Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sonic...

Screwdriver. 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 7 ]
Lipstick. 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 2 ]
The Hedgehog. 0.47058823529412 47.1% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

User Image
This is a private roleplay for HIGH on cough sweets and BlackSplash.
We will exterminate all posters.
User Image
the doctor﹗

( chasing shooting stars )
                                                ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆
                                                racing after rainbows

“Please, please, please allow me to be ginger this time.”

It would come to no surprise to anyone who knew of the doctor that the first thing he said after regeneration was relating to the colour of his hair. He wasn’t sure what it was but something about having ginger hair had always been an attraction to him. Whether it was because it was rare to be ginger or whether it was because he’d never actually been ginger himself, something about the whole concept of being ginger was highly attractive.

“Yes! This time I’m ginger!”

The lights inside of the TARDIS changed colour as the male fell forwards, almost breaking the mirror as his face hit it.

“Or am I strawberry blonde?”

The male managed to stand up straight as the TARDIS continued to throw him about, preventing him from getting a good look at his reflection. From what the doctor had seen so far it was one of those debatable hair colours whereby the light would decide whether people deemed him ginger or not. It was the closest he’d been to ginger so far and until the TARDIS settled down and allowed him a proper look he’d have to be content with his appearance.

“I’m sorry baby. I’ll pay you attention now. You know I still love you,” the doctor muttered as he began pushing buttons and pulling leavers. Again regeneration had left the TARDIS spiralling around in time and space however this time the pushing of buttons and pulling of leavers left the TARDIS groaning like an old machine which was at the end of its life. “Just tell me what to do!” The doctor screamed as he slammed his fist down onto a collection of buttons, hoping for the best. Sadly the best didn’t come and the doctor was sent flying backwards across the TARDIS, ending up a crumpled mess upon the floor.

“Now that was a little bit mean, you have to admit, I didn’t deserve that. Can’t we just get along?” The TARDIS, as though it were trying to give the doctor what he wanted, landed surprisingly smoothly in that moment. There was a thud and the doctor did a little jump but other than that everything about the landing was fine. With all that was going on the doctor had been expecting the TARDIS to throw him out into the middle of space as it blew up. Once before he’d damaged it through regeneration, the doctor hadn’t believed that the TARDIS would last it a second time around.

“I love you baby, don’t you ever forget that. I love you so much,” the doctor whispered as he stood up, his legs uneasy. “I just hope that you love the new me.” Who the new doctor actually was he had yet to find out, thus far the only information that he had was that he may have been ginger or it may have been the light and he was actually strawberry blonde. “Is this ginger discrimination?” The doctor asked as he found his footing, making his way over to the mirror he’d originally been looking in. “If it is you may well want to change the game you’re playing and start afresh with your ideas. Ginger discrimination is not something that you should do; we do have souls you know.” As if to argue with the doctor there was a bang deep within the TARDIS as the smell of burning filled the air. “Oh don’t do that, I already knew that somewhere would be on fire. I’ve seen this once before meaning I know what to expect. This whole ginger thing is new so let me be proud that I finally have what I’ve waited years for.”

The TARDIS seemed to disagree again as smoke filled the air leaving the doctor coughing. “Fine, fine, I’ll just go outside and leave you to get used to the idea. I’ll be back when you can accept me!” The doctor spun on his heels, still unsteady on his new feet. He was tall again, that much he could tell. The fact that when he looked down at his feet and it appeared as though he was wearing clown shoes was enough to show off that. Not that there was anything wrong with being tall as it was rather enjoyable; it meant he could be noticed from afar, it meant people wouldn’t lose sight of him and it meant he could see above heads. On the downside many people would have to look up to him but that was something that he could live with. So he was ginger and tall, that was all he had to go off. Along with the TARDIS didn’t seem to be on his side but that wasn’t necessarily his fault. The doctor didn’t pick to destroy the TARDIS again it was merely a by-product of regeneration.

Oh, and he couldn’t open doors without falling backwards.

That didn’t mean it was a part of his personality though, that could have been linked back to how the TARDIS was against him. Although things were starting to add up inside of his head; he was falling over a lot, he was messing up – as a whole it was the tell-tale signs of being a general klutz. Over the years the doctor had come across many people who he deemed to be klutz but never before had he deemed himself to be one. But as always with the doctor there was a first time for everything. Once again though he was fine with that – being a klutz didn’t mean you would be disliked, in fact many deemed it adorable to some degree – which further allowed him to work out another aspect of his personality. He seemed to be pretty chill about most things – or at least he was chill about himself. Of course that didn’t mean he would be without fault as nothing was perfect it just meant he was unlikely to care.

For once it was pretty easy to work things out about his personality without the aid of another – even in the dark night sky that he was standing under as he listened to the TARDIS fall apart behind him. The only thing that the doctor appeared to be missing was the opinion on someone about his hair colour. Being in the dark when asking people wouldn’t do him much good yet the sooner someone told him that he was ginger the better he would feel about himself. Clearly another part of his personality was to be obsessive. Or maybe it was curious. That he couldn’t quite work out all he knew was that he wished to know what his hair colour was, so with that in mind he turned back around and walked back into the smoke-filled TARDIS to find out.

The doctor, despite being a Time Lord, wasn’t sure how long it took him to patch the TARDIS back up to almost working order but it did waste a lot of his time. Many injuries occurred during this time but luckily there was nothing big like the loss of a limb. There were cuts and bruises with him tripping over nothing at all but soon enough he didn’t even noticed that it was happening; he stopped caring that he was falling over himself. Once done the male found himself a mirror and decided that his hair wasn’t quite ginger yet he wouldn’t argue if other people considered it to be. It was that strawberry blonde, almost brown, hair which had a dark ginger look to it in some light. For the doctor it was as close as he would be getting without adding chemicals to it – and as fun as it sounded to be ginger he had no wish to actually damage his hair. Once deciding that he wasn’t ginger the male went on to access the rest of his new looks. The first thing that came to mind was that he was once again young and rather attractive. He wasn’t the most stunning of men yet he would catch the eyes of quite a few people with the contagious smile he appeared to have. The next thing that occurred was a change in style. His new face needed a new style which was a blue and white check shirt and jeans. The whole suit thing was out of the window. When it came to shoes he was half tempted to fall back into wearing converse however he decided to go with some brightly coloured high-top trainers instead. As a whole he would be a sight to behold by most people within the universe with his young boy look. But, as he was expecting, he wasn’t bothered by such a thing due to the new persona.

Once satisfied with the way that he looked the doctor made his way out of the TARDIS to find that the sky was still dark meaning he’d either spent a whole twenty-four hours inside of the TARDIS or he’d only spent a few moments. Again the doctor found himself not to be bothered by what the actuality of the situation was, instead setting out to find where he was. The male knew he was on Earth, as he always seemed to be whenever regeneration was complete, yet he wasn’t in London – or more specifically the UK. This time he was somewhere else, somewhere further away. It felt like Asia to him yet he couldn’t quite place his finger on where exactly he was. The doctor knew where he would like to be and what time period he would like to be in but there was no promise of that. The doctor didn’t get to pick and choose where he landed and when after regeneration the TARDIS simply plopped him somewhere which usually allowed him to find himself a new friend.

Who was he going to find out in the middle of the night though?

More importantly would his new personality get on with someone who appeared to be more of a night owl?

The answers to the second question was a great distance away however the answer to the first appeared to be relatively close as the doctor picked up on what sounded like grunting. With the second question still burning away in his mind the doctor made his way over to where he could hear the grunting, curious as to what was going on and who he would find. The prospect of a new friend was always something that he welcomed and this time would be no different no matter what the person was doing out at night-

“Well I wasn’t expecting that,” the doctor muttered as he appeared from the trees, eyes locking on a figure sitting at the bottom of a pole. The doctor hadn’t actually been expecting anything at all, but what he found was simply something that would have never crossed his mind if given hours to ponder how he would meet his next friend. “Although I’m not one hundred per cent sure what I’m currently looking at so that does play a part in not expecting to find something. You cannot expect something if you do not know what something is – it’s not logical.” Clearly the doctor also liked to speak out loud now, sharing his thoughts with anything that happened to be nearby. That would be dangerous if there was ever to be enemies around so he’d have to learn to silence certain thoughts.

Also his feet moved without him realising as he was now standing behind the figure at the bottom of the pole which stood at a great height above him. “May I ask what you’re doing with this giant pole and the lovely little arrow sticking out of it?” The doctor asked, his head tilted back and his eyes locked upon the arrow sitting at the top. Tilting your head back wasn’t the most comfortable of things which meant he would need to ensure that his friend wasn’t too short otherwise their neck would hurt from looking up at him all the time. “If you want it down I can easily get it down for you?” The doctor seemed to be willing to help people he didn’t know too; at least he appeared to be a good person so far.

Space Elder

User Image
Fa Mulan
...A girl who's got a brain
Who always speaks her mind...

After yet another failed attempt, Mulan was beginning to wonder whether it was even worth trying again. She'd fallen or slipped so many times that her shoulders were stiff, her back was sore and she was sure she must have bruised her tail-bone by now. Just as she was contemplating packing up her things and beginning the long journey home, she heard a voice from behind her.

"I think that would be missing the point," she replied without thinking, forgetting to disguise her voice. "Though if you have some idea of how to get up there, I'd love to hear it," she said, picking herself up and flinging her arms around the pole for another try. Then she remembered that she was supposed to be a man and quickly cleared her throat and deepened her voice. "Uh, not that I need the help or anything." Just to underline the lie, she failed to get a grip and slid back down the pole.
User Image
the doctor﹗

▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆ ▆▆
                                                racing after rainbows

The doctor gave a light shrug of his shoulders as he returned his gaze to his soon-to-be friend, half tempted to inform her that it wouldn’t be missing the point if nobody was to know about it except for the two of them. Of course such a thing wouldn’t do much good as the female obviously cared about completing the task for some reason or another and he wasn’t going to take that away from her if that was what she wanted, instead he would offer her some ideas. Although which idea the doctor was going to start with was a matter that he wasn’t quite sure of as he had a handful of ideas as to how she could get to the top. The most interesting of ideas, in his opinion, was cutting down the pole with an axe so that she could easily pull the arrow out of the top of the pole once it was lying on the ground. The female, clearly, wouldn’t want to go along with such a plan but for the doctor it was his personal favourite.

“I can see that you don’t need help with the pole climbing,” the doctor told her, shaking his head as she fell to the bottom once more. “I think you may need help with your voice though. Do you have a sore throat or something? I mean you cleared it and then suddenly your voice is much deeper. Then again if that were the case you should have started out deep and then became higher so that theory can go out of the window- Ohhh! I follow now. Looks like I’m a bit slow with things as well this time around. Hopefully it shouldn’t be too much of a problem as I’m still myself which means I can get things done. Well as much of myself as I can be with changing every time. Nonetheless I’m rambling and this will probably be making very little sense to you.” The doctor gave the female a cheeky grin as he took a step towards the pole, giving it a tap.

“You’ll have to excuse me until I get used to this new body as I’ll be a little bit off for a while. Although I am starting to get the feeling that this time I’ll be odder than usual anyway,” the doctor informed the female, taking a step back. “I have an idea of how you can get to the top, if you’re willing to fetch me a few things. You need spikes in the front of your shoes like some mountain climbers do. Wait, that’s too early of an analogy, ignore that, I just need something with a point on the end; maybe a spearhead or an arrowhead, if you can get your hands on such a thing for me. The whole spear or arrow will do if you have no wish to break them off as I can easily do that. Whatever the case once it’s off we can shove it into the front of your shoes and you can use that to stick into the pole and pull yourself to the top allowing you to get your arrow.”

The doctor folded his arms over his chest as his eyes flickered between the arrow at the top of the pole and the female at the bottom. “I do have a few questions for you though – which you can answer either before or after you fetch me these items. My first one is why do you want the arrow and the second being why are you pretending to be a man? I can work out the basics for each quite easily however it’s the specifics that I’m interested in,” the doctor said, giving the female a small wink. “Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me – it’s not uncommon to find women throughout history pretending to be males to get things done. I’ve met very few over my travels which makes this a pleasure for me but at the same time it simply makes me even more interested in your background story.” If he wanted to he could give her all the scenarios he’d already come up with in the few moments since realisation struck however it would be much more interesting if she outwardly told him.

The doctor had a feeling that he was going to be a big fan of listening to stories this time around – something which most wouldn’t match up with the talkative nature that he already seemed to be showing. The doctor, however, knew better than to automatically think that the two could not be connected. In the time that he had spent travelling the universe he’d found that many of the best listeners were those who loved to talk; they knew more, they’d experienced more and best of all they could give the best advice. With that in mind names began appearing in his mind of people who he would love to be like in that sense; amazing people who had the greatest of skills which didn’t seem to go together yet matched perfectly. For the doctor there would be nothing better than such a thing – it would make him another amazing character, both flawed but in being so flawless.

“Of course if you have no wish to share your story with me that is fine but I should probably forewarn you that I will find out somehow. Most likely through throwing scenarios your way until you give up and tell me that I’ve said the actual reason,” the doctor added, the cheeky grin still pulling at his features. From all that he’d seen of the female so far he had a feeling she wouldn’t give in easily if it came around to him speaking nonstop about the scenarios that he’d created. Most of all, the doctor could actually see it getting to that which really wouldn’t be the greatest thing in the universe – no matter how humorous the idea was becoming in his mind.

Space Elder

User Image
Fa Mulan

Mulan picked herself up off the ground again and turned to face the newcomer. He looked like no one she'd ever seen before, with his odd blue clothes and strange coloured hair. She found herself peering up at him slightly, which was also unusual. Although Mulan didn't consider herself to be particularly small, even in the army the other soldiers were no more than a couple of inches taller at most. There was something about him that made her feel like she could trust him, so, without realising it, she found herself telling him the truth, something she was still vehemently hiding from everyone else around her.

"I..." she began, a little unsure where to start. "I suppose the two things are kind of linked," Mulan continued with a sigh, leaning her back against the wooden pole, her fingers fiddling with the weighted straps around her wrists. "My father was called to serve in the army again, but he's already been a soldier, and he's not as young as he used to be and he has trouble with his knee sometimes and I couldn't let him go, so I took his sword and papers and joined up in his place."

The words spilled out of her in a torrent. "So now, I'm just doing everything I can not to be thrown out. Including reaching that arrow. The captain gave us these weights and told us to climb the pole to get the arrow down, so I can't just let someone else retrieve it for me. I have to prove that I can at least manage to do this. There has to be something I can avoid messing up."

By this point, she'd slid down the pole, hugging her knees, the weighted straps hanging loose around her wrists. "I just don't know if I can do this. But if anyone finds out, they'll throw me out and I'll have brought dishonour to my family and I don't think my father could take it."
User Image
the doctor﹗

racing after rainbows

The doctor had to smile when the female turned to face him, allowing him a proper look at his new friend. It was amazing that already, in his mind, the male was labelling this female his new friend when he wasn’t even aware of her name. That probably should have been his first question rather than delving into her life and what had left her standing at the bottom of a pole trying to reach an arrow, yet the doctor had always been the inquisitive type. He shouldn’t have asked certain questions but he always did and no amount of regenerating would chance that. The doctor always jumped straight into people’s lives, asking questions left right and centre before dragging them off to a new life with him. By now he should have learned his lesson to change but this regeneration wasn’t going to be the person who made the change. The doctor was unwilling to make the commitment of the next regeneration being the one to make the change too as he wasn’t making promises on the basis of what he would become when he’d yet to figure his new self out as it stood.

In a sense the doctor could have taken that as sign that his new self didn’t really care much about himself... But that made no logical sense at all. It made sense in his mind but if he were to try and express it… Well it wasn’t going to happen so there was no point in wasting any more time on the matter. Instead the doctor returned his focus to the female before him, watching as something in the back of her mind allowed her to trust him. Not knowing himself the doctor couldn’t place his finger on what it was that made him appear to be trustworthy but there was something there and he’d be forever grateful for it. Being trustworthy was something that he needed if he was going to put himself out there and make new friends, especially if his new friend was to be someone with such a large secret. A secret which she was already blurting out to him and he was thinking over… That wasn’t good. The doctor would need to learn to control his random tangents of thoughts. Luckily for both the doctor and the female he was able to silence long enough for the female to tell her story.

“You know from where I’m standing that’s a pretty courageous thing to do,” the doctor told her once she’d finished with her explanation. There was a small smile on his face as he looked down at the female. Not a smile of joy or laughter but one of those real smiles which meant he understood what she was saying. “I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many people in my life – despite the fact that I’ve once again got those boyish looks – and there are not that many people who would do such a thing. These people say they will but when put in the situation most people just back out of it. They pass the buck so to speak; they come up with whatever excuse they can to get out of the situation as they’re really cowards. You’ve shown more in one action than what most people manage to show in their whole life.” Whether his words would actually sink into the female’s mind was a whole different can of worms but the doctor had to hope that she’d listen to him. He was speaking the truth and she needed to realise that – sooner rather than later.

With the smile still upon his face the doctor made the short stride over to the pole where he too slid down it so that he was sitting snugly besides the female. “I’m not lying to you and whilst I do sound like a mad man it is true,” the doctor told her, his voice low. “I’ll help you complete these tasks without doing them myself, if it is what you want. Of course if you wish to push your way through it alone I will not put you in a position where you have to accept my help. This is all based upon what you want. It’s your life thus your decisions are what will shape your future. I’m simply a friend, someone you can lean upon if you wish. I’m moral support too but I’m simply blowing my own trumpet now. You’re not going to mess this up and I’m sure that if you look back you’ve yet to mess anything up. As a whole I’m pretty sure that everything will one day merge together to prove your greatness to everyone.”

The doctor was now mimicking the female’s position, his head tilted to the side so that he was still watching her. “I believe it’s time for you to see that you can do this. Not to show others but to prove this to yourself. There’s no way that I’m going to allow them to throw you out, nor will I allow dishonour to be brought upon your family,” the doctor said, the smile easy to hear within his words. “However I do have one tiny problem before we can really get this ball rolling. I realised, not so long ago, that I’ve asked you a very personal question before asking you something of even more importance. You see I simply appeared and I’m sure I look very peculiar to you, what’s more is that you don’t even know my name – just as I do not know what your name is. You see, I’m the doctor and I’d love to know what your name is before I help you to get that arrow down.”

Whilst he’d spoken more than he probably should have the doctor failed to say most of what he wanted, yet he believed too much talking would damage the situation even more. That meant the only thing he could do to prevent matters from getting worse was allowing the female to make her own choice of whether she wished to tell him her name after telling him a very personal story.

Space Elder

User Image
Fa Mulan

"Courageous? More like crazy," Mulan mumbled to herself, shaking her head slightly. She sat there quietly for a few moments, considering his words. Eventually, she broke the silence. "Thank you," Mulan said quietly, turning to face him. "It's nice to have someone who believes in me. And I think I'd like to take you up on that offer. You can help, but I need to be the one to retrieve the arrow." With that, she got to her feet at gazed up at the arrow again. As she stood up, the weight around her wrists clunked and swayed together, almost tangling.

Mulan smiled slightly as the man described himself as very peculiar. He wasn't wrong about that. "My name's Fa Mulan. Except, everyone here knows me as Ping," she shrugged, looking a little sheepish. "I know, it's not the best name, but I had to come up with it on the spot, ok? And how about you? You said you're the doctor, but don't you have any other names? Surely people don't just call you 'Doctor' all the time, do they?"
User Image
the doctor﹗

racing after rainbows

The doctor allowed a small chuckled to leave his lips as the female muttered away, amused by the description which she decided to give to her actions. “Not crazy at all,” the doctor assured her, a smile still planted upon his lips. “I mean if you want to believe yourself to be crazy then you can go right ahead however my view isn’t going to be changing anytime soon. It really does take a great amount of courage to perform such an action.” The doctor could have easily continued on down that road however he too decided to plunge into the silence which was radiating from the female. If she wished to stop and think that was totally fine by the doctor as he wouldn’t be pushing her towards anything. Whatever happened would be down to the female, not because he dragged her into his life. If she decided herself to be crazy then she could go on a crazy adventure with him, if she decided to label herself as courageous then she could prove just how much courage she possessed by entering a strange new world with him. Either way it would be up to her.

Either way the doctor had assumed that she would be running away with him.

Evidently the doctor was rather self-assured about such things. It had happened so many times in the past that the male simply assumed that it would be happening again, but as always he couldn’t know for sure. He would like to know for sure but he never would be able to. Well, he probably could go forwards in time to look at such a thing but that would be cheating. There was no point in destroying the mystery which shrouded their current situation. If he got rid of the mystery he sucked the joy out of everything. Now if there was one thing that the doctor was positive that he wanted it was joy. The more fun he could have with his new partner the better they would get along. She’d need to be serious too, so that he didn’t slip off the edge, but it was always better when his partner allowed a bit of fun and joy into their lives. Already he could tell that the female had the serious manner that he needed to keep his fun in line, the doctor just had to wait and see if his fun would rub off onto her.

That’s when the silence was broken by the female, leaving the doctor’s smile to grow ever larger. “I’m more than happy to play by your rules,” the doctor guaranteed her, “I’ll help but I will not be the one to get the arrow. The arrow belongs to you and nobody else.” The doctor watched as the female stood, his eyes focusing mostly upon the weights around her wrists. Those were what would make the task difficult. It was all well and good to get the female to the top of the pole, but to get the weights up as well… Yes, those most certainly made the task more difficult. It also made it more interesting. The more challenging the task the more enjoyable it would be. Unless the doctor was unable to work it out, in which case he wasn’t sure what would happen. Was he a sore loser? Whilst it would be important to find out it wasn’t the moment to be testing out further aspects of his new self – finding out about his new self would occur over time, piece by piece, not all at once. It would be no fun if all the information came at once.

“I like Mulan better,” the doctor told her upon finding out her name. “It has a better ring to it than Ping. Although Ping alone is not that bad – really good for on the spot, especially when compared with the things I’d have probably come up with. People would probably be calling me Bob or John Smith or something else completely unoriginal. Still, I like it – both of the names. I’ll stick to Mulan though, at least when there is nobody around. Not that I’ll be here when others are around, as I’m sure you don’t want the others to know that I’m here. I doubt that they’d take as kindly to my random appearance with all my peculiar attributes.” The doctor gave a light shrug of his shoulders, seeing no reason to focus upon that particular point. Luckily – or was it unluckily – the female gave him something else to focus upon: the fact that he only gave the name ‘Doctor’ and nothing more. At least she was observant; but then again, it wasn’t that hard to realise he hadn’t given a complete name merely a title.

“Just the doctor,” the male answered. “I’ve been called many odd things but doctor has always been my name. If you want to come up with a strange name for me then that is also fine as I’ve had a variety of unique nicknames. Once I show you more about myself you’ll probably think of something better than what you can currently come up with – although I’m sure any ideas you currently have are also great. I’m just saying, the more you know about me – the more I show you – the better and more accurate the names can become.” One particular name was rolling around in his mind, one which reminded him of a time once before. It was a memory which pained him, one which he almost fell headfirst into, however he did manage to prevent himself from getting lost in the past. If he spent too long looking back his whole persona would change and that would cause a very messy situation. Changing himself before he even knew who he was, of course that would create a massive mess for him – how would he fixed himself if he didn’t know what he was returning to.

“Oh, I do have another question for you – just a quick one – what time do people usually wake up at? I mean, I need to be gone before they wake up and chase me out of here.” That final question was simply a way of moving his mind away from the dangerous tangent that was threatening to take hold.

Space Elder

User Image
Fa Mulan

Mulan smiled as the Doctor agreed to help. "Thanks. Technically, I think the arrow really belongs to the army, but I know what you mean, and it means a lot to me." She carefully hefted the weights around her wrists, trying to think of a way to get up the pole without them dragging her back down again.

"Hmm, we need to figure out how to use the weight of these to help me climb rather than work against me... Any ideas, Doctor?" For the first time since she'd set out to climb the pole, Mulan felt she had a chance. Between the two of them, surely they would work out a solution.

"I prefer Mulan as well. I should have realised that I'd need a different name sooner and thought about it before I got here, but there's nothing I can do about it now, so it looks like I'll be known as Ping for the foreseeable future," she said.

"You're right; it's probably best if no one else knows about you. I don't think the army would take too kindly to, uh," she paused, trying to think of the right word. "Interlopers? No, that's not quite it..." Mulan shook her head. "Never mind. You know what I mean."

The Doctor's mention of time dragged her gaze to the horizon. Although it was no longer completely dark, she guessed they probably still had a little time before the sun rose. "Usually we get up at dawn, so I reckon we have maybe an hour or so left."
User Image
the doctor﹗

racing after rainbows

The doctor let out a chuckle at the female’s words, shaking his head ever so slightly. Evidently she had a sense of humour which was always good in a companion. If the two could get along and joke everything would run much smoother; they would make light of anything that went wrong meaning there wouldn’t be dark secrets hiding in the corners of their minds. “Technically they do belong to the army,” the male muttered, agreeing with her. Even so the female knew what the doctor was trying to say and that was enough for him, meaning he would soon be helping the female get her hands on the arrow – the arrow that technically belonged to the army and not anyone else. That was when the doctor’s eyes drifted to the weights, something that made his original ideas of climbing much harder. But the more challenging the task became the more fun it would become – or so the doctor was hoping. If not it would at least get his new brain working and would further help with his insight into who he was.

“I’m sure I can come up with some ideas soon,” the doctor assured her, grinning like a fool. It was evident from her tone of voice that she believed them to have a chance, something that sent even more joy through the male’s bones. A positive attitude also came as a benefit when it came to his partners which basically meant the female was slowly ticking every box that would make her a great person to travel with. Mulan was clearly smart, brave, loyal, she stuck to things, she had a sense of humour and she had a positive outlook – yep, she really would do well to travel with the doctor just as he would do well to have her travel with him. All being reliant upon the female wishing to travel with him, something that he wasn’t going to bring up just yet; before the doctor could even think of convincing her to travel time and space with him they needed to complete the task at hand. Especially when it was taken into consideration that the completion of the task would create some kind of a bond between them that would influence the female’s decision to travel with him.

“We all make mistakes,” the doctor told her, shrugging his shoulders as he moved topics for a few moments. “I’m always putting myself into silly situations where I have to think of answers on the spot. The more you do it the better you become at such things. Not that I’m saying you should put yourself into these situations on a regular basis, I’m just saying that it is understandable. Should you wish to join the army again you at least have a name ready. Plus I’ll keep calling you Mulan so there is no chance of you losing your roots whilst I’m around – I’ll be a constant reminded of who you really are.” The doctor gave the female a cheeky smile, making a mental note to call her Ping every once in a while as a small joke. With her sense of humour and positive outlook it seemed obvious to him that she would at least smile at the joke.

The doctor went on to give a nod of his head as the female agreed that the army would not need to know about him. “I know what you mean,” the doctor confirmed, “I will not allow them to know of me. I will be your little secret and in return for not telling them about my existence I will not tell them of your true gender. Although I wouldn’t tell them anyway so there really is no point in saying that. But yeah, so long as we’re agreed on that one I think that everything is perfectly fine. You’re in no danger of them believing you’re conspiring with the enemy – or at least a mad man – and I’m in no danger of them threatening me or something of the like for getting involved with matters that do not concern me. It looks like a win-win situation.” So long as the doctor didn’t do something stupid to make his presence known, which could very well happened depending upon whatever character traits appeared as he continued to grow into this new person. Whilst the doctor had been foolish in the past he had never been a complete buffoon meaning this regeneration could have been the time that he became such an idiot.

“I can be long gone before dawn,” the doctor said, giving another nod of his head. It seemed as though the doctor was one for matching his words with actions, soon enough he would be flinging his arms around as though waving his hands would help him to explain things to people. Personally he found such a thing peculiar and if he turned out to be such a person he was liable to grow annoyed with himself pretty quickly. Or not, he’d just have to wait and see. With that in mind the male turned his attention back to the task at hand: helping Mulan to reach the arrow. Keeping in mind that the female had the weights the doctor eyed the pole before looking at the female, chewing down on his bottom lip as he tried to think up a plan.

“Those heavy weights can be used as tethered objects which you can strap around the pole as an aid to climb it,” the doctor told her. “Rather than allowing the weights to drag you back down you need to use them as your means to climb the pole, that way you’re working with the weight rather than having the excess weight work against you. I’m positive it will take a few tries before you can get it right as the perfect position and movement will need to be found, but I am sure that it can be done.” The doctor looked down at the female, giving her a small smile; it could be done, he was sure of it.

Space Elder

User Image
Fa Mulan

There was just something about the Doctor's smile. Mulan couldn't help but grin back as his face lit up. "If anyone could think of something, it would be you," she said, her joy at having found someone to help her clear in her voice.

"We all make mistakes," Mulan echoed, her smile slipping slightly. "My grandmother says that you'll never learn anything if you don't mess up sometimes. I guess I should be learning quite a lot at the moment, then." Mulan's family had been so central to her life until then, that it still felt strange to think that they weren't just in another room, waiting for her to finish her chores.

"I doubt anyone would believe me if I did try to tell them about you," she shrugged. "You're in no danger from me."

When the Doctor outlined his idea, Mulan's eyes widened as she began to understand was he was saying. It was so obvious! She was mentally kicking herself for not having realised it sooner. "That's brilliant, Doctor!" she exclaimed, swinging the weights together around the pole. "Like this?" The weights had looped around each other she now had a firm strap to grip onto.
User Image
the doctor﹗

racing after rainbows

The doctor found himself chuckling away at the female’s words, shaking his head slightly. “You’re going to make me blush if you continue to compliment me,” the doctor informed her, not yet sure if he was the type to blush at things. He couldn’t feel the heat rising in his face as his cheeks turned pink which was a good thing, but there was still the chance that he could be a person who blushed easily. The doctor couldn’t remember having ever been the type of person to turn red at every compliment sending him back to his statement of there being a first time for everything and this could be the time. Hopefully this wouldn’t be the time, not with how nice the female appeared to be. It looked to the doctor like she would be constantly throwing compliments at everyone to lighten their mood meaning he would be constantly blushing when the female was travelling with him. He could only imagine what time and space would think of him then: he’d go from being well-known for the good he’d done to being well-known for being a blushing young boy. Oh how embarrassing that would be for him.

“Your grandmother sounds like a very wise woman,” the doctor said, the smiling on his face fading slightly as the female appeared to lose some of her smile. “I really do think you may be taking her words out of context if you’re judging yourself so harshly. The only mistake I can currently see you making is that judgement: what you are doing is brilliant and it’s not a mistake, so you really shouldn’t be worrying too much about it. Trust me, I have made many mistakes throughout my time and I never seem to learn from then, instead I continue to make the same mistakes and pray that they will be better the next time. So long as you learn that what you are doing is brilliant, that in the end you see this is not a mistake, you will have learnt much more than what I ever have or ever will.” The pick-me-up had turned a little bit self-centred however the doctor was sure that the female would see his point. The female really was doing something good, she was doing what she believed to be the right thing, and that was worth so much more than what anyone else would ever realise. Maybe the female didn’t realise it just yet but one day she would wake up and realise that he’d spoken the truth to her.

Although the doctor had a feeling that the female would agree with him in that moment, just so that she wasn’t arguing with him. She seemed like the type who would agree with what someone was saying so that she didn’t offend them or hurt their feelings – even if she did not believe the words to be true. It was a rare thing to see in someone who was so headstrong and was willing to head off and do what they believed to be right. Usually the type of people who found themselves in situations such as the one that the female was currently in happened to be the loudmouths that never fell silent; if they disagreed with your view you would know about it, not the opposite where they agree with what you say. The female really was unique hence her allure; she was something that the doctor searched for and loved to spend time with. Whilst every human was important, unique and amazing there were certain people who had a much larger impact and had deeper ties with the universe – this female was surely one such person.

“I guess it’s a good thing that nobody will believe you on this matter then,” the doctor agreed, giving a solemn nod of his head. “It appears to me that we’re both safe on every possible front then, thus we’ll be getting along swimmingly. Although, if you do not mind me saying so, I believe that we were already getting along extremely well.” The doctor gave another one of his contagious smiles, eyes locked on the female as he waited for the same smile to plaster her face. Already the doctor was enjoying have a smile which people caught on to, enjoying the fact that he could get other people smiling. He’d learnt a very long time ago that simply placing a smile on your face could lighten your mood meaning a lot of smiling would occur now that he knew he could make others smile with ease. He’d be spreading the happiness around as he spread his smile throughout time and space as he helped everyone on the simple matter of feeling better.

“Again you’re going to make me blush,” the doctor said, shaking his head once more. It was far from being a brilliant idea it was merely something to get the job done, something that would help the female reach her goal. The doctor was sure that in time the female would have worked it out herself, he’d simply handed it to her sooner. Watching as the female got herself into the correct position the doctor nodded his head, “I believed you’re in the correct position. As I said though, it may take a few tries to actually get it right so I wouldn’t be disheartened if you cannot make it to the top straight away. If I were to try myself I know for a fact it would take me quite some time to reach the top – especially with how much of a klutz I appear to be this time around.”

The doctor took a couple of steps back then, moving away from the pole. “Go on then Mulan, give it a try and prove me wrong. Prove that it can be done on the first try,” the doctor encouraged her, ensuring that his contagious smile was plastering his face to lighten her mood. Hopefully with his encouragement it would work on the first try.

Space Elder

User Image
Fa Mulan

Mulan cocked her head to the side at the Doctor's mention of blushing. "Does it count as a compliment if it's the truth? Or am I thinking of flattery?" she enquired. "Besides, there's nothing wrong with blushing, is there?"

She snorted slightly when the Doctor described her Grandmother as wise. "She sounds it, but I'm not always sure. She's a little..." Mulan paused, looking for the right word. "Unconventional. Like me, I suppose," she said, thoughtfully. "I guess you're right. Maybe this is my chance to prove myself. I might not make a perfect bride, but I'm not worthless." The meeting with the Matchmaker had gone so disasterously that she thought it unlikely that marriage would ever be in her future. But then, why should her life have to centre around finding a man, being obedient and hiding who she was?

"I'd say you were probably correct about that, Doctor," Mulan replied, grinning back at him. "I think we could even go so far as to say that we stand a good chance of becoming firm friends. If, of course, we aren't already." She trailed off, her confidence in the statement faultering slightly.

Mulan tugged on the knotted straps and gazed up at the arrow, before looking back to see the Doctor beaming at her. "Well, here goes," she said and began to climb. It was a little tricky at first and, having got a few feet off the ground, she nearly slipped, but, before long, she found her rhythm and methodically made her way to the top. Triumphantly, she yanked the arrow out of the wood. From the top of the pole, she could see the first rays of the sun beginning to rise above the hilltops. "It's almost dawn," she called down to the Doctor. "You should probably be off before someone sees you. I think I'll stay up here and watch the sunrise."
User Image
the doctor﹗

racing after rainbows

“Truth and flattery can often be tarnished with the same brush,” the doctor informed the female, his same old – or would that be new considering how he’d recently regenerated – smile plastering his face. “As for whether there is something wrong with blushing I do not believe there is anything wrong with it at all. It helps to inform others of your emotions which is always a good thing – well it usually is anyway. It can also be adorable and in some cases the rosy red cheeks compliment the features of an individual’s face. I, however, have yet to find out whether I have the face which blushing compliments or whether I simply turn into a tomato, a beetroot or some other red-purple coloured fruit.” The doctor was tempted to ask the female, there and then, if she considered a tomato a fruit or a vegetable fully aware that a number of people deemed it to be an on-going argument. Whilst her choice wouldn’t matter either way the doctor would in interested to see what her reaction to the question would be, along with hearing her reasoning for her choice.

“Unconventional often sides with wisdom,” the doctor told the female, once again sticking with the relationships that could be found within the topic at hand. “So does strange, odd, crazy, annoying, and a number of other personality traits. The more outgoing a person seems the wiser they tend to be. They’re usually the ones who have had the most experiences in the universe – or at least the most bizarre of experiences anyway. It’s always good fun.” The doctor couldn’t help but agree with the female’s statement of how she too was unconventional. It was true; Mulan really was straying from the norm through her choice of joining the army – especially considering her point in history. But as he’d already made clear he had no problem with such a thing as it simply made a person more interesting. It made a person three-dimensional rather than being some paper-cut-out copy of the rest of the people upon the planet. The more individuality the better thus the less conventional the female wished to be the more fun the two would have. Already the possibilities were seemingly endless in regards to the fun the two could have together.

“I know I keep emphasising this point Mulan, but I fear I’ve yet to get it through that thick skull of yours. You do not need to prove yourself. I admit that we’ve made progress through the fact that you’ve said you’re not worthless but I still don’t see this as being a way for you to prove yourself. In a sense you are but if I strayed off at that angle we’d end up running in circles. Mostly, though, this is you showing the world who you really are. Perfect bride or not this is what a person should expect when they bring you into their life,” the doctor said feeling as though he was starting to put too much emphasis on the self-belief topic. It was almost as though he was treating the female like an angst-ridden teenage girl who needed her confidence building after her boyfriend of two months had broken up with her. Mulan most certainly was not such a woman therefore he needed to stop treating her in such a way. Maybe it was just his personality; maybe the new doctor enjoyed dishing out the compliments even if they were taken to the extreme?

“I would like to think we are good friends,” the doctor answered, noticing the underlying question in the female’s weary statement. “If you’re happy to call me your friend then you should know that I too call you such a thing. In fact I’ve been calling you my friend from the moment I set my eyes on you.” And it was true: as soon as the doctor found the female he was considering her as his next companion and friend. He’d basically been assessing their building friendship from the moment she opened her mouth and spoke to him. Overall he was just glad that the female also wished to call what they had a friendship even though they hadn’t known each other for all that long. If anything that was another sign that everything would go well between the two of them and that the female really would make a great new companion for the new doctor.

When the female started to climb the wooden pole the doctor shut his mouth, making sure he did not distract her from the task at hand. As expected it took the female a few moments to get her rhythm one hundred per cent correct but once she did she was climbing up the beam much quicker than the doctor had expected – his vote of confidence clearly having been a benefit to the female. It didn’t take the female long at all to reach the top and win the top prize of an arrow, leaving the doctor to stand at the bottom of the pole clapping his hands at her achievement. The male really was proud that he’d helped her to reach her goal and he could only hope that helping her to complete the task worked in his favour when he asked her to travel time and space with him at a later date.

Upon hearing the female’s voice the doctor stopped clapping, giving the female two thumbs up. “Well done,” the doctor called up to her, his smile so large that she could probably see it from her spot so high above him. “Enjoy your sunrise and be sure to savour this achievement as I’m positive it will work in your favour.” The doctor took a few steps back then, still looking up at the female. “I guess this is goodbye for now though, at least until the sunsets once more. So until everyone is asleep once more I bid you farewell.” The doctor gave the female a small wave, the smile still upon his face, as he turned to make his way back to his TARDIS.

Without a question of a doubt the male would be returning to spend some more time with Mulan.

Space Elder

User Image
Fa Mulan

A lone rider appeared, silhouetted on the hilltop. In the blink of an eye, countless Hun soldiers swarmed over the rise and began to sweep down the hillside, a raging torrent bearing down on Mulan and the other soldiers.

As Yao aimed the last remaining cannon at Shan Yu, Mulan's eye was drawn to the reflection on her sword. A glacial overhang just like every other, lining the valley. But it was enough to give her an idea. Quickly, she grabbed the cannon before Yao could light the fuse and took off towards the huns, ignoring the cries of the Captain. I hope this works, she thought as she fumbled with the matches, her numb fingers barely able to strike them. After what seemed like a lifetime, Mulan finally managed to light the fuse, carefully aiming the cannon towards the overhang.

The deafening bang of the cannon exploding echoed briefly before being overwhelmed by the roaring wall of snow and ice tumbling down onto the Hun army. Mulan's brief elation quickly ebbed as Shan Yu drew close enough for her to make out every notch and nick in his twisted blade, moments before it slashed across her side. Pain flared through her as she stumbled away, her feet being swept from beneath her by the oncoming wave of snow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff