Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Girl

I would check the comm sales; then you can look for something that you're positive you'll like instead of getting a surprise.

superjered's Love Of My Life

Fashionable Shopper

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Let us know how it went! What happened? smile

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kitten Morris
User Image

Thank you very much! cat_biggrin I sent a join request, so hopefully I'll get a response. Being in the states is a lot nicer, though I'm a patient person by nature, so waiting has never been an issue with me. Also, I don't mind Bam's post, I usually tend to ignore people who don't want to act their age. cat_3nodding

User Image

Please be careful buying from that group. A lot of people who have been banned from other communities sell there. I have bought about six items on there. One was badly inkstained and is essentially unwearable. A second was described as in like-new condition but came massively pilled with pulled seams. And a third was literally COVERED in blood. I screamed when I saw it, it was so gross. The other three items arrived fine, but I feel like a 50% chance of getting an alarming item is too high to really recommend them.

egl_comm_sales and eBay are safer, since they have protections to keep scammers and awful sellers away. If you buy from the FB group request outside feedback and if they can't provide it (or have an empty page), please stay away. And DON'T pay with PP's gift option- if you do that, you won't get buyer protection if a transaction goes south.

I'm with the above posters, though, by buying used you can usually get a full outfit (or several full outfits) for the cost of an LP. This past year alone I've bought $30 skirts, $15 cutsews, $5 pairs of socks, and $50 dresses- all new with tags. If you're careful and patient you can build a wardrobe you like on the cheap instead of settling for something that you don't like as much just because it came in a cheapo grab bag.

Precious Treasure

12,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
  • Love Machine 150
wonderfinch
Please be careful buying from that group. A lot of people who have been banned from other communities sell there. I have bought about six items on there. One was badly inkstained and is essentially unwearable. A second was described as in like-new condition but came massively pilled with pulled seams. And a third was literally COVERED in blood. I screamed when I saw it, it was so gross. The other three items arrived fine, but I feel like a 50% chance of getting an alarming item is too high to really recommend them.

egl_comm_sales and eBay are safer, since they have protections to keep scammers and awful sellers away. If you buy from the FB group request outside feedback and if they can't provide it (or have an empty page), please stay away. And DON'T pay with PP's gift option- if you do that, you won't get buyer protection if a transaction goes south.

User Image

I ended up buying a dress from there about a week ago and it went through paypal. She sent me an invoice ticket of some sort. We'll see how it turns out and if it's for the worse, then so be it. It's coming from UK, so I'm not sure how long that takes seeing as I'm in US.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces