Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Conversationalist

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Plot

User Image

The highest honor has been bestowed upon you. You, a worshiper of one of the thirteen deities that created the world, have been selected to be the warrior that will fight in a game to decide which god will have the edge when deciding the next king of the gods. The gods choose a warrior only once every one hundred years for their centennial gambit, meaning that this game is of the utmost importance and failure will not be tolerated. The rules of the game are simple. In order to win you must either kill off the other warriors or force them to give up. The gods may step in three times to help their warriors at times they see fit, but they cannot kill another warrior or give their warrior any abilities that will allow them to instantly kill another warrior or make them impossible to defeat.There are a few other limitations on what a god can and cannot do when assisting their warrior but those are the highest of concern. To begin, the warriors are each given one Hallowed Artifact , and a Genesis Stone of their god's element. When Hallowed Artifacts are combined with Genesis Stones they allow the user to cast the magic that that Genesis Stone governs.Hallowed Artifacts and Genesis Stones are hidden all throughout the land, usually protected by a challenge or puzzle so that no normal person can find them. Finding these items will be a key factor in deciding the champion of the game. But in particularly well protected dungeons one may find a special type of Hallowed Artifact known as a Sacred Artifact. There are only thirteen of these artifacts hidden throughout the world and as you may have guessed, each is tailored for its corresponding god. These artifacts are far stronger than normal Hallowed Artifacts and even when they're destroyed they quickly reform as they once were. (More to be added)

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Opening

You start in the city of your god with the artifact that they bestowed upon you. (Your choice as to what kind of artifact you got.) You're in an age of magic and medieval warfare so your attire and weapons should match it. In this world you, the humans, are a minority, only taking up about a sixth of the population in any city. Other races will be described in more detail farther down. You were given your artifacts in the middle of the night when your god summoned you to their temple. This is where everything was explained to you and you. You found the temple deserted and along with your artifact you also found a special emblem forged into the shape of your gods symbol. It should allow you to walk freely and do as you will as a warrior chosen by your god. Only the other warriors chosen by their gods will seek to kill you, as all others know they would be killed on the spot by the gods if they opposed you. If an opposing warrior draws near you then you will be able to feel their presence. However you cannot tell where they are, only that they're near. (About two hundred yards distance. (Not really all that near, lol)) With that said you're now on your way to go kill some people.

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Gods and Goddesses

Uumein goddess of fire
Warrior: Taken
City: Herdebor
Other info: Often viewed as the goddess of passion and rage. Often hasty when making decisions and angers easily when opposed. (Other stuff I might add later.)

Faeln goddess of water
Warrior: Open
City: Uhdagen
Other info: Often viewed as the goddess of composure and elegance. Also controls ice. Thinks highly of herself and makes it a point to keep her posture even when angered. (Same for this one. Depends on whether or not I let people RP as the deities.)

Galmdram god of earth
City: Widherens
Other info: Often viewed as the god of determination and strength. Becomes very stubborn once he has an opinion on something. (Just imagine this for the rest of them too.)

Kraath god of metal
City: Molthem
Other info: Often viewed as the god of flexibility and will. Always willing to take advice and change his stance on a subject if a good enough argument is made.

Seldine goddess of air
City: Branshof
Other info: Often viewed as the goddess of freedom and acceptance. Hates being tied down and restricted. Prefers to move on her own without commitment.

Dandrinach god of lightning
City: Alstud
Other info: Often viewed as the god of agility and unpredictability. Often makes decisions on a whim and without any real reason.

Hrafshnir god of sound
City: Bukdebor
Other info: Often viewed as the god of silence and mystery. Remains silent until a matter he deems important arises which he then voices his opinion loudly and with unknown reason.

Ornichus goddess of dark
City: Arden
Other info: Often viewed as the goddess of stealth and conspiracies. Often plans out her movements and sets traps rather than face her opponents directly.

Tresktal god of light
City: Loteh
Other info: Often seen as the god of illusion and dishonesty. Although his intentions may seem simple and forward at first, they are often just a front for his true intentions.

Maagdokan god of death

Warrior: Zane Albaneir
City: Aderi
Other info: Often misconceived as the god of malice and spite. He's actually the god of necessity and return. He always does what he believes is necessary no matter what others may think of him.

Irandel goddess of life
City: Gibahar
Other info: Often viewed as the goddess of love and nurturing. Often acts for the good of others without thinking of her own well being.

Kromas goddess of time

City: Alanshof
Other info: Often viewed as the goddess of change and renewal. She often tries to fix things that are broken and if she can't she replaces them with something new.

Malduul god of wisdom and knowledge
City: Nordheim
Other info: Often viewed as the god of civilization and prediction. The long reigning king of the gods whom has yet to be dethroned. Even when his warrior loses he still manages to win the challenge that the winner picks. He acts as though every move was planed and always seems to have luck on his side.

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Artifacts and Magic

Hallowed Artifacts
Hallowed Artifacts are magical items, capable of casting magic when paired with Genesis Stones. Most artifacts have 13 spherical indentations with a different symbol engraved into each one. These symbols represent each of the 13 gods and their elements. There are however some artifacts that have fewer symbols or possibly even just one symbol for one specific god. When a genesis stone of that element is placed into its respective slot, it allows magic to be cast from the item. While Hallowed artifacts with multiple slots are capable of casting multiple different elements, the artifacts with fewer slots are often more powerful and easier to control when casting their elements.

Sacred Artifacts
Sacred Artifacts are a set of unique Hallowed Artifacts that are immensely more powerful than any other Hallowed Artifacts. There is one for each god making 13 in total and they can only hold the one element of Genesis Stone that belongs t that god. These artifacts are incredibly durable and can only be broken by another Sacred Artifact. Even when broken it's only for a short time, as they will reform back into their original shape in a matter of seconds, as though nothing had ever happened. Sacred artifacts are hidden in ancient temples designed to protect the artifacts from any who would be deemed unworthy. The locations of these temples are unknown, making it a challenge just to find out where to go and collect these artifacts.

Magic
There are thirteen different gods and thirteen different elements which can be cast from Hallowed Artifacts with the help of Genesis Stones. These are the elements and how they work.

Fire- Fire can be used not only for cast fire from an artifact, but also for creating heat.

Water- Water is used for casting both water and ice from an artifact.

Earth- Earth is used for controlling all sorts of earth and rubble including sand.

Metal- Metal can be used to strengthen and shape metals.

Air- Air can be used to control the wind and air, and if enough power is used it can even create a vacuum.

Lightning- Lightning is used for casting electricity and even imbuing into yourself for almost super-human abilities for short bursts if used properly. However doing so will almost always result in the user harming themselves in the process.

Sound- Sound is used for creating ear splitting noises and for muffling sound as well.

Dark- Dark is used for creating darkness around yourself or temporarily blinding others.

Light- Light is used for distorting and creating light. It can also be used to create mirages and illusions.

Death- Death is used for creating an aura around yourself that that will slowly weaken nearby opponents. It can also be used to poison food sources.

Life- Life is used for influence over low level intelligence living being such as animals and plants. I can also be used to remove poisons.

Time- Time is used for slowing down time and giving yourself room to react or think. In can also be used to see brief random glimpses of the future.

Knowledge/Wisdom- Knowledge and wisdom is used for temporarily granting higher understanding to less intelligent animals, resulting in them taking a humanoid form. It can also be used to increase the function of the mind for better reading, thinking, and planning.

Combining magic
There are all sorts of way you can combine magic to make it more powerful. However if you use two elements then you are also using twice the magic or even more if you haven't practiced before. Some easy examples are water and electricity to form a more controlled current or dark and sound to become completely hidden. There are plenty of other combinations but those all depend on you and what you're able to think of. Basically anything that makes sense will be permitted. You may both combine magic with other Hallowed Artifacts, or the same Hallowed Artifact as long as you have the genesis stones for the magics you're combining.

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Races and Creatures

Races
There are many different races in the land. So many in fact that it would be near impossible to list off every one of them. Instead here is a list and descriptions of some of the ones to keep an eye out for.

Elves
Elves are very similar to humans in body structure but differ in their pointed ears, and often slender facial features. Elves also often have different skin coloration than humans, which is often a good indicator of just what type of elf they are. The most common breeds of elves are high elves and dark elves each taking up about a third of the total elf population. Elves are also often known for their attunement to magic and their heightened night vision. Elves are capable of casting magic spells without the aid of a magical item or artifact, making them dangerous even without a weapon.

Agale
Agale are a scaly lizard-like race that stand on two feet and have both tail and snout. The tail help them keep their balance since most of their race are fairly top heavy and overall bulky. This results in them mostly relying on their physical strength and keen sense of smell to survive. They often make good fishermen with the way they use their tails to propel themselves through the water and can often be found in seaside and riverside cities.

Milain
Milain are a feline race, resembling humans, save for their ears and tails. (Why? Because I like cat girls. Obviously.) Milain tend to be flexible and quick but at the same time manage to maintain a certain level of strength that would put most human men to shame. They're also very skilled at keeping quiet and maintaining balance, making them great assassins and thieves. Another notable aspect of the Milain is their strong and pointed nails that often act as claws for close combat.

Draconic
Draconic are a very powerful race that are almost identical to dragons. What makes Draconic unique however, is their ability to change form. Most Draconic can take a smaller, yet still fairly large form, somewhat resembling the Agale, only with wings, horns, and any additional spikes they may have had in their dragon form. However the more powerful the Draconic, the more it can control and change its form. The most powerful Draconic can take a completely human form, therefore deceiving any who might not think it a threat. Draconic are split into 13 different breeds, each belonging to a different god. Draconic are able to cast the element of whichever god they fall under from birth, making even newborn Draconic fearsome opponents. Draconic are usually categorized by power, gaining a different title depending on what features they are able to change or hide. The order goes as follow, from weakest to strongest. Spawn, Drake, Wyvern, Wyrm, Dragon. Each title has several subdivisions specifying just how powerful the dragon is but those are the five basic groups to pay attention to. The only thing that could be considered a weakness of the Draconic is their solitary nature that makes them reluctant to travel in groups. In recent years their numbers have dwindled due to other races ambushing and killing them. This is mostly because the other races of the land view them as a threat because of their power.

Humans
Those funny things with arms and legs and very little magic power. Yeah them.

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Rules

I know you don't like 'em but too bad. If you don't read 'em I can guarantee you won't last long.

1. No god modding/ auto hitting/ power playing. I really hope I don't need to explain this to you, and if I do, chances are you shouldn't be here.

2. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try and add things into the RP that I haven't said was okay. If you want to do something and it wasn't listed anywhere, or even if it was and you couldn't find it, just ask me first. If I like it then I may add it in.

3. This is a semi-lit to lit RP. I expect at least one paragraph per post. However that being said two would be preferred it's just not mandatory.

4. No text chat/ leet speak. Also if you can't spell things correctly and there are numerous spelling errors in your post, then just leave. There's a reason we have spell check. But don't get me wrong we all make errors and miss them on occasion, but at the point where it takes me twice as long to read a post because I'm trying to figure out what you typed, I get rather irritated.

5. Use "Quotations" for speech and (Parentheses) for OOC. But try and keep most of your OOC comments in the OOC thread.

6. Swearing is fine, just don't overdo it. Fits of rage are fine, just make sure it doesn't take up 90% of your post.

7. PM me all profiles. Title them with the name and element of your god. (Eg. Maagdokan god of death)

8. For the most part if you get into a fight with another RPer (Characters) then I'll let you decide amongst yourselves who wins. However if you can't decide for yourselves then here are a few suggestions for how to decide. You could use dice rolls, either deciding who wins each post and whoever gets the majority wins. (2/3, 3/5, 4/7, etc.) or you could just do one dice roll and have that decide the overall battle. You could also each post a few times and have me decide who wins, so that the victor can post their final move and win. Any other ways you want to decide are fine too and if you'd like me to go into more detail about the ways I mentioned feel free to ask, I'm sure I didn't really do a good job of explaining it.

9. Please no being overly infatuated with some one when you've only just met them. Having a small crush on them is fine but you can't just outright say you love them after knowing them for five minutes. I honestly have no problem with romance, just don't be that person.
Exceptions:
1. Anything comical that seems really hopeless and amuses me.
2. Relationships prior to the beginning of this RP. (Talk it over with the other person first.) All the same don't overdo it with the whole lovey dovey thing, it gets annoying.
3. Any other way you're able to convince me. Posting before you convince me will result in whatever consequences I see fit.

I will add rules as I see fit and I will put up notifications in the OOC.

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Skelly

(Character pic)
Gaia name:
Character name:
God: (The god that picked you.)
Weight: (Try and make it reasonable. If you're uncertain what to put, i might be able to help.)
Story: (A quick run through of your chari's life.)
Other: (Optional info. Remove this if you don't want to add anything else.)

[align=center](Place pic here.)
Gaia name:
Character name:
God: (The god that picked you.)
Weight: (Try and make it reasonable. If you're uncertain what to put, i might be able to help.)
Story: (A basic run through of your chari's life.)

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Warriors

Zane
Gaia name:Alphredo
Character name: Zane Albaneir
God: Maagdokan God of Death
Height:5'11"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Story: I'll get to this when I'm not feeling all lazy and whatnot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff