Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hi everyone,

Please help me out! I am trying to lose some weight and be more healthy in general and of course that comes with what you eat!

I've heard a lot of times that it's the most healthy for you to eat a few small meals throughout the day but that's impossible for me.. I work in a laboratory and I only get a lunch break once a day. So I eat breakfast at home, lunch at work and then dinner when I come home.

I've gotten a good idea about a healthy breakfast and dinners, but lunch is difficult for me! eek

I usually just make a sandwich with peanut butter or precooked chicken and salads, but that gets boring after so many times.. as a little snack with it I usually bring a mini babybell light heart

When I eat salads, I like to have them once a day and usually for dinner, also the salad usually gets a bit.. icky after sitting in my lunch box from morning till lunch time sad

Perhaps something with rice? Well any recipes are more than welcome! 4laugh heart

5,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nothing? crying

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100

Make yourself a fun little bento (:
I often make some rice with veggies and turmeric,
bring some fresh fruits and vegetables and maybe a fruit leather or something.

Explorer

3,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
You can make those cold served pasta dishes emotion_drool It will take some time but if you make it in the evening,you can bring it to your work the next day. I like it with tomatoes, cucumbers and tuna. There are a lot of recipes ^^ I would send the one I make but it's in dutch ^^'
Roots Radicals

Make yourself a fun little bento (:
I often make some rice with veggies and turmeric,
bring some fresh fruits and vegetables and maybe a fruit leather or something.

so you are the one stealing my lunches.

5,500 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
Switch to a bread with a low glycemic index such as pumpernickel or soudough (usually the darker the better)
Try to get a lot of protein and fiber and avoid simple carbs(which includes white rice)
Rice is a good idea, though not white/Jasmine. Try and find grains like brown rice. Instead of salad try taking lots of vegetables/fruit like carrots, or grapes. I like whatever is small and handy. I used to take salads in my lunch as well. Then you'll need some protien maybe like some lunch meat, or a hard boiled egg. Also drink lots of water to help keep you feeling full. whee

Ruthless Raider

12,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
I do love my fruit!

But, usually if my lunch is not a sandwich, then it is just leftovers. I am not creative with my lunches yet.
I have the same issues! But I'm starting to pack lots of protein snacks. A boiled egg or a cheese stick. Eat lots of veggies. Soup is good too lol. But making a large pasta salad dish is a good idea because you can eat on it for a while. Here's a good link to a few REALLY healthy recipes

Healthy Recipies HERE
My favorite type of lunch sandwich is made with a good wheat bread and add a touch of cream cheese to one side, add spinach, lunchmeat (deli style chicken, turkey or ham), provolone or swiss cheese, and top it off with raspberry vinaigrette. It's super good if you can add sprouts to it. I just don't usually have those. sweatdrop

Brainy Traveler

11,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Lilly_Warner
Hi everyone,

Please help me out! I am trying to lose some weight and be more healthy in general and of course that comes with what you eat!

I've heard a lot of times that it's the most healthy for you to eat a few small meals throughout the day but that's impossible for me.. I work in a laboratory and I only get a lunch break once a day. So I eat breakfast at home, lunch at work and then dinner when I come home.

I've gotten a good idea about a healthy breakfast and dinners, but lunch is difficult for me! eek

I usually just make a sandwich with peanut butter or precooked chicken and salads, but that gets boring after so many times.. as a little snack with it I usually bring a mini babybell light heart

When I eat salads, I like to have them once a day and usually for dinner, also the salad usually gets a bit.. icky after sitting in my lunch box from morning till lunch time sad

Perhaps something with rice? Well any recipes are more than welcome! 4laugh heart
How about this... Low sodium Ramen noodles mixed with a can of cream of mushroom soup and frozen mixed veggies?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff