Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Giver

I really hate the fact that my password is no longer stored. I sell a lot of items and it is a total pain in the arse typing it in each time. Don't much care about the rest of the design.

Dapper Cat

46,600 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Waffles! 25
edy
There have also been a couple suggestions that will get implemented in the future:
- Default to 14 days (since it seems that's what most people do)
- Provide a link to the item's listings so you can quickly/easily view how many other items are listed, etc.
- The ability to choose which tab loads by default in case you really, really, really hate the search tab.

I'm not very happy with the pop-up - it just seems so awkward and clunky. I do really like these suggestions though. Maybe we could also choose the order our inventory loads in (first>last or last>first), since most people are probably selling things from the *last* page of their inventory. Separate tabs for aquarium and alchemy items would also be fantastic.

edy
Update

* You can tab through the options listed on the page, and activate the buttons on the bottom of the page with: enter, space, or a click. I know some people prefer to use the keyboard instead of having to reach for a mouse.

Hitting 'enter' after I type in my password seems to work just fine, but hitting 'enter' after I type in my price doesn't seem to work - I still have to actually click the 'Next' button.

Newbie Noob

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
Hey well it says that it cant find the item and it lists everything as N/A so i cant sell anything?

Beloved Fatcat

i love this new update cuz i have too many items to sell and it's very very good!!! so fast!! heart

Dangerous Hunter

Memoire du Morraine
Hello Edy!
Got to let you know, that the new marketplace update is beyond horrible. It makes it completely impossible for me to sell items in my store. I log onto Gaia exclusively from my phone, and the new system with a popup does NOT work on that. Why not just use the iphone app, you ask I'm sure. Well to be honest the app is decidedly lacking in features compared to when you log on to the full site, and does not offer the detailed views I use to buy and sell things. It would be Very nice if there was an option to choose the old system!
Same here... I stay longer on gaia using my phone. Logging in to gaia using pc hurts my eyes a lot.

I can't sell anything either. Hope they change it back again.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I still can't sell anything, from either the MP or from my inventory. The new page opens and then is just blank white and nothing loads.

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
The window is making selling a lot faster, thank you. I have two new suggestions though personally: First of all, a separate tab for selling Aquarium items would be nice. Secondly, maybe I'm just crazy but I've noticed for a long time (pretty much ever since the system was implemented) that sometimes when average and lowest prices are listed, the average price is lower than the lowest? I don't think that's possible, and I end up looking the item up separately to actually double-check what the lowest price really is. Has anyone else noticed this?

Exhibitionist

User Image

Hate it.
Stop trying to over-fix things.
Lowest price and average price are often wrong and it's necessary to open another tab to check the actual item you are selling.
For those still under pricing items - you can't fix stupid. In the end they are responsible for counting their zeros and reading the page to make sure things are correct, before hitting enter.
The pop-up makes things more troublesome.

Dangerous Hunter

Lazarus Larkin
I still can't sell anything, from either the MP or from my inventory. The new page opens and then is just blank white and nothing loads.
Same here. The pop-up won't pop-up properly. xd They should have put up a poll about this first before doing that update...

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I appreciate the fact that this update has made it easier to sell larger quantities. With that said, I HATE the search tab, never use it, and find myself frustrated that I have to deal with it :c Please allow us to choose our own tabs!

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
The window is making selling a lot faster, thank you. I have two new suggestions though personally: First of all, a separate tab for selling Aquarium items would be nice. Secondly, maybe I'm just crazy but I've noticed for a long time (pretty much ever since the system was implemented) that sometimes when average and lowest prices are listed, the average price is lower than the lowest? I don't think that's possible, and I end up looking the item up separately to actually double-check what the lowest price really is. Has anyone else noticed this?

That's just a side effect of how the system works. Items' average prices are usually slow to change on the MP since it just adds up ALL the prices items sell for and divides them up. That means a handful of misprices may drop a low-selling item's average price pretty steeply, leaving the lowest price higher. If an item increases in popularity, it may also result in this error- before the average price changes, the buy now prices may rise. There's nothing Gaia can do to fix that, really, and it's not an error- a buy now price that's greater than the average just means the lowest price at this moment happens to be above the price people have mainly sold at in the past.

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
wonderfinch
I appreciate the fact that this update has made it easier to sell larger quantities. With that said, I HATE the search tab, never use it, and find myself frustrated that I have to deal with it :c Please allow us to choose our own tabs!

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

That's just a side effect of how the system works. Items' average prices are usually slow to change on the MP since it just adds up ALL the prices items sell for and divides them up. That means a handful of misprices may drop a low-selling item's average price pretty steeply, leaving the lowest price higher. If an item increases in popularity, it may also result in this error- before the average price changes, the buy now prices may rise. There's nothing Gaia can do to fix that, really, and it's not an error- a buy now price that's greater than the average just means the lowest price at this moment happens to be above the price people have mainly sold at in the past.

Oh wow, thank you for explaining, that makes sense. Alright, so I only had one suggestion then. XD
Since the most recent update, I'm not able to accept the pop-up magical giftboxes. A short time ago a blue giftbox appeared at the top of my screen whilst viewing my shop. When I went to claim the prize, a box popped up within the same window but failed to load. Prior to that, about two hours or so ago, the same thing happened. I assumed it was a fluke, but seeing as it occurred again, I realize it's a loading issue. I have a reasonable internet speed, yet even after waiting a good 60 or more seconds, the box's message/components still refused to load. I took a screencap the second time after clicking on the giftbox.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

These things appear so rarely for me, it's disappointing that I can't even claim what I've come upon. emotion_0A0

Business Entrepreneur

6,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
- I can't sell anything, as it doesn't load my inventory. It hangs on it.

Please get rid of the blue https tag thing. It slows down Gaia a lot. When normally watching my store or browsing on Gaia everything is smooth and quick what it was before.

- And please make it that when copy/pasting your password, it will keep working when selling many items. Many people have difficult passwords and don't wanna type that in everytime.

- Make the default Equipped items or so. People who sell a lot don't wan't to search and want to view it all anyway. It's annoying to do these extra clicks.

So far this system is one step forward, 5 steps back. sad

Dedicated Citizen

Angel Ein
Since not everyone wants the update, why not make an option on whether to use this new update or the previous one in the marketplace setting? mrgreen

I don't like it much either... xd

^ yes, this.
edy
Marketplace Update

Thanks in advance for this update, I am ESPECIALLY greatful you are getting rid of the Yahoo connection...this bugged me a lot.

Thanks for the keyboarding option, Thanks again.

May we have an option setting for the modal version or page version as previous?

Here's the reason(s) - Greasemonkey scripts, I use the percentage calculator, the page linker and the Mule Tool V2 scripts, and now they are all useless...my passwords for my Gaian accounts are large and random, and a total PITA to have to copy/paste passwords when the Mule Tool would handle this before.

What I'd like to see, is when I go to sell an item, it tells me how many are listed, highest, lowest, average, trending up/down, etc, with clicking the item's pic will open new tab the item in the marketplace.

Yeah, I've made a few booboos when selling something, my bad, so sad, I move on if someone snags it before I get a chance to correct it. I liked the big red text, and an option for new/old selection would be cool...I once suggested a COOKIE (20 minute lifespan) on tab to make it sticky, also read someone wanted last 20 items, in a paging system, this sounds good as well.

I can provide the scripts I use if you want, PM me.

Thanks again, this update looks like it will be fantastic, tho until it gets done, can we Please have an option to choose?

Thanks again.

And Good Work!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas