Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
First-come, first-serve ensures that the people signing up are the interested ones, rather than sending out a mass of PMs to inactive or uninterested account users. I'm not sure how offering the beta to only users with early accounts would improve the process in any way.

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Razumi Yazura
Did you take the beta survey that was released a few months ago? To my knowledge, they are allowing people to join in the order of sign up.

Obviously not seeing that I am user number 181189 and I haven't been able to play it at all. xd

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Cresandra
Razumi Yazura
Did you take the beta survey that was released a few months ago? To my knowledge, they are allowing people to join in the order of sign up.

Obviously not seeing that I am user number 181189 and I haven't been able to play it at all. xd
I didn't mean user sign up, though. emotion_8c

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Razumi Yazura
Cresandra
Razumi Yazura

I didn't mean user sign up, though. emotion_8c

Oooh! I see! Well then it makes sense then!

I'm still excited to play it, though. ^.^b Take your time Gaia!~

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Mikaino
Shintouyu
Razumi Yazura
There was a beta survey?
You were asked to put in your email and such, maybe that's what was meant? =x I filled it out pretty fast, and it took ages to get accepted in.
I really don't remember doing anything for HoC except click the [Play Now] button and waiting for my PM. Odd.

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
Shintouyu
Mikaino
Shintouyu
Razumi Yazura
There was a beta survey?
You were asked to put in your email and such, maybe that's what was meant? =x I filled it out pretty fast, and it took ages to get accepted in.
I really don't remember doing anything for HoC except click the [Play Now] button and waiting for my PM. Odd.

It was a bit before that, I think. xD

Amateur Noob

The survey forever ago was for people who wanted into the closed beta. I don't think that survey has any impact on people getting in now. It's no longer closed beta, its open.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I think it's silly to let people who've been on the site longer play first. Yes, it would be a nice perk for sticking with the site for so long, but ultimately I think it benefits Gaia to get a good mix of users- both new AND old- to test their games. That way, they can get a sample representative of their entire user base because, let's face it: older members are invariably on the upper end of the site's age range (assuming they, you know, followed the rules, anyone around from '05 and earlier is at least 20 now- and a lot of people on the site are much younger than that!). It would be silly for Gaia, as a business, to only ask the opinion of a small group of its members d:

With that said, I am a little nonplussed at how they're handling beta access... it seems crazy that they still haven't managed to get access to everyone :I

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Certifiably Psychopathic
The survey forever ago was for people who wanted into the closed beta. I don't think that survey has any impact on people getting in now. It's no longer closed beta, its open.

Doesn't "open" imply that anyone can play? Tons of people still can't get in... seems fairly closed.

Amateur Noob

Lazarus Larkin
Certifiably Psychopathic

Doesn't "open" imply that anyone can play? Tons of people still can't get in... seems fairly closed.
Whether that's what it means or not, gaia still labeled it "open" beta nonetheless. Their quiz was for before anyone even knew what the game was and from what I gathered from it, they secretly accepted people they thought would be into it enough, or skilled enough to test out the game for them before they publicly released it.

Rainbow Noob

Lazarus Larkin

It was supposed to be open, and it was at first, but turns out letting everyone in "given us some interesting database issues". So they zipped it up and decided to grant users access gradually.

I really wanna play it, but I have this fantastic feeling I won't like it at all. :c

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
"...Out of the crooked timber of humanity...

It has to be fair to everyone.

Besides, some of the newer users are much more active than some of the older users, so something like that would have to be taken into account (wouldn't want to shaft them, too, right?)... the msot fair way is a first come; first serve basis, for those who want to play.

...no straight thing was ever made..."

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
Ive did the the survey months ago, sighned up to the bata with my email... a FEW times, and i go to the game page every other day... still not in.

Receiver

Not all long term member still use their original accounts

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
Yeah, let's add some more elitism to the site! /sarcasm

The way it is now, is fine. The game will still be there when you get your PM.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff