Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello,
I am looking for a RP partner for Fullmetal Alchemist, and for the pairing of Elricest.
Please send me a private message if you are interested, and if you are over 18+.

I will also post a sample of my writing. This one is based off of historic London, with Edward being homeless. PM me is you are interested.

I don't have any memories as a kid. Anything after the age of six is fine, but ask me a question about my younger years? You've got me. Maybe my Mom died; maybe she simply left. Or maybe she gave me up to my Dad. I honestly doubt that she gave me to him though…what kind of Mom would give her kid up to an evil b*****d? She must've been dead if I ended up there.

But I'll never really know those days, will I? What happened those first six years, a third of my life isn’t that important. So it's nothing to dwell over, right?

Wrong.

I may not have any clear memories, I may not remember faces or names or places, but I do remember someone. Not looked like or who they were, but I remember someone's voice, soft and warm. I…I think he was a boy, around my age, but back then I sounded like a girl, so who knows. But he would always ask if I was okay, hide with me from Dad. He was the one person I loved, the one person I could talk to. I remember…I would hide him from my father, protecting him from those hands that left you black and blue.

But I'll never know what happened to him. Maybe all this time I've been imagining this voice in my head; maybe I just want something to cling helplessly to. Even so, I’d like to think he’s living somewhere, and that he’s safe and happy. Warm too, since another winter’s coming.

X
XXX
X

A strong wind blew, chilling everything in it’s path. A teen standing by the Thames felt the freezing wind like a smack in the face; how could it be winter? Hadn’t the other winter just ended a few weeks, a few minutes ago? Hadn’t he just made it through one tough winter to savor the warmth he’d been missing? And again, it was winter?!

‘Complaining won’t change a thing’ he thought miserable. It was time to make a plan, a way to survive the cold; having no home, no family made it much more difficult. The warmth was more important right now, and making sure the cold didn’t freeze his was an issue that would come in the next few weeks. Being one of those wanderers without a home, a street child, and a thief wasn’t easy, and it was a joke that anyone would want to live a life like his. There were so many names for what he 'was' but the majority of these names were simply stereotypical. Besides, he preferred his own name, thanks. Edward was a much better name than being called a rat of 1888.

It wasn’t that Edward didn’t do anything to earn money—on the contrary he had been working for the last couple of years at a number of different places. But when his employers found out about his ability to read, write, do math, and speak French fluently many would simply become too angry to think; ironic when the thing that angered them was involving intellect. Edward wasn’t exactly sure what had made them so furious, but he assumed that they felt as if he had lied to them about having no home to simply get a job. He didn’t look the part of someone knowing much of books and of the sciences, the sciences being one of his passions as a small boy. His teacher, his “big brother” had been good to him.

Taking a deep breath Edward sighed; the memories were making his head hurt. All memories ever did was make him see things he tried avoiding the majority of the time. He didn’t want to think about his childhood but to him, childhood ended at the age of eight. Its demise was when he had his final escape from his father, when he had decided enough was too much. That was when he met his savior, when on a rainy night by the very same Thames he was saved. A young man in his twenties, dark hair and eyes, and an interesting view on life were what this stranger had. But none the less he was the new life Ed needed.

Roy Mustang, the man who had taught Edward to fight, given him knowledge that was useful; in his opinion his big brother. Roy had been Ed’s teacher and friend, the one who looked after him after his escape. Those were happy times, and the best that Ed remembered. But sadly, god, fate, or something else hadn’t liked this change for Ed, and his luck would not hold—Roy left when Edward had just turned eleven. For all Ed knew Roy was now dead. At least, he was now dead to Edward, just as all the images from his past were.

Ed shook his head—enough memories for one day, enough painful thoughts. The air was clearing with a breeze from the ocean, up the filthy river. A nice change from smoggy, thickness London's air was known for even if it was cold. Winter wasn't so terrible when you could breath, right? But this cold air was colder than last year, colder than years before. Edward didn’t think he’d ever felt the wind so cold before, and the thought of breathing the fridge air all winter made his lungs numb. Would he be able to make it this year?

Time for a distraction, something less depressing, something to keep his mind off of morbid things. Digging through the giant trench coat, Edward looked for his cigarettes, the one thing he would willingly waste his money on.

Oh, the habits he had gotten over the years! It wasn't something he was proud of, by any means. When he had lived with Roy the older man had smoked, and at the time Edward had hated it. The smell, and the way Roy was weakened without the small things. But it was something that had happened over time, something that had melted into his childhood, and with curiosity Ed tried them and was too addicted. He must've been...what, thirteen when he started? It was better than drinking, and he wasn't going to try that new cutting thing. It didn't make sense to cut your skin when life sucked. Wouldn't that just make things worse? Make you feel even more sorry for yourself? Smoking was an alternative to all of that, and it was, if possible, soothing when things weren’t going his way.

Trying to protect his small match from the wind, Ed used his hands to muffle the winds away from the fire he would make in a split second. Holding his breath, he struck his match paper. Instantly, the wind blew out his little light, exactly what Edward was expecting. Realizing that there was no way to light it, Edward stuck the small 'death sticks' back into his large pockets. His baggy trench coat, his baggy clothes. He was only around 5"1, so most clothing was...bigger anyways. Most sixteen year olds were an easy four inches taller than he was; heck even the girls of London were taller. But considering the diet he had, it was easy to say that Ed was very underweight. But…his height was just genetics, and he disliked the simple fact greatly.

'Rather show my ribs than steal to live.' He thought bitterly, frowning at the though.Edward was proud to say that even though he had been living off of the streets for five years he had never stolen from another person. He used clothing that was trash of the wealthier persons of London, found coins on the streets to buy food with. Certain bars and restaurants always threw away whole meals, at the end of the day, and if you picked the right places you'd have an okay set of shoes, feel less hungry, and have a couple of pounds to your name.

At the thought of food and his weight Ed's stomach grumbled. Food would be really nice right now. But most of London's cats, rats, and other animals will have eaten what was outside of the restaurants. It was time to find a place to sleep for the night, to live another day, and wake in the morning.

Turning from the river, Edward walked down the cobblestone street, towards Covent Garden—it was a long walk, but he could sleep in the garden with the roses. The weather would kill them off by the end of tomorrow, and he had spent his summer with the sharp thorns and the beautiful, blood red flowers. Back to them for one last time.
ED IS MINE >:O

Interesting Genius

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
I have a guild with RP subforums in it, though no one is in them. So other words recruiting for my guild and alos RPers.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/animated-world/g.18409/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces