Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Reveler

6,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

who: ocean_ecco and special agent everest. don't see your username? then please don't post without permission.
what: a continuation of an old roleplay
where: here, silly goose. although technically the roleplay's set in the diamond isles...
why: um, why not? =D
credits: to White Flag Idiot and her awesome Hetalia roleplay, One Rose Red

Generous Reveler

6,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

sтσяy

Somewhere, somehow, it became a good idea.
No one truly understands how it came to be, or even why it seemed so urgent - that's another thing the governments are good at, keeping secrets - but it all boils down to two, daunting words in the end.

Arranged. Marriages.

Because in order to get new land, it must be created. That's difficult to do, considering how imbalanced the genders of the various personifications are (seriously, the shortage of females is baffling us here) - and the nations have been alive far too long to not know the risks of marrying a mortal.

So, since they wouldn't do it themselves, we'll make them! Ah, government logic.

And while government officials worldwide pat themselves on the back for a job well done, two particular people are utterly dreading the concept of marriage. While the personification of Germany, otherwise known as Ludwig, respects his boss's orders and all, suddenly not being by the one person who's always been there for him is turning out to be more agonizing that he'd imagined. On the other hand, his new fiance Emerson's agony lies in the fact that Ludwig may be way too perceptive for his own good - what if he finds out?.

To make things even more fun, a promise has been set. Their marriage is to be solely for business purposes, no emotional strings attached. Like friends with benefits... except everyone who's anyone knows the truth about these kind of promises... they usually don't work.

So, Ludwig and Emerson, the challenge's been accepted. Can you see it through?

note: if we make any other characters, i can easily add them to the storyline, no biggie. =)

Generous Reveler

6,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

cнαяαcтεяs

User Image
Ludwig Beilschmidt - Germany (Ocean_Ecco)

User Image
Emerson Marguerite Rilles (special agent everest)

note: and y'know, whoever else decides to ride this crazy train.

Generous Reveler

6,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

cнαℓℓεиԍε αccερтεd?

of course! what fools are we to turn down a challenge? let's roll!

Generous Reveler

6,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I'VE BEEN COLD ... IN TH E CRYPT.

but not as cold as the w ords across your lips...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

emerson MARGUERITE rilles

YOU'LL BE SORRY, BABY... SOME DAY.

when you reach across the bed where my body used to lay...

you left me here like a chalk outline on the sidewalk waiting for the rain to wash me away... wash me away...
you keep coming back to the scene of the crime but the dead can't speak and there's nothing left to say anyway...
all you left behind... is a chalk outline.

It's like we're ASKING for it...

Emerson thought to herself, twirling her index fingers around each other absentmindedly. Although she hated to admit it to herself, something was wrong here. Not just with the idea, no - which she refused to think about any further to prevent as much anguish as possible - but with their conversations... all of them. She could read the atmosphere - not as well as Nessa, but she still could. And to be quite honest, their interactions so far played out in a way that reminded her painfully of Cornelius' romance novels... which wasn't supposed to be happening. At. All.

If they became anymore adorably awkward, they'd probably start a few shipping wars.

His "thinking" pose made a little smile quirk up onto her face, and she quickly settled herself into a mirrored version of the exact pose. It wasn't mockery so much as it was mimicry. She couldn't hold the pose for long, however, as she ended up in a small giggle fit and had to duck underneath her hair again until it died away. "Odd? Well... I - I just wondered." She brushed her curls aside and listened to his explanation, a little upset by his predicament. Really. Smiles always got her out of situations... not all of them of course, but a good amount. And if they didn't, well... she had other ways. A fond, delicate smile slid onto her face then, thinking back on little things like the slingshot buried in her flowerpot or the ice skates in her neighbor's backyard. Memories. She loved them, she really did. "It may not work on them... but just a hint for the future - they work on me. I - I'll admit, it's a weakness of mine." For a moment, she wondered why she was telling him that, but she did like his smile. And it wasn't healthy for someone to not smile.

Of course, the next topic made her never want to smile again.

That one topic always would do her in like that - always - and despite a whole seven years to become adjusted to it, sometimes she walked into her house and expected to see her sitting there at her favorite table - the dining table - sewing, or tapping on the wooden surface while singing a song in French, her dark auburn hair sprawled out against the back of the chair. She'd expect the smell of baked goods or her favorite shampoo, the one that smelled like melons and citrus, and the smell of freshly picked wildflowers that she scattered throughout the house. Sometimes, she would try to remember the song and sing it herself, but without her mother's soft alto voice chiming in, it never sounded right. She could sense his confusion at her sudden change in moods, from happy to sad and right back around again, but she couldn't think about her mother right now. Not right now.

... So. Ludwig was Germany, and his brother was Prussia. But, if her history classes taught her anything at all, wasn't Prussia no longer a country and no longer existed (except for New Prussia, Canada)? She was tempted to ask if a Pangaea existed as well, but she decided not to, simply because she wasn't sure if that would spark a James Cameron-related argument. "So... I have a brother-in-law... W-Well, I guess I don't have much to offer when it comes to interesting family members... we're kind of normal. I guess the most interesting member is Cornelius... and he's not really blood, he's my..." Emerson paused for a moment, thinking of a decent and short explanation for her relationship with Cornelius. "Lius is... like family, but... you know... how your friends sometimes are so close to you, they're practically your second family? It's like that." It felt like a decent enough explanation, and she hoped he wouldn't question it too much. That, like her mother, was too difficult to explain, too painful to deal with. To her dismay, though, he spoke again, telling her how nice it was to hear about her home... and how proud her mother must be of her.

The thought makes her heart break - again - and she briefly wondering how it's still functioning.

"I - Well, I... yes. S-She's very proud... I - I mean, I guess, she's - she's a little... hard... t-to contact..." Emerson curled up into herself slightly, wrapping her arms around her stomach and pressing her head against the table. She was trying to keep herself from shaking - let alone, crying - because she really wasn't that weak. Why, why, why was she becoming so fragile? Because he seemed so much emotionally stronger? Not only was that stereotypical, but it wasn't normal of her. She could look him in the eye. She could have an intelligent conversation with him. She could keep her emotions out of this. Oh, it was just so frustrating... Why was she born with emotions anyway? Emerson already couldn't feel guilt... she didn't need the others either. Or memories. Or anything. It was just too painful.

That didn't stop the sudden onrush of past events in her mind, though.

"And daisies, Mother?" Emerson said, gently plucking the mentioned flower and threading it behind her mother's ear. The older woman laughed and lifted the braid she had spent the last fifteen minutes working on, lovingly twisting her hands throughout Emerson's hair and adding little wildflowers for her own, special touch. "As many as I can carry. But daisies are my favorite flower, Emery, why would they be at your wedding?" The ten-year-old turned towards her mother, wrapping her arms around her and inhaling the scent of orange blossoms and fresh spring days and warm bread, burying her face into hair the color of roasted chestnuts with the texture of clouds. "Because my favorite are amaranths, and they're not really lovely flowers. They mean 'love lies bleeding' in flower language... which isn't very romantic. And plus, I want there to be a reason for you to come to my wedding." Emerson pulled away from the hug and shot her a smile, causing the other to sigh and roll her eyes, eyes of the warmest brown, the color of cocoa served on a cold December night. "Emery. You say that like I wouldn't show. You're my daughter." The soothing, soft words were coupled with a soothing, soft touch, her hand cupping her cheek and sliding down underneath her chin. "I'll never let such an important event pass me by. I'm going to see my grandchildren, remember? What did you name them, again?" She stopped, laughing and running her other free hand through her hair. "Theodore and Terra? I'm not missing out on that, I refuse. I'm going to your wedding and I promise you that." A kiss to the forehead sealed the deal, binding the promise to the both of them until the moment it was completed or no longer could be...

... She had forgotten that. She had forgotten all about that. Her mother's promise to be there at her wedding, regardless of anything. Suddenly, the memory of Elizabeth Andersen-Rilles was fresh in her mind, as if the woman was standing right beside her. As if she'd never been taken from her in the first place. "I... I - I..." Emerson suddenly couldn't see, the world around her blurred to nonexistence, and suddenly the air felt like there wasn't any oxygen in it. She quickly reached down under the table to retriever her purse, trying to fight the impulse to lose it completely. It took more effort than she thought, but she managed to lift her head and look Ludwig straight in the eye... or, at least, the general area where she remembered his face was. "I... I'm so sorry... I-It's not y-you. It's me. I just... I just need a m-moment... I'll be right back... alright?" She could feel the first of the tears slide down her cheek, but she smiled at him regardless, trying to reassure him before taking her leave as swiftly and as calmly as she could, using the door to her left into the gardens to make her escape. Emerson made sure to not falter, not to fall, until she could turn around and not see the ballroom behind her, until all she could see were flowers and shaded tables.

She slowly leaned back against the first table she across, her breathing choked and ragged, moving around the stupid, staring peacocks and reaching into her purse for her blade, letting hardened, drowning stormy eyes run their selves across its silvery surface. Her dear friend... it would always be there for her, in sickness and in health. Until death do us part. She'd only used this particular one once before, but knives were her friends - all of them. They would be there for her. Always and forever. No promises broken. An anguished cry ripped its way from her throat, and before she could truly comprehend the extent of her actions, she'd driven the blade into the table and tore it back out, leaving her eyes locked onto the knife she dangled in between her fingers, completely ignorant of the tears tracking down her face. And it wasn't until a few moments after, when she was sitting curled up on the ground, that she felt a sharp stinging pain run down her arm.

Sometime between now and then, she'd ran the blade down her arm.

She didn't even remember doing it. It was just instinctive - and the fact that such an impulse naturally came to her made her panic, just like she had before that awkward fainting incident. But... that angry side of her, the one fully enraged by just how unfair it all was, was soothed by it, and receded the longer she watched the trail of red leaking down her arm. The second blood was split, she would usually grow calmer, except for those moments when she just couldn't be calmed. This wasn't the case, and eventually all of Emerson's raw, uncontrolled emotions faded, transformed back into something more manageable... when layer two finally blissfully retreated.

Utterly disgusted with herself - even though a long time ago - she had admitted to herself that this was who she was, Emerson shoved the blade back into her purse and buried her head in her arms. Really, she was just so completely off today. And she couldn't lose it like this... not now, of all times. Not in front of Ludwig.

Right then and there, she made a promise to herself: he would never see that side of her, or the other side - none of it. She would never snap like that, not in front of him. He would never know. And everything would be calm again.

{{ooc: So... minor editing turned into, well, a bit of a re-write. Ah well. XD}}
♞Ludwig Beilschmidt♞

User Image

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

The German country was finding the situation to be increasingly unique in and of itself, a rare occasion that left him to ponder on the greater workings of his own habits and reactions that one would only start to consider after a new kind of thought process was brought into light. Still, he couldn’t shake the oddity off that there was some kind of a connection festering between them, like two different wavelengths that complimented each other greatly. Even when Ludwig disagreed with Emerson, she gave him a will to accept her anyway, accept her expressive habits and words. Ludwig couldn’t be waivered so easily from his own outlook though, but just because his own ideas couldn’t be changed so easily didn’t mean he didn’t accept that of others….What his boss had, especially in the past was another thought process as well and even when the boss of a country declared something it didn’t always mean the country and people agreed.

One instance in particular had left behind a horrid imprint that followed Ludwig everywhere for years like a storm cloud, haunting his dreams and making every day seem depressing and dreary. That was about the time Feliciano returned and realized what had become of the German nation afterwards, but even after everything Feliciano managed to pull him out of the hold of despair. It had been the first time he had ever cried for his own sanity…..but that was all in the past now and Ludwig’s boss was no longer that of a complete tyrant.

Shifting topics, Emerson’s observations were keeping her rather amused for the moment as she conformed to the stoic attitude of Ludwig’s own posture. The German had watched this from the corner of his eye a little unnervingly, turning his head with an unreadable stare when her giggles seemed to take over, lighting up her face nicely but briefly before the habitable woman hid behind the long, curly locks of hair. Didn’t all that hair ever distract her or get in her way? It just seemed so bothersome to have long hair in Ludwig’s mind, he wouldn’t tolerate it on himself but somehow others, especially females seemed to handle it just fine. Well and it wasn’t as if such healthy hair was….unattractive. On the contrary it was very suitable for Emerson. Ludwig wasn’t the best at finding gifts but if he had to give her one maybe it could be an assortment of hair ties. Ludwig blinked at the innocent thought, gift giving was meant for something else. Wasn’t it?

The German brushed his wondering thoughts aside as Emerson spoke up, initially expecting the girl to go on a tangent about how wonderful smiling was in her own defense but instead her words took on something a little more understanding and pleasant. Justifying a simple smile as something of value to her, Ludwig seemed uncertain how to handle the words. ‘…a hint for the future- they work on me.’

Somehow it felt like Emerson had granted him an important secret that wasn’t meant to be taken lightly. It was her last statement that made him straighten as he reverted back to a drill sergeant. “You can’t treat your weakness as something lightly; people could easily use it to their advantage if it fell into the wrong hands. Show no weakness.” Ludwig lectured as he slapped the palm of his hand over his heart. It was true, Ludwig had the habit of taking things too literally sometimes and the underling meaning to her words hadn’t completely settled in yet.

With the conversation taking another turn, and Ludwig’s elbow now resting on the table he listened to the human girl’s family affairs but the German wasn’t one to disregard or become detached from a discussion and appeared completely active in his listening to the point where many in the past had been frightened away from it. He may have given the impression of judgment but he was simply just trying to comprehend everything and sometimes that was the cause for his serious expressions. The blonde waited out the pause that seemed to come over Emerson and whoever this Cornelius fellow was she was still yet to make a decision over the relationship between them or at least until she found the right words. “Well…Ja, I may know what you mean…” Ludwig swallowed gently as he averted his eyes, as if acting like the idea wasn’t a big deal. If Emerson found out about the conflicting thoughts that went on in his mind about a certain Italian then his impulse would be to find the next flight off of this island and as far away from anyone and everyone as possible.

Hoping to get some kind of a clue or answer to an unknown mother, Ludwig let his eyes suddenly fall on Emerson, slightly taken aback from her undeniable stuttering. "I - Well, I... yes. S-She's very proud... I - I mean, I guess, she's - she's a little... hard... t-to contact..." “I don’t under-…Miss Rilles?” The country began, tone rather deep but uncertain until he stopped upon seeing the girl crumble into herself, like a delicate flower withering away during the first drops in temperature from fall.

And that was that…Ludwig had lost his fiancé to a whole other world, somewhere that was probably very precise, somewhere that he hadn’t the knowledge or right to see because it belonged to Emerson and her alone just like his past only belonged to him and no one else in all the worlds. The German was uncertain on how to treat the prominent dilemma seeping into Emerson eyes more and more and he didn’t know what else to do but force a stiff hand to draw further into her field wondering if a simple touch or tap of the shoulder would help her in some way.

His eyebrows sunk with a grim realization as the girl looked straight up towards him, allowing him to see the extent of her anguish in those light irises. Emerson’s mother was not on this plane anymore….she did not exist anymore, or in a human’s case passed away into death. That was the conclusion Ludwig came up with as Emerson finally spoke again, stuttering violently, looking so incredibly confused and unaware of her own surroundings anymore. Ludwig drew his hand away quickly as the woman grabbed her purse and started to stand up.

The blonde was silent as Emerson offered her apologies and announced her leave, his mind going on high alert by the wetness of gleaming tears that began to coat her eyes. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words were uttered to the point where Ludwig finally gave up and nodded his respects, allowing Emerson to go on her way as she pleased.

Alone and guilt-stricken now, Ludwig hadn’t even noticed that Feliciano and his fiancé had made their leave until everything felt so quiet and he looked around now, the pair nowhere to be seen. The tall man had never felt so awkward seated by himself while everyone else continued to mingle together. Normally he was so used to it, used to being alone and to himself and it was actually nice not having the chaos of others talking all around him when he could be reading a book or working out but now the situation was completely different. Ludwig rubbed his forehead as sat by at the decorative table, wondering if he was supposed to follow or if it would be better to give her time alone. He had no real clue for how to handle such a predicament, how he should be approaching this issue with Emerson. She was clearly re-experiencing a great loss, so it was safe to say that she needed someone to pick her back up from the despair, right? She couldn’t go on like this, she could dwindle in the past like he used to, and it would continue to bring harm to her body and health.

Taking a long nervous gulp of water from his own cup Ludwig forced himself up to his feet, avoiding the gazes of other countries that stared at him peculiarly, probably wondering why he looked so anxious but he only ignored them and continued his way out passed the glass double doors into the light of day. He took in the scenery around and flourishing abundance of the garden with a new appreciation but his site seeing didn't last for long when he lowered his gaze to discover a figure curled up into what seemed to be a painfully tight ball of emotional burdens.
Hesitant, the German took his advancement slowly, keeping his presence quiet with only the brush of grass under his feet to give him away with each step. Sure enough, Ludwig was beside her now, standing tall as he rubbed his neck awkwardly. “Um…you want to….talk about it?” Ludwig ventured stiffly, biting his lip immediately. His eyes were rolled off in a different direction until he let his neck fall to the side and there his eyes followed to see Emerson well hidden under her hair and face planted into her knees.

It was at that moment in time that he saw the deep scarlet color flowing down her arm like a gentle stream in the countryside except this wasn't something to fathom over, quite the opposite. The sky blue eyes suddenly widened along with dilating pupils as Ludwig went from being hesitant and stiff to kneeling and forcing himself further into her space with no prior consideration. He took her wrist in his grip moving the arm away from her body so he could see the full extent of the damages.

“Emerson, what is the meaning of this? You should have told me if you were hurt.” Ludwig explained seriously as he ran his gaze down the longitudinal cut, trying to decipher what the cause and source of the cut was. Ludwig grew puzzled by his own observation as he looked from the cut to Emerson thoughtfully. The man’s silence was clear as day that he planned to keep the thoughts to himself if only not to upset Emerson….well…and also not to make any false accusations.

“...Vell, no point sitting here and wasting time.” Ludwig sighed as he took both her petit hands in his own. “Up you go.” The German directed as he hoisted her back up to her feet. He kept his mind set on the task at hand and therefore refusing to pay any mind to the fact that he was deliberately using physical contact to touch and help her up. All that really mattered was her well-being and that’s what he planned to ensure.

Pulling the military coat from off his shoulders Ludwig used it to shield Emerson’s wound from onlookers. It was hung very low over Emerson’s torso down past her hips but it would have to do for now as the German stepped away and gestured for her to follow him. “Come, I have a first aid kit in the hotel room…” Ludwig added as he led the way back inside the ballroom.

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

For every question,
there is an answer.
For every problem,
there is a solution.
For everything else,
there is an explanation.

((OOC: Really sorry for taking so long, I kept getting busy during my free time, ugh and I'm sorry if my writing isn't that great at the moment ))

Generous Reveler

6,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

I'VE BEEN COLD ... IN TH E CRYPT.

but not as cold as the w ords across your lips...

emerson MARGUERITE rilles

YOU'LL BE SORRY, BABY... SOME DAY.

when you reach across the bed where my body used to lay...

you left me here like a chalk outline on the sidewalk waiting for the rain to wash me away... wash me away...
you keep coming back to the scene of the crime but the dead can't speak and there's nothing left to say anyway...
all you left behind... is a chalk outline.

She really couldn't deny the sudden shock that ran through on hearing his voice. Because she hadn't expected him to actually follow her, she never expected anyone to follow her... ever. Most people gave her a wide berth when they saw she was in a bad mood (Nessa didn't really count - she gave everyone a wide berth), and would ask her about it the next day, or even next week.

No one ever actually followed her and asked.

That alone warmed her up to the possibility - he was different, and considering how aloof a good portion of her friends were, that difference was stark. It's what made their bond so deep - the ten of them, because they were friendships they had to work at. Trophy rooms they'd spent years adding to, congregating all of their companions' secrets and dreams, fears and worries. It was a delicate, interwoven system they had... and ever since she'd met Nessa, 14 years ago, it had been a system she'd been used to. They didn't have to comfort each other immediately, and merely having someone acknowledge it was comfort enough. It was odd, and a bit detached. But for them, it worked.

This was completely different.

She was drawn out of her state of shock though when he knelt down beside her and grabbed her arm. Granted, it wasn't forceful - urgent would be the better word - but it was completely unexpected... and of course, she always reacted brilliantly to unexpected things. "A-Agh!" Her head shot up and she turned to look at him for a moment, noticing that it's wasn't her he was looking at (and that they were rather close, but she tried so hard to ignore this)... but as she traced his gaze with her own she saw why he'd grabbed her wrist: her arm. Her bleeding arm, thanks to the dear friend lying sound asleep in her purse, in wait to be used again.

She flinched and turned away, ducking underneath her hair yet again (honestly, at this point in her life Avogardo's number would be too small to count the number of times she did this).

This sent her mind into a panicked overdrive, and she almost snatched her arm back, fully aware of how awful this looked. A disturbed, upset girl disappears for a few moments to recover and suddenly has a cut down her arm? That wasn't there when she left? The implications were clear - and Emerson swore under her breath for actually being stupid and impulsive enough to do such a thing. "I normally don't do things like that... it's usually someone else. But I can't tell him that, it's awful either way! And if he asks, I'll have to lie. Which I CANNOT stand. And lies are not a solid foundation for any relationship, friendly or not. I know this."

But the true fear was, of course, even if she said her words in an ambiguous way, he could discover it. Those eyes... those were the eyes of a person who could look into your soul and steal your secrets. As silly as Nessa had sounded back then, when Emerson had found out about her best friend's aversion to eye-contact, suddenly - it made sense.

She chanced a glance up at him, just in time to see those blue eyes scanning her, utterly silent. "He's... not... drawing CONCLUSIONS, is he?!" she thought, having half a mind to correct him... as soon as she thought of the right words to say. Sometimes, she really cursed her honest nature - her life would be so much easier if she could actually LIE. "W-wasting time...? was the only thing she could sputter out, and that seemed like it was going to be it for the moment, because right after he said that... he grabbed her hands and pulled her to her feet.

It wasn't the sudden move that stunned her... it was the touch. It just felt natural... like two things were supposed to go together, like roses with romance. It reminded her instantly of the first time she'd actually got to hold Nessa's hand for once (the girl kept moving them whenever she tried), and Nessa had been the one to comment that their hands fit together perfectly. That was the day they had, after two years, cemented their eternal friendship.

And considering Emerson's opinion of her now... this, didn't bode well.

Emerson flushed deeply, busying her hands with the sleeve of Ludwig's jacket to give her something to do, as the two of them walked in the direction of the hotel room. She desperately wanted to say something to vindicate herself - about the cut, her silence, anything - but her mouth was glued shut, only able to stammer out the stupidest of things. She wasn't sure if the situation was tongue-tying her or if he was... but it needed to stop. They arrived at the hotel room faster than she'd expected, maybe because she wasn't paying a bit of attention, just silently following him, stewing in her emotions again.

It was just as they stepped into the room fully, that the rush of words assaulted her brain so fast, she had to speak some of them, clear them from her mind so she could properly think again.

"... I'm... sorry. She choked out, just barely managing to keep herself from crying again. "I have the awful feeling I'm just going to be a burden to you. How can I compare? I mean, 'Show no weakness?' " she said, a giggling slipping out of her even thought at that particular moment, it just sounded so demented - "I can afford to tell mine... I'm weak as it is." She paused for a moment, throwing her hands up in a gesture of mock surrender, only to wince at the slight stinging in her arm. "And clumsy on top of that... Oh, well...! ... I guess." She knew how this sounded right now, this mixture of playful self-depreciation and lingering sadness, it sounded odd at its very best, deranged at its worst.

... How had people not guessed it yet? It was still a shock to her.

"I'm sorry I didn't mention it, the cut, I mean... It only just happened... I barely even remember how. I just... wasn't paying that much attention to myself, obviously..." Finally! Took her long enough to come up with an explanation, even it was a little bit vague compared to her better works. She starting tugging on one of her curls, twisting it around her finger as she bit her lower lip. "And... danke... again. F-For trying to comfort me. My friends usually just leave me alone when I'm upset or something... I mean, we just work that way, all of us. And if it needs to be mentioned we bring it up later, but that's really - that's the extent of it, really. No one's actually comforted while I was upset... Oh." Another embarrassed blush stained her cheeks again, not as badly as before but it was still very noticeable. "Ah, now I've done it... I just made them sound like they were terrible friends... they're not, obviously. It's just... I'm used to it. My best friend's such a loner it cripples her ability to have everyday conversations... n-not with me, but strangers and acquaintances and such... so she's no good at that sort of thing. Actually," she gushed, finally realizing the connection. "she's a lot like you. W-Well... ah, no. That would imply you're seriously social inept... A-And you're not. T-Trust me, you... y-you're not! That would be assuming things... and I only just met you and... oh, LISTEN to me!" It only then occurred to her just how much utter nonsense she'd been spewing ever since she'd finally broken that crippling seal of silence, and she sighed and fluttered her eyes shut, inwardly wondering exactly what was wrong with her head.

Besides the obvious.

"I - I should have kept quiet..." she murmured. Emerson opened one eye, placing her hand on the back of her hand as she turned away to stare at the carpeting. "C-Can I just say this is an off day for me? I... normally I'm not this emotional... or - or silly. Or mind-bogglingly stupid." The last three words were said with a surprising amount of venom, even for her, but she thought nothing more of it - she WAS rather ticked at herself.

Ah, off days. The key to making an already unique individual even more charming.

{{ooc: It's fine, seriously. And I loved it anyway. I'm a bit sarcastic and tongue-in-cheek with my posting, yours is more poetic and serious. It's a great compliment, really. ^^ ... And now I'm wondering if Emerson's friend Nessa is ACTUALLY the socially inept one here. }}
♞Ludwig Beilschmidt♞

User Image

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Leading on silently out of the noise and chatting of the grand ballroom into the hall, Ludwig hadn’t even a clue of what to say now. So he managed to persuade Emerson to follow him without protest, which meant he was doing something right? She didn’t tell him off, she didn’t run away, she accepted his jacket….that meant he made the right choice after all. Still, that didn’t give him an answer for the silence that washed over Emerson like a cold shower stifling her words from escape.

The question she managed to stutter beforehand had made him question her own level of awareness in which he had promptly answered. “Correct, ve don’t vant to vaste time out here vhen your arm needs treated.” Wasn’t that obvious…? Ludwig didn’t state such words though, realizing he would be losing himself to insensitivity once again. The poor girl was grieving, of course she wouldn’t be thinking clearly, who would be?

Even as they entered the elevator and stood by awkwardly beside each other waiting for the doors to open up to the third floor, Ludwig was still lost for what to say as he stood completely still staring at the buttons in the elevator. To the German everything was ticking by so slowly, and it was almost painful how long it took before he heard the ding of the door opening. As he gestured her out, it was the first time Ludwig had laid eyes on her since they were outside and….her face was shaded again with redness. He looked away quickly pretending that he didn’t see and continued onward to their room.

Opening the door with a room key that had been snugged away in his pocket, Ludwig didn’t dwindle by Emerson’s side long before proceeding to the other side of the room where he rummaged through his own bag. He was growing ever more desperate for some way to consult this girl that he barely even knew without his own judgment and perceptions getting out of hand. From the far end of the room, knelt beside his bag the blonde opened his mouth to speak until he was cut short by an apology that seemed to come out of thin air.

"I have the awful feeling I'm just going to be a burden to you. How can I compare? I mean, 'Show no weakness?' "

The words that escaped were replaced with a hopeless laughter that left Ludwig to blink suddenly as his hands ceased to sort through the bag for a brief moment. He wasn’t used to this, hearing someone speaking so openly. Other people and even his fellow countries didn’t question themselves in front of him, to them he was only good at scolding and telling them to suck it up and therefore, they shut themselves off from him emotionally. Never did they try to seek some sort of understanding or consolation from him directly. Emerson was setting off a new trend it seemed… doing the exact opposite and more…she was being unnervingly honest with him, even to go as far as to confess herself a burden to him. She admitted it, she admitted she was weak and yet that seemed to make all the difference to Ludwig…

The German went back to searching, retrieving the first aid from the lower corner of the bag as Emerson continued to bring herself down a little further each time she spoke. “Emerson…” Ludwig stated, his voice monotone and serious but she had already started to speak again. This time she was back to the other issue of how such a cut was produced. Though, Ludwig found it interesting that she couldn’t exactly pinpoint how it happened… had she really been so distraught?

"And... danke... again. F-For trying to comfort me. My friends usually just leave me alone when I'm upset or something... I mean, we just work that way, all of us. And if it needs to be mentioned we bring it up later, but that's really - that's the extent of it, really. No one's actually comforted while I was upset... Oh." Ludwig’s face suddenly heated up the more Emerson spoke in such a way, as lines began to form over his brow in quivering embarrassment. And all this time he assumed the opposite, going out of his way just this once in hopes of comforting her the ‘right’ way when in fact no one did that to begin with.

“I…I see.” Ludwig blushed, waiting for the redness to settle. Damn it, how was I supposed to know that?? he thought in distress before forcing his thoughts to calm as he stood back to his feet. “So that is not the acceptable way then….” Ludwig concluded, avoiding Emerson’s eyes now as he opened the first aid on the table and pulled out the necessary supplies. Disinfectant and bandages. The cut was rather long so little band aids wouldn’t be of much help in the circumstance.

As Emerson quickly began to defend and explain her friends behavior, Ludwig realized that she hadn’t even stopped talking since they arrived in the room. She was practically stating everything that was running through her stream of consciousness at that current moment and Ludwig was beginning to wonder if he should say something to calm her down before her stress escalated any further….or at least tell her to take a breather.

The German continued his stoic, silent demeanor anyway as he poured disinfectant on the clean rag provided and approached Emerson with it, discarding his jacket from off of her and retrieving the arm he needed, all the while listening to Emerson relieve herself of thoughts and feelings that seemed to have bottled up thoroughly during the awkward walk back to their room.

“Is that so….?” Ludwig raised his eyebrow partially on realization that she was comparing him to her best friend and looked back at Emerson for the first time since they had arrived inside. In other words, her friend had the same social tendencies as himself….socially inept. Ludwig didn’t need someone to tell him that, he always knew he acted differently from others but that was because he considered everyone else irrational and unorganized in their endeavors…well and he did have a difficult time speaking to others freely. Sure, he got embarrassed a bit easily sometimes but it was all to protect himself from the critique of others especially after everything that had happened to him in the past. Well, and truthfully people just simply annoyed him easy, so being alone seemed like the best solution to that problem.

The German shook his head, waving the girl’s worry and embarrassment off as if it didn’t phase him in the least, she was obviously flustered and was saying things she didn’t entirely mean. Ludwig wiped down the length of the cut and then continued to pat it down, putting pressure on the cut so the disinfectant would soak into the wound further.

"C-Can I just say this is an off day for me? I... normally I'm not this emotional... or - or silly. Or mind-bogglingly stupid."

The pause after these words gave Ludwig the indication that he could step in now, his silence no longer overtaking him as he began to unroll the bandage. “Ok, let’s get a few things straight….” The blonde looked back at Emerson, up from the bandage he was tending to make sure he had her attention. “First of all, you are not stupid and I refuse to let you speak as if zat vere true.” He replied seriously, his stare discouraging her from saying otherwise.

Ludwig looked down again as he unraveled the bandage, beginning to circle it around Emerson’s arm easily like he had done it a hundred times before “Secondly…You couldn’t possibly be as weak as you lead yourself on to be….it’s true zat you have much improvement to make but…if you are brave enough to say such honest things to me then I find more strength then veakness in that….” Ludwig paused, wondering if Emerson knew what he meant, his hand continuing to move over and around her arm, brushing the softness of skin each time with his progression. “…I’m referring to your humility by the vay.” Ludwig finished as he ripped the bandage, the sound rather loud and rough but with no harm done as he tied it off.

“Thirdly…” he announced, before she could make a move to respond. His voice changed slightly into a low hesitance as he released her arm and took a step back as he commonly did when individual proximities were a little too close for comfort. “If I am as similar to your friend as you believe….then vould this friend agree with me zat you…. talk a lot when you are trying to hide something from zem?” Ludwig spoke inquiringly but his expression couldn’t hold much control, not by such tender words that could have a variety of reactions involved and his eyes softened and jaw unclenched as he swallowed.

“I’m sorry…it’s just…about your mother… you seemed so upset.”
He wasn’t going to bring up the cut incident for now, what really mattered was why she had gotten so upset in the first place. He might have crossed the line but how else were they supposed to handle what all had happened. Besides he had already crossed the norm of simply coming outside to consult her…He always had to finish what he started so how was this any different?

Ludwig rubbed his neck as he turned away to put the materials away, leaving Emerson to ponder his question for a moment. When everything was put back neatly in his bag Ludwig looked up to see the glint of sunlight coming out of the sides of the curtains and the room suddenly seemed so dim with only the lamps to provide light. The curtains were a thick, dark red fabric for keeping the sun from seeping through into the room and it made Ludwig almost forget how nice it was outside today.

“We should go on a walk, talk outside….wouldn’t you agree?” Ludwig asked finally. “It’s better than lingering in here…” He sighed for obvious reasons. For one they were very…very alone in this room…and still with only one bed which continued to irritate the Germany immensely but also because the fresh air and warm weather provided by the island would do some good right about now.

"Hmm...?" Ludwig waited, as he folded his arms looking back in Emerson's direction. He lowered his chin slightly as he forced his lips to curve barely only to twitch slightly. The German seemed to give up as he averted his eyes and faked a little cough.

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

For every question,
there is an answer.
For every problem,
there is a solution.
For everything else,
there is an explanation.

((OOC: Ah thanks. Haha oh Emerson so easily flustered, it's adorable.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff