Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Explorer

Pair of Sockies
I Am A Photographer
[It also bothers me when people use "u" for "you" or "r" for "are', ect.
I mean, it really isn't hard to type out two more letters.
I really believe that it's faster to type out the entire word anyways.
x-x
]

Etc.
It's an abbreviation of the Latin phrase "et cetera" which means "and other things" or "and so on." biggrin

I agree. I used to type grammatically incorrect all of the time when I was 13-14 years old. Gaia and White Collar (Television series) are the reasons for my grammatical successes. smile I would fantasize about becoming as intelligent and smooth as the character, Neal Caffrey. Those two things sparked my interest in knowledge. Gaia was my testing ground for typing, especially in rally, when having to type fast and correct to be able to hold a conversation with my peers.

Conservative Explorer

MOANa Iisa
I Am A Photographer
MOANa Iisa
I Am A Photographer
MOANa Iisa

Thanks! I like it, too. redface
I thought it was perfect because like art and masturbation. Omg. Tmi? Tmi. 4laugh

You're very welcome. smile
Not enough information! Do tell more. emotion_dowant

Omg wut. redface
I just. omg. I was masturbating and this song came on my ipod and it was singing about mona lisa and I was like BINGO exclaim

Oh my gosh, I think I just created a da Vinci in my pants. eek

Maybe we should take this somewhere private. omg redface redface redface

Yes we shall. heart

Newbie Humorist

9,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Friendly 100
I Am A Photographer
MOANa Iisa
I Am A Photographer
MOANa Iisa
I Am A Photographer
MOANa Iisa

Thanks! I like it, too. redface
I thought it was perfect because like art and masturbation. Omg. Tmi? Tmi. 4laugh

You're very welcome. smile
Not enough information! Do tell more. emotion_dowant

Omg wut. redface
I just. omg. I was masturbating and this song came on my ipod and it was singing about mona lisa and I was like BINGO exclaim

Oh my gosh, I think I just created a da Vinci in my pants. eek

Maybe we should take this somewhere private. omg redface redface redface

Yes we shall. heart

Omg yayayayayaayyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! 4laugh redface
I Am A Photographer
[I know what it is.
And I was using it correctly, as in: "I'll use ect. instead of writing out more examples"
I've just have the habit of never capitalizing the e.
Always seemed pointless.

I actually had the same problem too.
I type so much faster now than I did before.
But I learned on IM, I had a friend that I respected and they typed correctly..
So then I started to.
x-x
]

Conservative Explorer

Veveve
I Am A Photographer
Veveve
I Am A Photographer
Veveve

are you even hearing yourself
you're attacking my personality, making assumptions about someone that you don't even know.
you've completely derailed the original point which is that cbers don't need to be told when they're using the wrong grammatical structure
this isn't about how bothered i am or about what i think of people who express their religion

It seems as though you couldn't comprehend the similarity. No worries, I can explain it for you, I have plenty of time. smile You were implying I am trying to force CBers to type grammatically when you wrote "type however you want, just don't try to make others type the same way". I used the "religious people force you to follow their religion" as a similarity. The conversation has nothing to do about religion, it is just a similarity, as I do not try and force people to type the same way as me. lol Everyone has the right to share their opinions, and I was sharing mine, not forcing people to do what I think is best. smile

i was not implying anything, i clearly stated what i meant
you want people to stop making grammatical mistakes, hence why you bothered to make this thread (which btw.. everyone is aware of these rules and the people who aren't following them don't care.)
similarities are not a proper way to rebutt a claim and trying to make an assumption about me personally is condescending and just isn't proving anything.

I made assumptions about you? Oh my gosh, that is terrible! eek
It sounded to me like you were implying I am trying to force you to type correctly. I am just sharing my opinions. I apologize the misunderstanding of the statement. smile

"i was not implying anything, i clearly stated what i meant"
i was not directing the statement it at your character, i was directing it at your actions regarding this topic (the topic of you making a post about grammar)
you, however, tried to make a personal claim about me about something completely unrelated
do you understand?

Now you're just sounding like you're trying to unconsciously overpower me, because I apologized for the misunderstanding, and for the fact I had the misunderstanding in the first place. smile
The "personal claim" is invalid due to the misinterpretation of the "forcing" statement.
The "do you understand" at the end of your response is a very sassy remark of vengeance. smile

Conservative Explorer

Pair of Sockies
I Am A Photographer
[I know what it is.
And I was using it correctly, as in: "I'll use ect. instead of writing out more examples"
I've just have the habit of never capitalizing the e.
Always seemed pointless.

I actually had the same problem too.
I type so much faster now than I did before.
But I learned on IM, I had a friend that I respected and they typed correctly..
So then I started to.
x-x
]

No, no, "etc", not "ect". Et Cetera is the Latin phrase for the abbreviation, "etc". 3nodding
You don't have to listen, you just sound like you're interested in learning like me. heart I used to use "ect" all of the time. smile

Shapeshifter

I Am A Photographer
Veveve
I Am A Photographer
Veveve
I Am A Photographer
Veveve

are you even hearing yourself
you're attacking my personality, making assumptions about someone that you don't even know.
you've completely derailed the original point which is that cbers don't need to be told when they're using the wrong grammatical structure
this isn't about how bothered i am or about what i think of people who express their religion

It seems as though you couldn't comprehend the similarity. No worries, I can explain it for you, I have plenty of time. smile You were implying I am trying to force CBers to type grammatically when you wrote "type however you want, just don't try to make others type the same way". I used the "religious people force you to follow their religion" as a similarity. The conversation has nothing to do about religion, it is just a similarity, as I do not try and force people to type the same way as me. lol Everyone has the right to share their opinions, and I was sharing mine, not forcing people to do what I think is best. smile

you want people to stop making grammatical mistakes, hence why you bothered to make this thread (which btw.. everyone is aware of these rules and the people who aren't following them don't care.)
similarities are not a proper way to rebutt a claim and trying to make an assumption about me personally is condescending and just isn't proving anything.

It sounded to me like you were implying I am trying to force you to type correctly. I am just sharing my opinions. I apologize the misunderstanding of the statement. smile

i was not directing the statement it at your character, i was directing it at your actions regarding this topic (the topic of you making a post about grammar)
you, however, tried to make a personal claim about me about something completely unrelated
do you understand?

Now you're just sounding like you're trying to unconsciously overpower me, because I apologized for the misunderstanding, and for the fact I had the misunderstanding in the first place. smile
The "personal claim" is invalid due to the misinterpretation of the "forcing" statement.
The "do you understand" at the end of your response is a very sassy remark of vengeance. smile

i'm not trying to overpower you i'm trying to get a point across to you
nothing i have said is invalid because you still made the mistake in the first place
you just keep on making assumptions about things that don't matter, while you consciously avoid the main point
grammar doesn't matter here on gaia, never has and never will
*fin*
I Am A Photographer
[Ohh.
Now I get what you're saying.
You should have just said I placed the letters in the wrong place.
o-o
]
Veveve
[Grammar matters everywhere.
People might not think that it matters, but it does.
If it didn't, why do the admins and other official Gaia members use correct grammar?
The only reason why anyone would make a claim that grammar doesn't matter, is to have some pathetic excuse to be so lazy and not know the language they're speaking / typing in.
Even if English isn't your first language, that shouldn't be an excuse. Because then you would be still trying to learn the language and accept that someone is clarifying something.

Besides, most people who get in habit of typing incorrectly will continue to type incorrectly when they're writing a paper or anything else of importance.
]

Conservative Explorer

Veveve
I Am A Photographer
Veveve
I Am A Photographer
Veveve

do you understand?

i'm not trying to overpower you i'm trying to get a point across to you
nothing i have said is invalid because you still made the mistake in the first place
you just keep on making assumptions about things that don't matter, while you consciously avoid the main point
grammar doesn't matter here on gaia, never has and never will
*fin*

Everyone makes mistakes. It was valid at the time the statement was created, but because I know now that I had interpreted what you meant incorrectly, it is invalid. If I knew that you meant what you did, and not as what I interpreted it as, I never would had made the similarity, which actually wasn't an assumption in the first place, but rather a sarcastic similarity, because you think that because someone believes something, (or writes a certain way) that they force others to believe (write) that way. (Which you don't, that was the misinterpretation similarity part.)
Grammar does matter here on Gaia. If it didn't, the administrators would be "tipng liek dis".
It is the people here on Gaia that simply do not care enough to type correctly, not the assumption that grammar doesn't matter on Gaia.

Super Fatcat

Conservative Explorer

Pair of Sockies
I Am A Photographer
[Ohh.
Now I get what you're saying.
You should have just said I placed the letters in the wrong place.
o-o
]

Haha Sometimes I write things out very confusingly. sweatdrop
I Am A Photographer
[It's fine~
^-^
]

Shapeshifter

Pair of Sockies
Veveve
[Grammar matters everywhere.
People might not think that it matters, but it does.
If it didn't, why do the admins and other official Gaia members use correct grammar?
The only reason why anyone would make a claim that grammar doesn't matter, is to have some pathetic excuse to be so lazy and not know the language they're speaking / typing in.
Even if English isn't your first language, that shouldn't be an excuse. Because then you would be still trying to learn the language and accept that someone is clarifying something.

Besides, most people who get in habit of typing incorrectly will continue to type incorrectly when they're writing a paper or anything else of importance.
]

look at you making assumptions like the previous fellow: "because i dont give a s**t about grammar on gaia i must make mistakes when i'm trying to write formally AND FURTHERMORE i must be pathetic and lazy"
how far does your condescension go i wonder?

gaia is not a formal forum, chatterbox is especially informal
the majority of people on gaia don't give two hoots about how you type, please take it somewhere else

this wasn't even worth my time, i guess im just stunned at the way you worded that

Conservative Explorer

Pair of Sockies
I Am A Photographer
[It's fine~
^-^
]

^^ Add me? You're very intelligent and I love intelligent people. 3nodding
Also send an add request to That Photo Guy. (That is my mule, and I am on that account most of the time.)
I would send you a request, but I already have over 500 friends, and it will not let me send them. I can only accept. o3o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff