Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veveve
[I'm not making any assumption.
It's true that if you get in a habit of something, then you continue the habit.
I'm not saying that people who are using grammar incorrectly are pathetic. I'm saying their reasoning is pathetic.

It doesn't matter if people don't care. They can not care about whatever they want.
But you sure are caring that someone would actually want to type correctly.
If we follow about how the CB doesn't care with things, how come you're caring so much?
He's just pointing out the obvious, which is something you're allowed to do on the CB, correct?

I'm more stunned how you take everything out of context and you think that whatever is being said is about you.
Especially since I haven't worded anything incorrectly, or in a way that is confusing.
]

Demonic Hellraiser

14,425 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hellraiser 500
emotion_zzz

Conservative Explorer

Veveve
Pair of Sockies
Veveve
[Grammar matters everywhere.
People might not think that it matters, but it does.
If it didn't, why do the admins and other official Gaia members use correct grammar?
The only reason why anyone would make a claim that grammar doesn't matter, is to have some pathetic excuse to be so lazy and not know the language they're speaking / typing in.
Even if English isn't your first language, that shouldn't be an excuse. Because then you would be still trying to learn the language and accept that someone is clarifying something.

Besides, most people who get in habit of typing incorrectly will continue to type incorrectly when they're writing a paper or anything else of importance.
]

look at you making assumptions like the previous fellow: "because i dont give a s**t about grammar on gaia i must make mistakes when i'm trying to write formally AND FURTHERMORE i must be pathetic and lazy"
how far does your condescension go i wonder?

gaia is not a formal forum, chatterbox is especially informal
the majority of people on gaia don't give two hoots about how you type, please take it somewhere else

this wasn't even worth my time, i guess im just stunned at the way you worded that

No, you are lazy, why else wouldn't you type correctly? People type incorrectly because they are lazy, not because they are trying to be informal. That's like saying a grammatically correct person is the "dressed up business man" and the grammatically incorrect man is the "smelly homeless man". You don't dress like a smelly homeless man to be informal, do you? No, you wear casual clothes and still take care of your hygiene. Instead of typing like a child, to be informal you should type correctly, and not "serious" like an official moderator warning, which would be the "business man".

Oh, here is an assumption for you, you're butthurt. lol
I Am A Photographer
[I did.
^-^

I have to get dressed soon.
I'm still sitting in my pajamas
Lol
@-@
I have a long day of school today
]

Shapeshifter

I Am A Photographer
Grammar does matter here on Gaia. If it didn't, the administrators would be "tipng liek dis".
It is the people here on Gaia that simply do not care enough to type correctly, not the assumption that grammar doesn't matter on Gaia.

the userbase is what makes up gaia. if the userbase doesn't care then it doesn't matter.
admins and mods dont care how we type, they can choose to type properly if they wish (just as is the same with anybody) but even then some of them don't care if they type perfectly or if they type like a huge dingus

Deadly Elocutionist

8,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
I don't care as long as I can read it. However I have caught myself using "Your" instead of "You're"
when I'm extremely tired and end up kicking myself for it and editing. sweatdrop I have worked with people that have special needs and some are very basic (Such as dyslexic) So I don't really judge anymore you don't know what the person behind the keyboard is like.

Conservative Explorer

Pair of Sockies
I Am A Photographer
[I did.
^-^

I have to get dressed soon.
I'm still sitting in my pajamas
Lol
@-@
I have a long day of school today
]

Accepted. biggrin
I can't wait until college. All I do right now is sit inside and watch television, or do outside activities, such as photography. sweatdrop
Which makes me think of something else...I need a job, too. gonk
Have fun at school! biggrin Go outsmart and confuse the bullies with your knowledge. heart

Conservative Explorer

Veveve
I Am A Photographer
Grammar does matter here on Gaia. If it didn't, the administrators would be "tipng liek dis".
It is the people here on Gaia that simply do not care enough to type correctly, not the assumption that grammar doesn't matter on Gaia.

the userbase is what makes up gaia. if the userbase doesn't care then it doesn't matter.
admins and mods dont care how we type, they can choose to type properly if they wish (just as is the same with anybody) but even then some of them don't care if they type perfectly or if they type like a huge dingus

Ah, so you like to "go with the flow" and follow peer pressure. Everyone else types like an idiot, you should to, right? lol
I Am A Photographer
[I find college better than high school.
Because people actually care and you didn't have nearly as many annoying idiots who just didn't care.
Nahh.. Today is the day of the boring classes..
Calculus, American Literature, Music Appreciation.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are the fun days.
That's when I have my Organic Chemistry lecture, on Wednesday I have the lab as well.
^-^
]

Conservative Explorer

K0olia
I don't care as long as I can read it. However I have caught myself using "Your" instead of "You're"
when I'm extremely tired and end up kicking myself for it and editing. sweatdrop I have worked with people that have special needs and some are very basic (Such as dyslexic) So I don't really judge anymore you don't know what the person behind the keyboard is like.

Dyslexia would be a reason for grammar impurities, however most people just type like an idiot for the sake of being lazy.
But you brought up something that makes me dislike people who do not type correctly even more. The fact they are basically insulting the people with mental disabilities, such as dyslexia. Dyslexic people would love to be able to write and type correctly all of the time without problems, but others without a problem, type like an idiot on purpose. They don't understand what such a gift typing correctly truly is. neutral

Conservative Explorer

Pair of Sockies
I Am A Photographer
[I find college better than high school.
Because people actually care and you didn't have nearly as many annoying idiots who just didn't care.
Nahh.. Today is the day of the boring classes..
Calculus, American Literature, Music Appreciation.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are the fun days.
That's when I have my Organic Chemistry lecture, on Wednesday I have the lab as well.
^-^
]

Indeed. ^^
Oh, wow. lol I hate boring teachers/classes. If I was a teacher, I would make things fun. For literature, I wouldn't sit around and read a book with my students, I would let them perform each character's role in the book. Would make a great, and highly interesting, class. Acting is fun for anyone. lol
I Am A Photographer
[Not for me it isn't.
@-@
I would be that kid who sits away from that and just watches other people
@-@

I mean, I find Calculus fun..
But that's because I'm a major Math and Science person
x-x
]

Conservative Explorer

Pair of Sockies
I Am A Photographer
[Not for me it isn't.
@-@
I would be that kid who sits away from that and just watches other people
@-@

I mean, I find Calculus fun..
But that's because I'm a major Math and Science person
x-x
]

For you, I would hand you a bag of popcorn. Watching is still learning. biggrin
Nice. ^^ What do you plan to do for a living? There are a lot of opportunities. ^^

Shapeshifter

I Am A Photographer
Veveve
Pair of Sockies
Veveve
[Grammar matters everywhere.
People might not think that it matters, but it does.
If it didn't, why do the admins and other official Gaia members use correct grammar?
The only reason why anyone would make a claim that grammar doesn't matter, is to have some pathetic excuse to be so lazy and not know the language they're speaking / typing in.
Even if English isn't your first language, that shouldn't be an excuse. Because then you would be still trying to learn the language and accept that someone is clarifying something.

Besides, most people who get in habit of typing incorrectly will continue to type incorrectly when they're writing a paper or anything else of importance.
]

look at you making assumptions like the previous fellow: "because i dont give a s**t about grammar on gaia i must make mistakes when i'm trying to write formally AND FURTHERMORE i must be pathetic and lazy"
how far does your condescension go i wonder?

gaia is not a formal forum, chatterbox is especially informal
the majority of people on gaia don't give two hoots about how you type, please take it somewhere else

this wasn't even worth my time, i guess im just stunned at the way you worded that

No, you are lazy, why else wouldn't you type correctly? People type incorrectly because they are lazy, not because they are trying to be informal. That's like saying a grammatically correct person is the "dressed up business man" and the grammatically incorrect man is the "smelly homeless man". You don't dress like a smelly homeless man to be informal, do you? No, you wear casual clothes and still take care of your hygiene. Instead of typing like a child, to be informal you should type correctly, and not "serious" like an official moderator warning, which would be the "business man".

Oh, here is an assumption for you, you're butthurt. lol

rolleyes first of all, notice i'm not typing incorrectly, just without caps. personally i choose to type this way, it's not that i don't know how to/am too lazy to.
bla bla bla you making assumptions, bla bla bla you care about things other people do even though it doesn't affect you, bla bla bla taking sarcastic jabs at me
and your final sentence didn't make sense to me possibly because im too tired

yeah im going to bed, it's been a blast but i need sleep.
gl preaching about grammar on gaia, peace.

Shapeshifter

I Am A Photographer
Veveve
I Am A Photographer

Ah, so you like to "go with the flow" and follow peer pressure. Everyone else types like an idiot, you should to, right? lol

yes that's it thanks for clearing that up (dolt)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff