Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Noob

Detective_Silver
eek wow that's. actually an intelligent way to put it, thank you for putting that into perspective for me. It makes a lil bit more sense now. and i try to make really epic outfits to put up but they get buried by all the junk. ugh. rolleyes

Yeah. The feature was meant for exactly what you're doing - putting together awesome avatars and selling them - but unfortunately, it hasn't been too successful to that end. :c
Bit of a shame, but is what it is~

Invisible Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Yeah. The feature was meant for exactly what you're doing - putting together awesome avatars and selling them - but unfortunately, it hasn't been too successful to that end. :c
Bit of a shame, but is what it is~

I suppose but if gaia had at least a filtering system other then most expensive that would be great like. Bulk items, full outfits, partial outfits. or something of the like, you know what I mean? question

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I sometimes go there just to see which items looks nice.

But...I rarely if not NEVER seen anything that looks decent enough to buy. sweatdrop

-~--~-

Rainbow Noob

Detective_Silver
I suppose but if gaia had at least a filtering system other then most expensive that would be great like. Bulk items, full outfits, partial outfits. or something of the like, you know what I mean? question

That actually sounds like a great idea... Would make it easier for everyone if we could sort them! Though I'm not sure how they'd go about putting that system in place, I'd love to see something like it if possible~ :D

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
gozaimasu
Outfit MP is used for bulk selling, mostly. I use it when I don't feel like listing a load of cheap things up individually. Put them all together as an "outfit" and then price it at a bit of a discount so someone'll buy it to turn a profit. c:
Some people do throw actual well-made outfits up, but I don't think much of anyone shops around for their next avatar there. It's a bit impractical 'cause the Outfit MP's "Average Price" feature is totally borked. Which you'll find some people trying to take advantage of, and those are the total garbage outfits you see priced outrageously. Trying to scam people with the glitchy average that comes up. Silly. c:

Frankly, I use it for the same thing. Sometimes it's such a hassle to sell a ton of items in the MP, so I don't mind selling at a bit of a discount to save myself time XD

On top of that, I don't think I'd ever sell one of my "good" outfits on there. I tend to consistently use and re-use items I really like- so I wouldn't want to just dump one of those off on the MP for the sake of having a nice outfit XD It's a cool feature in theory but because I'm the kind of person to hang onto an item for years it's not one I use in the "right" way, haha.

If Gaia implemented a feature where you could sell "packs" of items, or ones where you could sell selected items off an outfit, I'd probably be more likely to use it as both a buyer and seller.

Invisible Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
wonderfinch
gozaimasu
Outfit MP is used for bulk selling, mostly. I use it when I don't feel like listing a load of cheap things up individually. Put them all together as an "outfit" and then price it at a bit of a discount so someone'll buy it to turn a profit. c:
Some people do throw actual well-made outfits up, but I don't think much of anyone shops around for their next avatar there. It's a bit impractical 'cause the Outfit MP's "Average Price" feature is totally borked. Which you'll find some people trying to take advantage of, and those are the total garbage outfits you see priced outrageously. Trying to scam people with the glitchy average that comes up. Silly. c:

Frankly, I use it for the same thing. Sometimes it's such a hassle to sell a ton of items in the MP, so I don't mind selling at a bit of a discount to save myself time XD

On top of that, I don't think I'd ever sell one of my "good" outfits on there. I tend to consistently use and re-use items I really like- so I wouldn't want to just dump one of those off on the MP for the sake of having a nice outfit XD It's a cool feature in theory but because I'm the kind of person to hang onto an item for years it's not one I use in the "right" way, haha.

If Gaia implemented a feature where you could sell "packs" of items, or ones where you could sell selected items off an outfit, I'd probably be more likely to use it as both a buyer and seller.

Thats actually a pretty good idea.

Rainbow Noob

wonderfinch

The concept is great for users who retire avatars and sell them off entirely in order to buy new ones, but I think more people hold on to their items as you do. It's more practical to build up an inventory than constantly buy and sell the things you use, really. c:

I would totally be up for something like that, where we could sell all items in bulk, and not just equippables. It's great being able to get rid of stuff like that without going through the exchange, 2% tax and all. XD

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
gozaimasu

The concept is great for users who retire avatars and sell them off entirely in order to buy new ones, but I think more people hold on to their items as you do. It's more practical to build up an inventory than constantly buy and sell the things you use, really. c:

I would totally be up for something like that, where we could sell all items in bulk, and not just equippables. It's great being able to get rid of stuff like that without going through the exchange, 2% tax and all. XD

Oh, gosh, I didn't even think of a non-equippables bulk-selling system. I love fishing but selling my catches is so ridiculously inconvenient that I only do it about twice a year XD I would be so happy if they implemented a system to just dump all my junk at once- even if I did have to pay the tax on it.

Honestly, I'd be willing to pay a higher tax for the convenience of not having to individually sell a ton of junk XD

Rainbow Noob

wonderfinch
Oh, gosh, I didn't even think of a non-equippables bulk-selling system. I love fishing but selling my catches is so ridiculously inconvenient that I only do it about twice a year XD I would be so happy if they implemented a system to just dump all my junk at once- even if I did have to pay the tax on it.

Honestly, I'd be willing to pay a higher tax for the convenience of not having to individually sell a ton of junk XD

Agreed! My trash piles up like crazy from the Daily Chance, and I don't want to trash it, but selling it one piece at a time is crazy. It would be very awesome for ye fisherpersons too. Huuu, why don't we have thisss...

Hygienic Cutie-Pie

22,950 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
if you are lucky you get to buy pretty outfits cheaper than getting them individually. What i don't understand is how some outfits just got a starmony equipped and it's abp is different from when you search for that actual item in the mp.

Invisible Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
gozaimasu
wonderfinch

Agreed! My trash piles up like crazy from the Daily Chance, and I don't want to trash it, but selling it one piece at a time is crazy. It would be very awesome for ye fisherpersons too. Huuu, why don't we have thisss...

Thats a strange coincidence because im one of those fisherpersons :3
Have any of you ever bought anything on there before?
I'm just trying to establish whether it's even worth selling outfits on there.

Timid Explorer

Well, for the defense of this feaure:

If there's a item out of stock in the MP, you can always browse through the outfits for it.
There are always outfits in between with reasonable prices and decent items. They're rare, but they're there.
That way, I found 2 or 3 times a item that I couldn't find elsewhere in the MP or Exchange and just sold the rest of the bought outfit.

But otherwise I agree with the rest here

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I see a lot of outfits with items worth like 1000g selling for like 600g. If this was 2004 I would totally buy them and sell for than ammount of profit, though these days so not worth caring.

shavos's Partner

Adventuring Kitty

26,025 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Married 100
sometimes an outfit will have one expensive item in it that is worth more or equal to the outfit. Ive seen this maybe 3 times . Most of the stuff is junk and the outfits are hideouse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff