Welcome to Gaia! ::

im currently in college, and im unsure where i'll go. the topic is self explanitory, but even if this is just something thats transferable, im not clear with what i can be doing after i graduate with this degree
You can't really do anything with any Associates degree. A Bachelor's is the minimum you need.

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
An Associates in Chemistry? You might be able to get a position as a lab assistant in a hospital or something...maybe.

Great transfer degree, though.
Make a very short-lived fire with the diploma.

Greedy Grabber

Why not go for the bachelor's so you can actually do something with it?

Wheezing Fatcat

Mmm... I'm finishing up a bachelor's in chemistry at the moment. If you're lucky, lab tech. But the field is sparse with jobs depending on your location. Best to go the extra 2 years :/

Anxious Prophet

Wow no one said meth yet?

Dangerous Regular

The Whiskey Rebellion
Wow no one said meth yet?
I entered to suggest blowing things up, but your idea is more lucrative.

Rainbow Smoker

Associates degrees aren't worth anything. Before I saw this thread I didn't even remember that I had an Associates degree.
Terry Kaishi
im currently in college, and im unsure where i'll go. the topic is self explanitory, but even if this is just something thats transferable, im not clear with what i can be doing after i graduate with this degree

okay, im planing to graduate with this associates before i transfer to a university. what i just want to know is are there any positions that i can start with before/while i go to the university to get my bachalors?

Generous Poster

Terry Kaishi
Terry Kaishi

okay, im planing to graduate with this associates before i transfer to a university. what i just want to know is are there any positions that i can start with before/while i go to the university to get my bachalors?

As someone already said, you could probably get research experience in a lab. I don't think you'd be paid a lot, hell you probably wouldn't be paid and it would be more like an internship thing.

Internship experience is still very helpful in the long-run. And with that Associates, you'll be more likely to get the internship than the next undergrad!
* make meth for a living
* become a chemist teacher
* create secret food formulas ( like the krabby patty)User Image

Loiterer

Terry Kaishi
Terry Kaishi

User ImageYour school doesn't have job placement?

With an associates you can get higher wages on unskilled jobs. Meaning you can do minimum wage jobs but they'll give you more money.

But as other people suggested, try and get some internships and/or jobs related to your field. We can't tell you what jobs you can get with your degree because we don't know all the jobs there are. The AS will get your foot in the door better than someone with no degree. So join some job site or make some phone calls and start applying places and selling yourself.

Edit:
You could also use this site to help you out in figuring out what minimum requirements are.

Adored Admirer

Some already suggested what I was thinking. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff