Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celestial Spirit

When deciding whether to read a book, I usually open it somewhere in the middle and see what's going on there.
Generally, I don't read ahead other than that.
Nope. Never ever ever. It ruins the experience.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Yep sweatdrop But only when I've made the mistake of getting attached to characters - then I check to see if they're alive at the end...
i like whatever i'm reading to be a surprise. but if i'm really scared something might happen i'll read head to see but most times i stop my self and will myself to continue reading.

3,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
I'm do it. I am not proud of it. I did with Dear John by NIcholas Spark and i ended up stopping the book because i didn't like how it ended at the end.

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

never emotion_donotwant

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sianserais
When deciding whether to read a book, I usually open it somewhere in the middle and see what's going on there.
Generally, I don't read ahead other than that.

That's my usual strategy too. Read the title, check the cover (YES I know the old saying rolleyes ), read the summary, check the middly bit to see if someone is being obviously stupid or ridiculously cheezy.

Unfortunately I also have a very bad habit (I SWEAR I'm trying to break it) of getting about 100 pages in, deciding I really like a character, and then skipping ahead to the last third of the book to make sure the character is both a) reoccuring and b) not dead.

I've missed out on what I imagine are a lot of good books this way *le Sigh* but I've managed to cut back enough that now I only do this to books I don't think I'll enjoy so really, seeing the character reappear is my way of encouraging myself to keep reading.
It's a habit to read the last sentance of a book before I begin reading.

13,140 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Waffles! 25
i got into that bad habbit whe the seventh harry potter potter book came out. i couldn't wait too see what happened next.

OG Noob

I never do that. It defeats the purpose of reading a book.

Dangerous Tactician

7,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Die and be free of pain
I open randomly to the middle of the book to check if I like it.

While reading though, if I start to get bored I will flip to the end or middle to see what happens.
I also used to take the beginning half of the first sentence and combine it with the last half of the final sentence to see what would happen.
or live and fight your sorrows

Witty Phantom

The first thing I do when I read a book is read the last sentence of the last page whee

If I'm just checking a book out to see if I might want to read it, I'll read the beginning pages and if I'm not interested, I'll open to a random page and see if I change my mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff