Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Hi everyone! Takio here!

I was out doing some Christmas shopping earlier, and as I was heading out, I stopped by Dillards to take a look at the Christmas pajamas they had in stock (cause, what else am I gonna wear when I open my presents? ^ ^). While looking over the merchandise, I found some lovely, soft nightgowns, with lace and rose motifs. Some were cut in the old fashioned, princess gown style, and they came in colors like white, sax blue, pink, yellow, mint, even a few darker shades. While I was looking them over, a thought struck me: Could these gowns be lolita?

Now, obviously, that's a bit of a leap to make, even if the dresses are old fashioned, it doesn't automatically make them lolita. But it did raise a question: What does a lolita wear when she goes to bed? Regular PJs? T-Shirts? Old fashioned nightgowns? I'm sure there are all sorts of answers, so let me hear some of yours!

Oh, and of course, whether you respond or not, have a Happy Hanukkah, Merry Kwanzaa, and a Merry Christmas. :3

Questionable Conversationalist

Those nightgowns sound lovely ;u;
I've always been enamored with nightgowns, especially if they have lace ;u;
I think it would make sense for a lolita to want to wear cute things like those to bed.
I personally though tend to prefer just wearing a tanktop and my scivvies to bed to be perfectly blunt. It's easier and better for breathing I suppose haha.
I would love to get some cute nightgowns though, even just to wear around my room when I'm being a lazy lump that wants to look cute :'3

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Milady Alluca
I think it would make sense for a lolita to want to wear cute things like those to bed.
I personally though tend to prefer just wearing a tanktop and my scivvies to bed to be perfectly blunt. It's easier and better for breathing I suppose haha.
I would love to get some cute nightgowns though, even just to wear around my room when I'm being a lazy lump that wants to look cute :'3
You one-upped me, I just sleep naked XD
I think these were a Dillards brand, so you should be able to find them in your area if you really want one :3

Kawaii Girl

Baby, the Stars Shine Bright used to have a line of night gowns and underwear. I don't think they sold very well, though, or they'd still have it.

4,475 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Nightgowns are awesome. I really want some cute ones like the ones you listed with lace and everything. The best I have are floral prints.

I have three summery ones that are short-sleeved and one long-sleeved one that was actually my Nana's. I love the sleeves on that one. I'm not sure what they're called but they're those ones that are all loose but then tighter around the wrist. In the winter, I'll wear a nightgown with plain old flannel pajama bottoms and if it's one of the short-sleeved nightgowns, I'll wear my boyfriend's button-up with it.

For me, it's important to always look good and be comfy! You never know when you'll be whisked away to another world like in Peter Pan or something. And quite often, it seems to happen at night when they're in their pajamas.

Cheery Sweetheart

That's true! Peter Pan does it, the Nutcracker does it (oh hey, Christmas~)
Anyway, yeah, those are cool~ And obviously the best thing to wear when opening presents ^_^

With brands, I think Victorian Maiden did some recently, also. Can't seem to find pictures though... all that comes up on Google is old blog posts, but I know I saw ones from them within the past year or two.
And there's also, of course, the off-brand ones like you mentioned, probably better to pay whatever they're asking instead of the $150 or so ( gonk !!) for Victorian Maiden's ones.
... I personally just wear the free t-shirts they give you at events like cons and charity walks. Whatever's most comfortable~

Questionable Conversationalist

Angel_Takio
Milady Alluca
I think these were a Dillards brand, so you should be able to find them in your area if you really want one :3

Oh :'O
To be honest, definitely nothing wrong sleeping that way, it helps to feel the softness of the sheets better anyway
Hm I may have to ask my mom if there's a Dillards back home (small rural town outside a city, we don't even have our own McDonalds haha)

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Milady Alluca
Angel_Takio
Milady Alluca

Oh :'O
To be honest, definitely nothing wrong sleeping that way, it helps to feel the softness of the sheets better anyway
Hm I may have to ask my mom if there's a Dillards back home (small rural town outside a city, we don't even have our own McDonalds haha)
You can try their online store too, but the in-store ones are much nicer and more varied.
JessieKateRose
Baby, the Stars Shine Bright used to have a line of night gowns and underwear. I don't think they sold very well, though, or they'd still have it.

I have a night gown from BtSSB but I can understand why they wouldn't sell too well.
I never actually wore mine for sleeping coz I was too afraid to wrinkle it or get it dirty in any way..
also the fabric is kind of heavy and not the most comfortable to wear when you sleep :3

& to answer the OP, I love to wear nightgowns for sleeping. Especially in summer I do that a lot.
I like gowns in a very light fabric (like chiffon) with some lace and just plain white or pastel colored <3

etsy.com has a lot of cute ones :3
(eg.: link)

Kawaii Girl

Venezia Hime
JessieKateRose

I have a night gown from BtSSB but I can understand why they wouldn't sell too well.
I never actually wore mine for sleeping coz I was too afraid to wrinkle it or get it dirty in any way..
also the fabric is kind of heavy and not the most comfortable to wear when you sleep :3

& to answer the OP, I love to wear nightgowns for sleeping. Especially in summer I do that a lot.
I like gowns in a very light fabric (like chiffon) with some lace and just plain white or pastel colored <3

etsy.com has a lot of cute ones :3
(eg.: link)
Yeah, I bet more people used them as casual wear than sleep wear, haha. I really wanted one of the camis.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
JessieKateRose
Yeah, I bet more people used them as casual wear than sleep wear, haha. I really wanted one of the camis.

Yeah, here that was what most people used them for XD In Japan I don't think there was a market for them, "roomwear" (cute sweats/nighties/etc.) that's meant not for sleeping, but for lounging around the house in, is much more of a thing over there- so they were competing with a lot of other long-established (and much cheaper!) brands. And over here it was just a bunch of overpriced PJs and panties.

But multiple brands have still tried. IW made some PJs a few years ago. VM's Beth line regularly released pajamas, too. And BTSSB's roomwear line was around for quite a while!

As for me, I buy and/or make cute things but I don't actively try to make my sleepwear lolita. I have a few patterns in my old sewing magazines for lolita PJs but I think frankly it's a bit of a waste to spend a lot of time and effort buying or making a cute nightgown XD I'd rather have a cute dress to wear out!

Dapper Hunter

7,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
I just wear band tee shirts and PJ pants with stupid things printed on them! I do love the idea of roomwear though! I would love to pick up some sort of flowy black nightgowns and over-shifts to wear while lounging around!

Lonely Lunatic

On Angelic Pretty they have dresses that look like nightgowns. I can't remember what the print of the dresses is called but I think it's something with sky.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Ai Kira Miko
On Angelic Pretty they have dresses that look like nightgowns. I can't remember what the print of the dresses is called but I think it's something with sky.
I believe the print you're thinking of is, this one, Dreamy Horoscope:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's an Empire waist dress, but I always thought it was a nightgown too XD
I sleep in my underwear, a onesie or a kigurumi.
Not so fussed on night gowns to be honest. I feel a bit silly wearing them in front of my house mates.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff