Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Receiver

8,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
I'm kinda confused about bloomer's, Lolita bloomer's, what are they? are they warn like leggings, or are they in replacement for panties when wearing a Lolita outfit?

Profitable Businessman

Bloomers (at least the lolita kind) aren't long enough to be worn as leggings. They are just modest short-like undergarments that typically shouldn't be seen peeking out, but are really helpful when wearing a bell-shaped skirt. Things like gusts of wind can make your skirt fly up, and it would be really akward to be wearing something like... I don't know... a thong eek underneath. I wear them over top of my regular undies, personally.

They look like this.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I've heard about people who wear them as panty replacements, but basically they're an optional thing worn to preserve your modesty and prevent people from seeing your underwear. Lolita skirts stand out a bit from your legs, so someone standing below you on a stairway or something like that might be able to see under your skirt. Additionally, gusts of wind can blow your skirts up and reveal your underwear to the world. I've even had passersby pick up my skirts and examine my petticoats to expose my legs with no regard for my personal comfort D'X

In my opinion, actual bloomers aren't necessary; however, I think when there are so many ways that someone might see your underwear I think it's necessary to wear some kind of shorts or something under your skirt if you don't want people seeing your panties. I personally loathe bloomers (they bunch and are just a pain in the a**), but I always wear short shorts under my skirt for the same reason most people use bloomers.
They're warm giant underwear that gives creepers a bit of a shock when they try and look up your skirt smile
Some people wear undies under them, some people don't, it's personal preference.
Bloomers are worn for modesty. I tend to wear them over my panties, but you don't need to if you feel comfortable.
Wearing a big floofy skirt all the time, it tends to blow up in the wind, and bloomers save you from embarrassing moments. They also come in handy when going upstairs. My School is 3 levels high, and I often find that people could look right up my skirt. Once again bloomer come to save the day! biggrin
You don't need bloomers persay, a pair of cotton shorts will work just as well, but I always feel a little bit more elegant whenever I wear them.

Man-Hungry Fairy

I wear them over my tights, for the same reason as many, but I make them cute, cause I like to bloomer bump!

Distinct Dabbler

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
BLOOMERS ARE A WONDERFUL GIFT FROM THE HEAVENS!

♥_♥ ...I really love bloomers. Their so comfy, cute, ruffly and modest.

You don't have to wear them with your lolita outfit, they're mainly just there for modesty sake, or for warmth during winter.

Hehe...I sometimes like to wear my bloomers as shorts...xD Just cause their so cute.
So, I suppose in a way I've gone to school in my underwear. ^ ^;
How scandalous.

Profitable Businessman

Tanaie
BLOOMERS ARE A WONDERFUL GIFT FROM THE HEAVENS!

♥_♥ ...I really love bloomers. Their so comfy, cute, ruffly and modest.

You don't have to wear them with your lolita outfit, they're mainly just there for modesty sake, or for warmth during winter.

Hehe...I sometimes like to wear my bloomers as shorts...xD Just cause their so cute.
So, I suppose in a way I've gone to school in my underwear. ^ ^;
How scandalous.

I've seen them worn like shorts in some Tokyo street snaps, and I think it's hella cute.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Thanks for asking this. I was wondering this myself, because before now, I had only heard the term used in reference to old fashioned women's underwear.
I'd help but I'd have no idea o_O

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
For anyone who has ever questioned the validity of bloomers, more than anything else, I suggest wearing them for comfort alone. For years I never bothered wearing bloomers with lolita as I felt it was unnecessary and I could afford yet another accessory for the fashion. Then one day I made a pair out of super cheap material and now I even wear them as pajama bottoms. More than anything it makes wearing a petticoat so much more bearable. I could easily wear a petti all day if I have bloomers on.

But as many have already stated, they are mostly used for modesty.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff