Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Genius

2,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
This is something I've been working on for a long time, it's rather long, but I'd like input and opinions on anything to make it flow better.... any likes or dislikes, I take criticism fairly well so please, don't hold back... assuming anyone is even going to read this XP

The Broken Petals of a Bleeding Heart
Prologue

The entire court was busy preparing for the evening to come. The king sat at his chair watching over the servants, he wanted me make sure absolutely everything was perfect.

A messenger approached the king, bowed and whispered in his ear. He stood from his throne, tall and noble, his silver hair, not a sign of his age, but of his courage. He was not old by any means nor did he look it. His beard covered his strong jaw and it laid neatly in its' place. He had changed over the years, he was once a ruthless king, demanding obedience and loyalty, he became the loving king the realm desired. "My guests will arrive at the setting of the west sun," his voice was strong and deep, all of the servants turned to him, "I expect things to be much further along when I return." he turned to the messenger and nodded.

As he walked down the hallway, the sunshine set a glow on the walls as the sky turned from blue the orange and pinks that spread to the horizon. The hallway was wide, guards stood every twenty feet or so, saluting the king as he passed. The servants, all running up and down the halls for the evening, all stood against the wall and bowed at sight of the king.

He stopped at a large wooden door and motioned the guard to let him through. He opened the door to the sight of a beautiful young woman, a Demi-human. Her hair fell to the middle of her back and was a golden brown with the slightest kiss of red that gleamed when the sun brushed off it which kinked and curled and twisted at the tips. A single rose held up part of her hair, matching her dress. Pearls lined the top and waist, lace connected the strapless dress to a necklace she wore tightly around her neck. Her cat ears and tail were as white as the pearls she wore. She looked at the king with eyes as blue as sapphires, "Léandre," her voice was soft, sweet and fell gently on your ears, one could not help but smile at the sound of her voice.

"Valora, my queen," he held his arms out to embrace his wife, calmness overcame Léandre as he affectionately held Valora.

"Can we not discuss this Léandre? Or at the very least postpone it?"

"I promise you, this is for the best. Liam is a good boy, I have known his father since childhood."

"It's not that, I feel as though Asher should also have a suitor before any proposal is made for Aurora."

"We have several opportunities, and if you wish, you may accompany me next week to decide," he kissed her on the forehead, "but the day we present Aurora to the nobles in the west, but it is also Asher and Aurora's fourth birthday, it's a day to celebrate."

Valora smiled in agreement. "Now," Léandre spoke softly, "see to it that the children are ready, our guests will be arriving soon."

The west sun set and the sky faded from a dusty orange to the star lit sky. The moons glowed, illuminating the palace and all of the guests that had begun to arrive with their gifts. The music played as the night wore on, dances were danced, laughs were had, and silence became the palace as the trumpets flared. Léandre stood at his table, "Tonight is a pleasure and a gift, where is Landon?"

A man stepped through the crowd, a young boy, no older than six stood behind him, clinging to his father's trousers, pretending to be invisible.

Léandre smiled, "And this is Liam?" he held out his left hand to the young boy, walking him in front of the long table where his family sat along the other side. He held out his other hand to Aurora, bringing her to the front of the table. He stood there a moment, Liam on his left and Aurora to his right. "Landon here, is my oldest childhood friend." he went on, regaling times in their mischievous childhood, he looked to Liam, seeing his father and smiled, "Aurora, this is Liam, your future husband."

Aurora, let go of her father's hand and took a step toward Liam, "Are you the Duke of Verboten?"

"I am," the boy spoke quietly.

"Then I should like to kiss you now." The crowd awed as Aurora reached up on tip-toes and kissed Liam on his cheek, and then - darkness.
Are there more chapters to this story or is that it? Curious to see what happens next if there is :3
Really really good by the way ^.^

Distinct Genius

2,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
OMGMANGA
Are there more chapters to this story or is that it? Curious to see what happens next if there is :3
Really really good by the way ^.^

Yeah, the story has 17 chapters (plus the prologue) but I'm still working on them.... you don't think it doesn't need anything?
Im not a professional story checker or anything like that lol but its perfect how it is to be honest with you, It pretty much has everything it needs in my eyes smile

Distinct Genius

2,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Chapter 1 is still under construction.... Advice, input, likes or dislikes are greatly appreciated....

The Broken Petals of a Bleeding Heart
Chapter 1 Aftershock
Aurora

She sat on the log that hung over the river, as she dangled her toes in the cool clear water; she stared at the locket with the picture of her mother and father.

She looked so much like her mother it was almost as if looking into a mirror. Her ruby lips made roses ashamed to be in her presence. Her sapphire blue eyes could pierce through you and show you her innocence of youth, her passion, her kindness and her love. She was short for a Demi-human, her fox ears and her shoulder length hair were a golden brown with the slightest kiss of red that gleamed when the sun brushed off it which kinked and curled and twisted at the tips. The tip of her tail and ears were as white as a freshly fallen snow.

The same could not be said about her twin, he may have been her brother, but they could not have been further from each other. His hair had a darker brown tint to it and his eyes closer resembled the blue of the deep ocean in the darkness of the night rather than her brightness. His ears and tail, a darker grey like that of the wolves that howl each night at the shining moons.

She wondered what her brother could be doing at that moment. She hadn't fully adjusted to the world outside her home and having her brother with her might have helped.

Her ears twitched back as she became alert. A young man came around one of the tree's, "Liam" she gasped, "You startled me."

"I'm sorry Aurora, I didn't mean too..." he saw the locket, "i-is that..."

She sighed and closed the locket, placing it in the pocket of the cloak she wore, "Please, call me Ari..." she gazed upward, seeing the sunshine through the trees, "It may help if there was at least some part of me that I know."

Liam walked onto the log and sat next to Aurora, "It... it isn't as bad as it seems Ari."

She smiled slightly, "I had friends, I had a family," her eyes teared up, "I had a life... and in an instant, it's gone. Not only is it gone, but I find out, it was never real. For twelve-almost thirteen years, my life was a complete lie. The only part that had any truth to it was my brother, and he's missing..."

As Liam adjusted himself on the log, he put his arm around Aurora in a comforting manor, "We'll find him Ari, I promise," he leaned in to kiss her on the cheek but stopped just before he reached her.

Aurora glanced to Liam from the corner of her eyes and a very subtle smile went across her face, "Thanks Liam," she rested her head on his shoulder, "That means a lot to me..."

"We should be going!" An old voice called out as an old man walked through the clearing heading towards the river. His long white eyebrows hung low and covered his eyes, the sturdy cane he used to walk in his right hand. He walk forward, hunched over as he did though surprisingly smooth. He did not trip, stumble or hesitate any of his steps.

Aurora and Liam both looked to the old man, one with a small amount of determination, the other, almost sad. Liam stood up on the log and held out a hand to Aurora which she graciously took. She stood to her feet, almost tripping on the log, but Liam was quick, catching her before she could fall and pulling her in close, "It's alright," he whispered into her fox-ear, "I've got you..."

Aurora was so close to Liam, she could feel his heart beating. She started breathing heavily as she looked up into his steely blue eyes. For a moment, time seemed to stop for the two, that was until their heads were met with the old mans cane, "Sooner is better than later!" The old man had an annoyed look to his face. Liam and Aurora both held their heads where the cane had hit them, "Was that really necessary?" Liam asked.
Wow, that got me extremely interested and there has to be more! biggrin
Seems like the story line is really in-depth and it sounds so adventurous and exciting that I really wanna read more. So definitely keep up the amazing work smile

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
That's what I called a medieval romance story. I love it. Keep up the good work!

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
This is very good. There is little for me to even correct. The only mistake I saw was that you use commas a lot. I've put in a few examples of where you did, when a period might be better.

Quote:
Her ears twitched back as she became alert. A young man came around one of the tree's, "Liam" she gasped, "You startled me."

"I'm sorry Aurora, I didn't mean too..." he saw the locket, "i-is that..."

Her ears twitched back as she became alert. A young man came around one of the tree's. "Liam" she gasped. "You startled me."

"I'm sorry Aurora, I didn't mean too..." He saw the locket. "I-is that..."

In this example, you have the sentences continuing when they should have been at a stop.

Quote:
Aurora was so close to Liam, she could feel his heart beating. She started breathing heavily as she looked up into his steely blue eyes. For a moment, time seemed to stop for the two, that was until their heads were met with the old mans cane, "Sooner is better than later!" The old man had an annoyed look to his face. Liam and Aurora both held their heads where the cane had hit them, "Was that really necessary?" Liam asked.

Aurora was so close to Liam, she could feel his heart beating. She started breathing heavily as she looked up into his steely blue eyes. For a moment, time seemed to stop for the two, that was until their heads were met with the old man's cane, "Sooner is better than later!" The old man had an annoyed look to his face.

Liam and Aurora both held their heads where the cane had hit them. "Was that really necessary?" Liam asked.

The red part means I know there is something you can do besides a comma to make that section flow better, but I don't know what. Either a dash or something. You also have a break between the action that leads to the old man hitting them and Liam's question. I made it a separate paragraph to show that there is two sections.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff