Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Gavyn the Mighty
With how it is with the packs, I'd prefer to keep 4* and 5* unsellable. Make 3* sell back at 500, and 1* and 2* sell back at 100 and 200 respectively.

Specifically, why? If you are concerned about someone selling a card they may regret later, have a bit of flavor text pop up and announce that what you're doing is likely a bad idea, but if you're trying to get rid of cards go right ahead.

I would prefer to get SOME return on the very few higher rarities I have. Even if it's kept to, say, 50/100/125/150/175.

Beyond that, what effect would someone selling a high-rarity card to the computer have on you?

Malevolent Warlord

11,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Junett
is it just me or did succubus just get damage aura 10? surprised

yep even though they dont admit it, it seems the devs really took the demon faction whiners pleas to heart :s

Malevolent Warlord

11,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Cyrus Lurch
Gavyn the Mighty
With how it is with the packs, I'd prefer to keep 4* and 5* unsellable. Make 3* sell back at 500, and 1* and 2* sell back at 100 and 200 respectively.

Specifically, why? If you are concerned about someone selling a card they may regret later, have a bit of flavor text pop up and announce that what you're doing is likely a bad idea, but if you're trying to get rid of cards go right ahead.

I would prefer to get SOME return on the very few higher rarities I have. Even if it's kept to, say, 50/100/125/150/175.

Beyond that, what effect would someone selling a high-rarity card to the computer have on you?

probably just disappointment when the MP comes out and realize you could've sold it for more essence

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
EIf King
Cyrus Lurch
Gavyn the Mighty

probably just disappointment when the MP comes out and realize you could've sold it for more essence
Which would be 100% on the person who ignores the warning and took the faster, lower return way out.

This mechanism is already in place pretty much anywhere else in Gaia. Don't like your item? You can usually sell them back for a pittance to Gaia. Even soulbound rings in zOMG can be salvaged and the individual orbs sold back.

Witty Gaian

11,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tipsy 100
EIf King
Junett
is it just me or did succubus just get damage aura 10? surprised

yep even though they dont admit it, it seems the devs really took the demon faction whiners pleas to heart :s

Yeah, really.

Revered Inquisitor

Cyrus Lurch
Gavyn the Mighty

Because packs cost more and if you are going to have several multiples of cards that you have no use for (save potentially runes), why not actually get a bit more back for selling them to make it both easier to afford packs in the long run and to make it feel like the extra card has 'purpose'.

Also, not selling back 4* and 5*... especially not that cheap. One reason, how rare they are... do you really think that even if an option existed that people would sell them back for less than 200 essence? That is a stupid assertion. Additioanlly, the marketplace is coming, so even if someone had a spare 5*, they'd make much more there. There is no point to having a 4* or 5* sell back, unless it was around 25,000 essence per... even then, not many would be sold back.

The effect it would have on me, specifically, is that there would be even fewer once the marketplace is going into effect. That would directly effect my ability to have any to purchase. Outside of that, it is a completely stupid idea to sell a 5* back, as you suggest, for literally nothing (175 essence isn't anything... I mean, really? Are you being serious with that suggestion right now?).

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

I am Gavyn the Mighty and I approve of this message.

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Gavyn the Mighty
Cyrus Lurch
Gavyn the Mighty

Because packs cost more and if you are going to have several multiples of cards that you have no use for (save potentially runes), why not actually get a bit more back for selling them to make it both easier to afford packs in the long run and to make it feel like the extra card has 'purpose'.

Also, not selling back 4* and 5*... especially not that cheap. One reason, how rare they are... do you really think that even if an option existed that people would sell them back for less than 200 essence? That is a stupid assertion. Additioanlly, the marketplace is coming, so even if someone had a spare 5*, they'd make much more there. There is no point to having a 4* or 5* sell back, unless it was around 25,000 essence per... even then, not many would be sold back.

The effect it would have on me, specifically, is that there would be even fewer once the marketplace is going into effect. That would directly effect my ability to have any to purchase. Outside of that, it is a completely stupid idea to sell a 5* back, as you suggest, for literally nothing (175 essence isn't anything... I mean, really? Are you being serious with that suggestion right now?).

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

OK, specifically - I want out. I want out of this game, I want out and I would like to get a certain level of return on the "rares" that I have, all four or five of them.

I do not want to sell them on the MP. If I could, I'd dump the entire pile of 205 cards right now for 100 per, call it even, and spend the week cashing essence and never come back again.

Yes. Yes I would take cheap sellback. The game's heading in a direction I don't wish to continue in, and I would very much like the option to drop the time I've spent on it in exchange for gold and walk away.

Revered Inquisitor

Cyrus Lurch
Gavyn the Mighty
Cyrus Lurch
Gavyn the Mighty

OK, specifically - I want out. I want out of this game, I want out and I would like to get a certain level of return on the "rares" that I have, all four or five of them.

I do not want to sell them on the MP. If I could, I'd dump the entire pile of 205 cards right now for 100 per, call it even, and spend the week cashing essence and never come back again.

Yes. Yes I would take cheap sellback. The game's heading in a direction I don't wish to continue in, and I would very much like the option to drop the time I've spent on it in exchange for gold and walk away.

If you want out, leave. Simple as that. If you want out, what makes you think that you are justified in even getting anything for those high end cards that have been stated several times over are not eligible for sell back?

If you would take the cheap sellback, then you are part of the problem, not the solution. A cheap sellback, especially on high end cards, would hurt the game rather than help it. To say it would be someone's own fault for selling it back so cheaply when they could sell it back for more on the marketplace is horrendous. It shouldn't even be an option to get screwed over like that, regardlesss of potential warnings.

Suggesting such a thing is absurd and not thought through.

Seriously though, if you want to leave, leave. Go cash out all of the cards you have, take that essence; the rest of your cards will still be sitting there when the marketpalce comes out. It won't hurt you to spend 15 minutes in the future to put them on a marketplace and actually earn something instead of 'cashing out' now for little to nothing. I doubt anyone will miss you, your behavior or your whining.

there certainly is no place for suggestions that would hurt the game even more though, regardless of how pissed at the game you may be.

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
ROFL so walking away from the cards - thus ensuring that literally nothing good will ever come of them - is "good", but hoping for a small return on them is not?

Wow, *I* need to work on my priorities here?

Revered Inquisitor

Cyrus Lurch
ROFL so walking away from the cards - thus ensuring that literally nothing good will ever come of them - is "good", but hoping for a small return on them is not?

Wow, *I* need to work on my priorities here?

Marketplace is out in a month or so. LMAO. As I said, come back when it comes out and spend 15 minutes cashing them out then. Far better and easier for everyone than screwing over the entire community by putting in horrible sell back rates for cards that have been stated to not be able to be sold back.

Try reading next time, bud.

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
How does putting in a low sellback "screw the community"?

Frankly, I'm never going to list any of my rares - the logic you're using makes that concept innately distasteful to me. I've burned playdecks of real cards to make a point (use plenty of lighter fluid), if I had the option here I'd probably take it.

My hope was to take the time I've spent playing the game and get a nice parting gift from it. I don't want to have to come back and spend "fifteen minutes" listing 205 separate cards, researching possible sale values on each one, and then pissing everyone off when I just undercut every single card I'm selling so I can just be done with it. If I'm forced to list through an MP, I'm just not coming back, period.

This isn't a moral judgement against you. You gain nothing - other than my absence - and lose nothing - other than my presence - if I can sell my cards and be done.

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Does being able to sell orbs at 1g per "screw the zOMG community"?

Does being able to sell RIG items back to Gaia rather than on the MP "screw the MP community"?

Does being able to sell fish rather than force them through the aquarium or MP system "screw the aquarium community"?

How does removing an unlimited - though restricted - resource from play that was never going to enter the market stream remotely affect you? If I stay around, I'm never going to sell the card in any case.

Revered Inquisitor

Cyrus Lurch

Frankly, I'm never going to list any of my rares - the logic you're using makes that concept innately distasteful to me. I've burned playdecks of real cards to make a point (use plenty of lighter fluid), if I had the option here I'd probably take it.

My hope was to take the time I've spent playing the game and get a nice parting gift from it. I don't want to have to come back and spend "fifteen minutes" listing 205 separate cards, researching possible sale values on each one, and then pissing everyone off when I just undercut every single card I'm selling so I can just be done with it. If I'm forced to list through an MP, I'm just not coming back, period.

This isn't a moral judgement against you. You gain nothing - other than my absence - and lose nothing - other than my presence - if I can sell my cards and be done.

If you really have done that, not only is it a waste of money, but shows a hell of a lot about your character. It makes you sound like a whiny little brat who has a temper tantrum when they don't get their own way. I truly hope that is wrong, however, because you are one of the minority around here who generally sounds competent and educated when posting.

It 'screws the community' by putting in an option that if used, makes the user look stupid and like they cannot even attempt to make an educated decision. What game would, in their right mind, make it so their community could have the chance to make them look so bad as to screw themselves over. It would be a fault in the game if that were to happen.

I truthfully doubt that you have '205 cards' of rarity 3* and over, I don't even think Kenny or Billeh does. If you do, more power too you... but hoping for something quick to cash out those high end cards, when not only it has been said wont happen any time soon, but would insult the community to have that option... is absurd. You could cash out your 1* and 2* now.

Coming back for 15 minute would be all you need. if you really want to leave as badly as you do, and still get worth out of your cards. List them all for 1000 essence. Much better than your desired sell back value, and I assure you that most, if not all would go quick. there wouldn't need to be any research if you truthfully want out of the game quickly... granted, it seems like with research, that yuo would want to profit as much as you could (which again, speaks volumes to how stupid your obscenely low sell back idea is).

Simply put, you can sell back cards now, that have been specified for that sell back. You gain nothing by whining about not being able to in the forums. You can cash out and leave, knowing that you can't cash out cards that were obvious from the get go couldn't be sold back in that manner.

Newbie Warlord

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
They can iterate via the new cards like MtG. :U

Randomly just entirely redistributing most of the existing cards' stats, rarities, and functions should not be the iterations.. IMO.

At this point, much of the knowledge I've accumulated about this game is somewhat useless. Cards that I was attached to are now useless too or changing entirely. </3

I'll get over it, but not if it's gonna be iterated over and over. -.-" I hope they don't.. Some of the stats are pretty off the mark though seemingly. xd
gataka
Knight of the Horizon
gataka
OMGOMGzOMGDDDD:
Knight of the Horizon
Lol why did they destroy MoF? crying
They really need to stop this "Let's halve or double a unit's power" type edits.. xd
That's a balancing trick, kinda like binary search. Small changes are just not noticeable enough.
An iterative design strategy for balancing cards in a TCG? You have to be kidding me.. DX

That means this will probably happen often? Dx

I don't even know what half the cards do any more. :U
Iteration is really the only way to balance any game, especially if complex xD

Just can't compute all the possibilities or the Hooman Factor.

Ideally, the brute of the balance should have happened the moment they got a working prototype if not before, like in paper form, which would lend itself very well to the fights. The strat/map level of play requires too much computation for that thought.

My guess is they did some of that but the game kept on changin' xD

Doubt it'll happen often. I'm expecting a major one after the runes are out, but beyond that, big changes should be rare unless they never manage to get the basics right, so to speak.

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Gavyn the Mighty
Cyrus Lurch

If you really have done that, not only is it a waste of money, but shows a hell of a lot about your character. It makes you sound like a whiny little brat who has a temper tantrum when they don't get their own way. I truly hope that is wrong, however, because you are one of the minority around here who generally sounds competent and educated when posting.

It 'screws the community' by putting in an option that if used, makes the user look stupid and like they cannot even attempt to make an educated decision. What game would, in their right mind, make it so their community could have the chance to make them look so bad as to screw themselves over. It would be a fault in the game if that were to happen.

I truthfully doubt that you have '205 cards' of rarity 3* and over, I don't even think Kenny or Billeh does. If you do, more power too you... but hoping for something quick to cash out those high end cards, when not only it has been said wont happen any time soon, but would insult the community to have that option... is absurd. You could cash out your 1* and 2* now.

Coming back for 15 minute would be all you need. if you really want to leave as badly as you do, and still get worth out of your cards. List them all for 1000 essence. Much better than your desired sell back value, and I assure you that most, if not all would go quick. there wouldn't need to be any research if you truthfully want out of the game quickly... granted, it seems like with research, that yuo would want to profit as much as you could (which again, speaks volumes to how stupid your obscenely low sell back idea is).

Simply put, you can sell back cards now, that have been specified for that sell back. You gain nothing by whining about not being able to in the forums. You can cash out and leave, knowing that you can't cash out cards that were obvious from the get go couldn't be sold back in that manner.

I have 205 cards total. Of which, none are more than the fourth copy I have, and maybe 5-6 are rare.

You're right though. I should just walk away.

Goodbye.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces