Welcome to Gaia! ::

Royal Werewolf

43,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
The only time I was on a hiatuses was back in 2008 when I went on a fine arts trip to Disney, which was a week long. Other than that, I've never taken one and I don't plan to unless I go on a trip that's a week long and the place I'm staying at doesn't have free Wi-Fi.

Enabler

9,250 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
I've taken 2 hiatus's during my time on gaia. the first was because my account got banned for a pretty unfair reason, but i've gotten it back now.

the second time was because i was too busy with school and work and barely had time to sleep! things are much better now. the second hiatus's was actually rather pleasant. when i came back i was wealthier than i had ever been on gaia.

Aged Gaian

i can never take too long a hiatus from gaia
cause like
sometimes i'll forget about it for months
and then i come back on
do you know how much time it takes to go through all of the new RIG items and EIs like honestly
so many tabs open, i must see how they look with my avatar
then i realize i've only got like what, 20k? and i'm looking at somethign thats worth my life savings

god dammit hiatuses suck 0/10 would not recommend

Impassioned Misfit

The closest I've ever come to going on hiatus would be a period of half a year in which I logged in every few days, didn't post in the forums, and only changed my avatar every few months.

I'm in a booming period now in terms of avatar creation, which has been brought out by introducing my close friend to Gaia. Seriously, I've made SO MANY avatars since he's been around. I rather enjoy it.

CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP

Man-Hungry Lunatic

To Whom It May Concern,

I came back from hiatus about a month ago myself. It was a combination of being bored with the site and not having time. I would check in from time to time but never spent more then 10 minutes here. Thankfully when I came back I had several friends very happy to see me back and it helped me deal with not knowing the new items or why certain things have changed. I was gone for almost an entire year so I had a lot to catch up on and if it wasn't for having friends to help I probably wouldn't have bothered with it again. ;w;

Sincerely,

Lady Xem

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
I took hiatus' when I was indisposed and unable to get to a computer, but I also imposed them on myself to spend some time off this site. It takes a lot of my time. :C

larrystew's Partner In Crime

Comrade

lol I need one. I spend too much time here and I think I'm way too invested. I kinda went on a hiatus in 2008-2009. sometimes I would log on to check up on stuff but didn't do anymore than that. I can't remember the reason. I guess I was bored.

Rare

I never really plan on taking a hiatus, but sometimes I just lose interest in the site so I stop coming on here. I do still check daily for announcements and dev alerts and such, but sometimes I don't do much else than that.

I haven't been on much lately. Other sites have been taking my time, and there's not much on here that interests me right now. Hopefully Christmas will make things more interesting for me though.

Wheezing Bookworm

Like a few other folks have pointed out, I never plan a hiatus, but go on them often. They are typically long, but seeing all of the new items is wonderful. I always try to log in around December and October for the events. The community seems the most cheery then!

Every time I come back, I remember how many of my friends left and that is a little sad, but the forums always feel familiar!

Kurby123321 's Honey Bun

Beloved Bunny

Sadly, I am addicted to this website
So if I'm gone for too long
It's just because I have no way of getting on
sweatdrop

Liberal Ladykiller

I have taken multiple hiatuses. Sometimes I just get bored. i find that it happens more when I have a boyfriend or a really active social life. If there are things that I should be doing instead of being on Gaia, like writing a term paper, I will often come back.
I just recently came back from a pretty long hiatus, probably about two years. I still have no idea what half the items I see are. sweatdrop

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          I don't think I ever intentionally took a hiatus. The only notable one I took was late 2009 to mid-2011. Looking at my life at that point, that was the entirety of my senior year of high school through the first half of my freshman year of college. I was probably just super busy.
          Though, I guess I shouldn't say busy since I'm far more busy with school now, rather I was more social then.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i've never taken a hiatus.
since i joined gaia, i've finished high school, started college, quit and started a different college, finished college and i'm currently working two jobs (aside from the obvious voluntary gaia job).
but gaia is still the most important thing in my life. i will never desert you gaia my love. emotion_kirakira

Wixren's Honey Bun

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I just got back from a ten month hiatus. I remember when I was addicted to this site. I could not go a day without it. I see some familiar faces here in the GCD, but I doubt any would remember me. I haven't posted in close to a year.
I'm not a fan of taking hiatuses, but I recognize when I have work, I need to get it done. I decided to log on because a roleplay partner of mine has an account here, and I thought I might check it out. I've spent several years on Gaia. If I disappear, it's either because I am bored, or I don't have internet. I thought perhaps I would give up on this site completely. Unfortunately, that will not be occurring. This was the first site I ever had my own account on, the first site I ever roleplayed on. Therefore, my account will stay. Who knows if I ever decide to return for good?

Aged Gaian

3,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I take hiatuses all the time. Hell, I'm on an almost-hiatus at the moment since I usually only check the website for like one-five minutes a week to see if any new items have been added.

I'm just bored with this place. And since I am getting ready to start a full time job + go to school full-time, I'll probably end my weekly Gaia check-ins.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff