Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Otami Ruins are kicking my butt!!!

I'm trying to do the Predator Commander thing. I tried solo first cuz no one was around and finally gave up. Last night, I crewed with another 6, a 6.2, and a super patient and helpful CL10...and us CL6s still got dazed over and over.

OK, some of this was stupidity like when I rushed into the honor guard without charging Rock to 4, but even fully raged, we still got overwhelmed.

How do people beat the commander???

Rings:

Hotfoot,Slash,Hack,Meat,Divinity,Defib (went and got after we were dying),Halo,Rock Armor.

edit...with other team members, we had the dome ring, ghost, pot lid, and keen aye, maybe more.
Having all buffs at RR4 with good rings doesn't imply a good crew.
You need tactics to help coordinate attacks and designate other members to a certain role.

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
I've helped a couple people get this without too much trouble, so if you like to PM me when you're online again we can give it a try. 3nodding

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
You look like you've got a pretty good ringset there, though I would suggest picking up a heal as well. A crew of 4-6 organised ~ CL 6s can beat him, or one person who has a higher levelled person as buff mule & heal spammer. Crowd control rings (like Scaredy Cat or Quicksand) can also be useful in helping you only bite off what you can chew. The honour guard hits pretty hard, along with the commander.

Do you need a hand? I could hop on & give you one if you'd like.
OK, thanks! So tactics then...the healer thing sounds good. I'll be on this evening (CST) if anyone is around. Will bring buffs and CC up to higher CL this afternoon after class.
Spent time today leveling up some rings with a great crew on Bass'ken. Slash and hack are 10, Rock is 8.5, hot foot is 7 something, and everything else critical is 6 (including duck tape).

Will probably try again tomorrow...thank you for the advice, guys! smile

Omnipresent Vampire

13,775 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
If i'm ever online and you need a hand, i will gladly lend my services. ^^

Seeker

7,300 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Personally I put the commander on hold, played around on Gold Beach and Saw Mill and then took him out in a few minutes when I had reached cl 7.0

The concerned citizen quest-chain doesn't have a cl. cap until you hit the last quest, "into the fray".
YES!!!! Did it, and with level dropped to 6.1! Found someone else who needed to do the same quest, and we beat him on the second try! We would've beaten him the first time if the dopey leader (me) had remembered to RR4 buffs for the other person.

Tactics: We buffed up to RR4, killed predi-pups just NW of area so we had a clear space to work. Then I made several trips to the commander's area to lure out first pups, then honor guards, and finally the commander. We didn't have to worry about mob attacks, so we could rest in between lure runs.

Thank you guys! smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces