Welcome to Gaia! ::

I overheard a comment today, it went something like "I have a lot more respect for artists now, I didn't know that they had to draw every single frame!"

Looked like he was working on a flash animation.

As an animator I found that comment pretty hilarious, I'm not sure where he thought the other frames came from.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
i always find it entertaining when someone realizes that when doing digital the computer does in fact NOT do all the work for you.

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Shanna66
i always find it entertaining when someone realizes that when doing digital the computer does in fact NOT do all the work for you.
Usually after spending a few hundred bucks on a tablet and photoshop. Only to realize that it does NOT make you magically better.

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
"Why aren't you in art school" is a favourite of mine. Better yet "Why are you here then?" referring to being in a school that's primary objective is science.
Apparently if you enjoy drawing, the only possible route career wise is art. Science is out of the question.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

They probably thought all one had to do was push a button and the computer did everything.

Dangerous Lunatic

My favourite is 'Did you draw this?', paired with a look of disbelief.

Apparently the very notion is so utterly inconceivable, that the idea of someone sitting around with another person's drawing on their lap (and holding a pencil for good measure), somehow seems less farfetched.

Tycoon

Why don't you just draw it the first time?

She was referring to how it was a waste of time to sketch before you finalize lines. She had a ton of other stupid questions but I've learned to erase my memory over those string of incidents since then. Especially when this same person said that SHE could had easily done what I do if she had the time for it, tried if she wanted to, and was depressed because apparently all artists wanna kill themselves and thats how they get their art skillzorz. < she said all that in the same sentence.

..And I still didn't punch her in the face. I wish I had.
Talking to an old high school friend of mine and showing her some drawings I did:

Her: Oh wow, you're still drawing! Like, old school!
Me: Old school...?
Her: Yeah, don't computers do that now?

Invisible Kitten

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
This is more a personal thing, but some people are all like YOU DRAW A LITTLE BIT, WHY DON'T YOU TAKE ART IN SENIOR SCHOOL.
They're like the people who think the only thing you need to know in food tech class is how to julienne carrots.

Widow

I go to a school with that caters a to the arts so it's not a big deal. But digital art is still new so I get some really dumb comments.

"Wow, do you just hop on a computer and start drawing really well?" yes of course that is what happens. It hasn't taken me 2 years to get to where I am now through trial and error I just bought photosop and became a wizard.

"OMG you didn't make that yourself the computer did." ******** you I made it. Watch me do it, too so you can shove those words down your throat.

I think these are the comments I dislike most.

Shy Conversationalist

I always find it funny when someone walks over to me in class, sees me drawing, sees the pencil in my hand, sees the bag of pencils on my desk, and asks "Did you draw this?" Or even better, when they see all of the above and go "Did you trace this? You must have traced this." There are no books I could have traced them from in sight, and my drawing style is probably a lot more childish than a lot of manga. Do I just not have an artistic look?
x_Silver_Starlight_x
"Why aren't you in art school" is a favourite of mine. Better yet "Why are you here then?" referring to being in a school that's primary objective is science.
Apparently if you enjoy drawing, the only possible route career wise is art. Science is out of the question.

My brother gets that, and he can't draw worth beans XD

Straight lines must also mean natural born artist ^^

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
"hey you like art, can you draw this for me?"

yes i will draw something i have zero interest in for free for you and it will only take me a few minutes. that totally makes sense.

Noob

"Were you on drugs when you drew this or something?"

No.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out