Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fatcat

Hello

I've decided to quest for some items in the market place since I got my trading past today, but the prices of the pretty items are shocking. They are so expensive. It's gonna take me ages to save up that much gold. I was just wondering if there was any fast methods in gaining gold?

Mage

I usually just go to the aquarium forum,
and you can click on people's threads there,
and play the aquarium game in their signatures.

Fatcat

Windshinobi
I usually just go to the aquarium forum,
and you can click on people's threads there,
and play the aquarium game in their signatures.

Ah, cool. I didn't know that. I'll go and check it out. ^^

Wealthy Hoarder

Post play games and the like. Fish... Buy gc...

To be honest so many ways.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Pretty much, fast gold earning can be divided into two categories - simple (requires no real skill) and entrepreneurial (you'll need some kind of personal abilities to do this, but it can earn you a lot more gold if you're good at it).

Simple
~Booty Grab - it's a mini game where you grab gold from people's aquariums in a mini-game. Each mini-game lasts for about a minute and the best place to find them is in the Aquariums forum (you can get there from the Forums landing page under Gaia Community). You can get about 1k-2k from most tanks posted in the forum. It's polite to bump the user's thread when you're done, because it helps other people know they're glowing. You can earn up to 150k in one day playing this game (between midnight PST - 11.59pm PST).
-Pros
~Doesn't take much time to play a single game
~No other user interaction required
-Cons
~Is kind of boring (trust me on this one)
~Can be a big drag on processing if you have a slower computer.

~ZOMG - it's Gaia's MMO, where you can take your avatar on an adventure. There's not a huge storyline, but once you get yourself towards the top levels, it's pretty easy to earn gold. You can earn up to 50k per day playing ZOMG, or if you have donor status (have bought one item over 249 GC in a month) you can earn up to 160k in a day. Your mileage may vary, but in a skilled crew doing an EB run, you can hit the 160k cap in about 90 minutes. Most people can very easily earn 50k an hour in popular instances when in a full crew.
-Pros
~It's a good place to make friends
~If you're good at the game, it's probably the fastest place to earn gold
-Cons
~There is a bit of time investment in levelling up your character before you can earn lots of gold
~You need to work with other people (some people consider this a con)
~You'll need fairly good specifications on your computer to reduce user-side lag (though you can use tools such as Adblock to help with this)

~Heralds of Chaos
This is Gaia's newest venture, and is effectively a Collectable Card Game. Think of Risk meets Magic the Gathering. You earn in-game currency by winning matches & also by killing your opponent's troops. I'm not sure whether they've let everyone in yet, but if you click on the HoC link in games, you can ask to be admitted to the beta, even if they don't let you in straight away. You can earn up to 50k a day by essence conversion. It has a PvP option, so you can play against strangers or your friends.
-Pros
~If you're competititve, this is the game for you!
~It's very nice to look at
-Cons
~It's in beta, so there's still some balancing & game-play issues
~If you're not really competitive, you probably won't find it very fun, as the meat of the game is PvP

~Cash Tree
You can earn Gaia Cash- Gaia's premium currency, just from watching some videos every day (and you don't even really need to watch them- just open them up in a tab & turn your volume down). Depending on your location, you may get less or more videos available, but it's free cash for doing very little. You can either save up the GC for something you'd like, or sell popular items you've bought with your GC to get extra gold. The other offers can be okay, but some of them can be scams. Videos however are perfectly safe.

Entrepeneurial
~Art Shops
If you're talented at art, you can make quite a bit of gold selling your art to other people. Take some time to familiarise yourself with the art shops forum. People really like art & will sometimes pay over one million gold for very detailed & skilled pieces, but even basic chibi art will earn you 50-100k. Obviously, you need to have some form of artistic ability, and a graphics program on your computer to do this.

~Vending/Exchanging
If you're interested, you can make gold by utilising the user marketplace- very simply, buy low, sell high. If you're talented, you can have effectively infinite earnings by doing this, but you'll need to have some starting capital to get the really big earns. Check out some vending guilds if you'd like to know more- The Profiteers Guild is just one example which has some guides/resources to get you started. There's no minimum amount of gold required, but you need to be patient & educated in order to do well at vending.

~GC Purchase
If you have disposable income, you can purchase items with Gaia Cash & sell them on the marketplace to get extra gold. Some popular things to sell (they'll net you a lot of gold owing to demand) are RIG Bundles (random item generator) which come out once per month & cost 999 GC and REIs (rapid evolving items), which tend to be released every month- 6 weeks & cost 499 GC. However, anything in the store will get you gold from selling it. Obviously- this method only works if you have income you're prepared to spend on the site.

These are effectively the 6 biggest ways of earning gold on the site. There's no reason to just stick to one method. For me personally, I play lots of ZOMG, and I also have recently started doing some vending, plus I collect game items for sale (I didn't cover this because it's a little more complicated & not quite as cost effective initially). The most important thing is to find a method or methods of earning gold that you find fun- there's lots you can do.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Familiar Flip-Flopper

10,500 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Rain Cloods
Hello

I've decided to quest for some items in the market place since I got my trading past today, but the prices of the pretty items are shocking. They are so expensive. It's gonna take me ages to save up that much gold. I was just wondering if there was any fast methods in gaining gold?

ZOMG! under games, best three days of 400k gold making ever....only took 12 or so hours total

Beloved Sex Symbol

I would say zOMG is my preference because it's the most fun way for me to make gold. 3nodding And it's very social with other players.

Extragalactic Cosmonaut

I don't really get zOMG! but I have made a decent amount of money from stalking the aquarium threads. :3
If you want more items, stalk the marketplace.
I'm new here, too, so I feel your pain. xD
what are you aiming for?

Gracious Muse

16,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Zzyli

This is easily the only post you need to read.
Have you written a guide, Zzyli?

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Rain Cloods

depends how much time do you have in your spare time. I started by posting in the forums.

Having 2-4 hours of spare time, I would go to zOMG. there are other games aside from zOMG can give you fast golds.

Tip is: dont rush in those expensive items as your quest. Start small, you'll get there eventually once you know what you're gonna do in Gaiaonline.

6,925 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
You can do many things!

☆ zOMG [Faster way]
★ Booty Grab
☆ Surfing The Site
+ More!

Gaia is a little more better than TinierMe due to it has more variety and more options to get things :3 for all my years of being on Gaia + TinierMe, it has been amazing on both! Gaia is just another TinierMe but like I said, with more options and variety! ♥

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
November Days
Zzyli

This is easily the only post you need to read.
Have you written a guide, Zzyli?

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Well... I've written a couple of guide/resource threads, but none of them have to do with gold earning. So technically the answer is no. I just figured that it was easiest to sum up all the information in one post.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

houyu's Husbando

Lily-livered Hoarder

I'm a greedy fatcat and as much as I want to hoard my ways of earning gold

It's not really a secret.

the fastest way is to buy cash shop items to resell (or if you want to take a gamble, buy the chance items (CI) and try them. Who knows, you might get a 1mil gold item just from a single CI. I don't really recommend this though, the chances aren't high emo sadly I've never got anything worth that much from the ones I opened.

Play games. I suggest playing for tickets. Either sell the tickets for quick gold or research on what items would sell well that you can only purchase using tickets, then selling the items for gold for potentially higher returns.

With this, I just intentionally made my chances of earning gold more difficult emotion_donotwant

Wealthy Hoarder

Just to let you know. With rigs you can get very rich!

Twice now I got two very high items. So GC might work. (However I must limit my GC!)

However, I find cards to be very good way to make gold. The tickets sell.

Or use the tickets to buy an item in Prize and joy and then sell it. Or sell it back to the site.

...play slots. sweatdrop

Didn't at one time gaia have a lotto? What happened to it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff