Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

8,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I've been in events where I've been on the side with more numbers, and other ones where I was on the side with less numbers. I really don't see anything wrong with the side with more numbers winning because obviously, people chose their side for a reason. Why not have the team with more numbers win?

...or we could have another event like grave danger where there are no sides; that one was actually pretty fun

Distinct Lunatic

I really didn't like grave danger because of the items. The NPC fight was actually pretty decent though, but kinda tacky non-the less. At least they had an awesome story even if it was hastily hashed out.

This, and most team based events like this, with an unfair weighted advantage to one sid e(that is, the boneheaded adjustment they had and not truly stating how they discern active and non-active), just screams out "we're gonna piss you all off, so go ahead, scream, shout, say we rigged it, we don't care."

Beloved Shapeshifter

Sartol has a point. This did seem almost as if it tried to favor one side. Something tells me that regardless of the outcome and in the comic, Nyx would still be summoned. The difference is, say that the dark elves had the advantage instead of Von Helson's house. I could almost see a huge onslaught under the sister's name with Nyx not necessarily fatally wounding the Von Helsons, with some neutral entity preventing a blood bath. With this, it looks like a last resort thing, but it could still play out with the neutral entity, perhaps the Don, stopping some of it.
sorry about trade off. It was me that sent the mods the pm about the points glitch. I told him that is why the points pointed in kuro gangs favor and that is why they had less killls and significantly less heals and were still ahead. I guess they took my advice into consideration.

(hence the comic addition)

Distinct Lunatic

Suiseiten
Sartol has a point. This did seem almost as if it tried to favor one side. Something tells me that regardless of the outcome and in the comic, Nyx would still be summoned. The difference is, say that the dark elves had the advantage instead of Von Helson's house. I could almost see a huge onslaught under the sister's name with Nyx not necessarily fatally wounding the Von Helsons, with some neutral entity preventing a blood bath. With this, it looks like a last resort thing, but it could still play out with the neutral entity, perhaps the Don, stopping some of it.
Don's obviously not neutral now is he? the only neutral party woudl be the humans who took no side (like Edmond,) or were busy doing something else (like the gods, who are just trying to get their powers back)
Kamon Keronji
sorry about trade off. It was me that sent the mods the pm about the points glitch. I told him that is why the points pointed in kuro gangs favor and that is why they had less killls and significantly less heals and were still ahead. I guess they took my advice into consideration.

I'm confused. How are they going to adjust the points? Via the plot line?

And while the kills were obviously far off, in healing, the Kuro Gang actually managed to lead Von Helsons by the end.

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Ning-Shu
Kamon Keronji

I'm confused. How are they going to adjust the points? Via the plot line?

And while the kills were obviously far off, in healing, the Kuro Gang actually managed to lead Von Helsons by the end.
We did? I knew we weren't far off from the Healing point, but we managed to surpass the Von Helsons? surprised

Destitute Wench

Kamon Keronji

Though the elves had significantly less attacks, we pulled ahead with more heals on the last day. 3nodding In fact, the elves heals were never significantly behind the vampires during the game. It was the attacks. The last numbers I saw, which was around 7:00 p.m. Pacific time, the elves had around 75k attacks and the vampires were in the high 180k. But the elves had over 2k more heals. wink How the points were determined, I don't have a clue. Someone said it had to do with active participation.
Cresandra
We did? I knew we weren't far off from the Healing point, but we managed to surpass the Von Helsons? surprised

Yes, we actually were up by at least a thousand, like, two hours before the event ended. I know that people are complaining, but it's pretty impressive in my book that we managed to pull even/ahead in terms of those numbers.
Ok what I am trying to get at is this...

Most of you pledged your alliance to the kuro gang thinking that they were the good guys. the von helsons were always the bad people in the manga. you joined them in the fight thinking that the von helson's needed to be stopped with their evil plan for a takeover. (hence page 7 of him) but when the fight ended and the manga continued THE KURO GANG was the bad guys dabbling in the occult trying to revive nyx proving the vampires quote "the don has become a threat" and take over gaia. now I think what they are saying it is up to the vampires and gaian's to protect gaia from nyx and defeat the kuro gang members.

so basicly you won the kuro gang the war but for all the wrong reasons!

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
sartol
(that is, the boneheaded adjustment they had and not truly stating how they discern active and non-active)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That if you read the actual notes of the adjustment actually ended up helping the vamps by a significant amount.

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Ning-Shu
Cresandra

Yes, we actually were up by at least a thousand, like, two hours before the event ended. I know that people are complaining, but it's pretty impressive in my book that we managed to pull even/ahead in terms of those numbers.
It is, no matter what people say, we WERE significantly outnumbered. That's really the reason why we had such high healing numbers, because vampires were slapping us around left and right.

Beloved Shapeshifter

sartol
Suiseiten
Don's obviously not neutral now is he? the only neutral party woudl be the humans who took no side (like Edmond,) or were busy doing something else (like the gods, who are just trying to get their powers back)
I may have been reading between the lines, but both sides seemed to have some sort of respect or fear for the Don, so I kinda assumed he was neutral. sweatdrop
Cresandra
It is, no matter what people say, we WERE significantly outnumbered. That's really the reason why we had such high healing numbers, because vampires were slapping us around left and right.

All I know is that I and others busted our butts in the event, so while I feel for the vamps, I've been on the losing side before (O Overseer) and I can't help but feel a bit of satisfaction in not being beaten purely because the other side had more people.
Kamon Keronji
so basicly you won the kuro gang the war but for all the wrong reasons!

And the people who won for Sentinel were in it for the cute and cuddlies?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff