Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Hey guys! This week I'm going to try and see if I can make a topic a day highlighting an old feature!
Now for the older folks here, this might be somewhat familiar. Or at lest to those who bought stuff with their phone.

Which was perfect for me! Did you know that Gaia and the Post frown on sending moving coins in letters? I didn't!

Anyway, it was great feature you know?

Mcs and wallpaper, who could ask for more!

This was one I semi-remember getting. Sadly there is not a link from Gaia talking about MD anymore. So if you want to know more, gotta ask around.

Anyone remember this? Did you use it? Anyway know when they stop doing it?

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I remember that feature. Frankly, it bugged me quite a bit. The option of purchasing via my phone was, in theory, pretty cool. In practice, the significantly higher prices made it really stupid. For just $1 more than the mobile price, I could order 2 MCs- which certainly seemed like the better deal to me! I wasn't sorry to see it go, but now that standalone apps are more common I would like to see the idea revived... it's hard to access the site on a phone as things stand now and I would be interested in using Gaia on the go.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
wonderfinch
I remember that feature. Frankly, it bugged me quite a bit. The option of purchasing via my phone was, in theory, pretty cool. In practice, the significantly higher prices made it really stupid. For just $1 more than the mobile price, I could order 2 MCs- which certainly seemed like the better deal to me! I wasn't sorry to see it go, but now that standalone apps are more common I would like to see the idea revived... it's hard to access the site on a phone as things stand now and I would be interested in using Gaia on the go.
You know, from want I remember, the prices didn't bother me that much. I just paid my mom with the money I got from helping folks near my area.
However, I believed I stopped using it after I smashed my phone on some kids head.

It was a super old phone, and I really didn't go out anyway.
Or have friends.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Your Blushing Paladin
You know, from want I remember, the prices didn't bother me that much. I just paid my mom with the money I got from helping folks near my area.
However, I believed I stopped using it after I smashed my phone on some kids head.

Or have friends.

Eh, I was very cheap and trying to save up for college at the time, so that extra $1-$2 was a big deal to me, especially since my job at the time didn't pay well and didn't give me a ton of hours.

Also, that is a simultaneously sad and hilarious story. Your phone died a noble death heart

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
I remember those! I wanted them, but it took me ages to even get a phone. I think Gaia might've phased that feature out by the time I had one. emo I wish they'd bring it back.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
wonderfinch
Your Blushing Paladin

Or have friends.

Eh, I was very cheap and trying to save up for college at the time, so that extra $1-$2 was a big deal to me, especially since my job at the time didn't pay well and didn't give me a ton of hours.

Also, that is a simultaneously sad and hilarious story. Your phone died a noble death heart
Thanks, I wish my momma thought so to.

Damn, my a** still stings a little when I think of that emotion_8c

Anxious Gaian

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
i've only just realized that the gaia shop isn't there anymore...just when i had enough money to buy the OMFG hat...

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
I wasn't able to use it, because at the time I had a prepaid phone. ; A ;

Aged Loser

11,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
never used them... it was nice and all but i never gone to the extreme of having stuffs out of gaia. only once when i had a poster which i was given by some chick from school.. but i didnt even asked for it.. sweatdrop

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Oh weird... I kind of remember this being talked about, but I never used it myself.
I don't think my phones were ever capable of doing "high tech" things like mobile payments before.
My phones are always unreliable & cheap. sweatdrop Weird seeing this again!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff