wrong people....

Conservative Genius

I wrote up a nice massive post... and then it got eaten. So I'll just list the books sans commentary and go drown my sorrows. (Ordered by youngest to oldest in terms of audience, although all of them are marketed as YA or younger these days.)

No More Dead Dogs by Gordan Korman
The Diadem series by John Peel.
The Mindwarp series by Chris Archer.
Witch Week by Diana Wynne Jones (and the other Chrestomanci books, but WW is a personal fave)
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen (sequel coming out next month)
Hidden Talent and its sequel True Talent by David Lubar
The Dalemark Quartet by Diana Wynne Jones
Shade's Children by Garth Nix
Deep Secrets by Diana Wynne Jones
The Sword of the Spirits trilogy by John Christopher.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff