Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Bunny

I've been on Gaia since about 2008. I don't consider myself old. Especially when people start discussing events that I wasn't around for. I consider a user an old Gaian if they are able to join in with those conversations. So maybe before 2007?

How long someone has been on the site isn't really important to me, all it means is that some people discovered Gaia before other people.

RayneJCD's Husband

2007 doesn't seem that old to me to be honest considering that I've been here since 2003 on my other account Tasuki_Forever. However, despite that, the length of time any member has been on Gaia Online doesn't really matter to me in the least. Age ain't nothing but a number baby wink

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I joined in 2005 and to me the ONLY old users on the site are those who joined in 2003 and 2004. They were here two years before me and thus are legends.

Now I have been here for waaaaay over two years and should feel like a olbie but I don't. If I see anyone else from 2005 I may go "Oh they joined the same year I did" but that's the only remark I have for they have not been here since the OLD YEARS of 03 and 04! emotion_donotwant

Anything from 2006 + are still very new to the site in my elderly mind and I just can't grasp the concept of them being old accounts. Kinda like how if I go to a par and people were born in the 90's. NO YOU ARE NOT AN ADULT YOU WERE BORN IN THE 90'S, TOO YOUNG!

.... perhaps its my unconscious mind tying to trick me that I am still young myself. sweatdrop

Kurby123321 's Honey Bun

Beloved Bunny

- My first acount was made in '08, but I was only on for like 2 days so I doubt that counts. This acount was made almost 4 years ago.
- I don't consider myself "old" on gaia. I usually consider anyone who's been here longer than me as old.
- I talk to anyone no matter how "old" or new they are. I enjoy talking to people who don't always have gold and status on their mind. I'll be friends with anyone that has a nice personality.

OG Noob

Gaia started in 2003 and now we're in 2012. Now let's pretend it's a different decade, let's say Gaia started in 1993 and now it's 2002. Makes it seem like it was a long time ago when you think of it like that! Gaia's been around for almost a decade.

Hot Lop

I joined in 2008, and I tend to think of myself as a
teenager among adults in the sense of how much experience on Gaia I have.
I've been around for a little while, but not that much.

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
I've been here since 2004, I don't feel I'm old at all on Gaia. I don't feel anyone is "old" on a website. It's just, you spend a lot of time on hobbies. :B

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
kitten tea
GET YOUR

I joined in about the middle of '07. I consider it old, but I don't have the bragging rights like those from before '07!! I really wish I would have known about the site then, it seemed like it was SO much different.
I do think about the old days, since I did get to see the layout before the change (maybe a after I joined it changed.)

I remember just getting use to the layout of the site, and then BAM. I log on one more and everything was changed! emotion_donotwant I had to re-get use to the site all over again!

CRAYON

... do we have bragging rights? I feel like if I went around braggin' about my join date, I'd be laughed right out of the thread XD

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
AKB0048
How long have you been around on Gaia? Do you consider yourself "old"?
Too long. And yes.
What do you consider "old" in Gaian terms? Do you even have a specific cutoff?
Not really. Being old isn't a good thing.
Does the length of time someone's been on the site matter to you, or is their general personality and know-how more important?
Personality and know how. It actually kind of pisses me off when people are like "I'm from 05 so I know all this s**t yeah I'm OG boi!" dramallama

b***h. You don't even know what OG means. talk2hand

I stop talking to users the second they claim they're an "OG" or an "oldbie." Especially since they're usually from '08 or '09 stressed

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I joined in 2005 and to me the ONLY old users on the site are those who joined in 2003 and 2004. They were here two years before me and thus are legends.

Now I have been here for waaaaay over two years and should feel like a olbie but I don't. If I see anyone else from 2005 I may go "Oh they joined the same year I did" but that's the only remark I have for they have not been here since the OLD YEARS of 03 and 04! emotion_donotwant

Anything from 2006 + are still very new to the site in my elderly mind and I just can't grasp the concept of them being old accounts. Kinda like how if I go to a par and people were born in the 90's. NO YOU ARE NOT AN ADULT YOU WERE BORN IN THE 90'S, TOO YOUNG!

.... perhaps its my unconscious mind tying to trick me that I am still young myself. sweatdrop

I feel the same way- I've had others refer to me as an "oldbie" but I wouldn't use that term to refer to myself. At this point, '03 users are the only ones I really consider "old," everyone else either joined the same year I did or at some point thereafter and is therefore a newbie to my jaded eye.

But probably that's just our subconscious trying to trick us into thinking we aren't old and haven't spent entirely too much time on this site ;A; Getting old blows.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
I would be concerned if 2003 wasn't considered old...

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what the join date is for users since that can differ quite a bit depending on if the person is using an alternate account. It's also not something I'm looking for when I talk to other people.

Sparkling Supporter

Dear goodness, am I old already?
I don't think so.
When a gaian can remember any events from '06 they seem old to me, mainly because I never experienced it. It seems like I didn't get to be in any of the really memorable events.
seems like it should be more of a matter of experience

If someone from 08/09 has been coming here everyday for 3/4 years
and I'm from 03 and stopped posting regularly in early 05
I'd say the 08/09er is a much "older" user

I mean yeah I can maybe talk about h2k4 and b***h with people about how everything's gone down the shitter since then
but I honestly don't think I'd know what I was bitching about

Professional Novice

User Image
I've been here a long time (2006). I think I'm middle-aged, perhaps, but I'm probably older than I feel. I'm not the oldest account around, but he way I see it, Gaia has existed much longer with me as a member than it has without me.

Shrii's Husband

Quotable Genius

Razumi Yazura
I would be concerned if 2003 wasn't considered old...

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what the join date is for users since that can differ quite a bit depending on if the person is using an alternate account. It's also not something I'm looking for when I talk to other people.
YOU'RE OLD.
Ugh so am I...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas