<< < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 289 290 291 > >> >>> »|

Magical Sage

frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium
Yesterday upon the stair I met a man who wasnt there. He wasnt there again today. Oh, how I wish hed go away

Mini Giveaway
Quote this and tell me a book you like or something else if you don;t like books.
I'll send you something nice.

Last night I saw upon the stair, a little man who wasnt there. He wasnt there again today. Oh, how I wish hed go away

I like reading Sherlock Holmes, especially The Hound of the Baskervilles
Yesterday upon the stair I met a man who wasnt there. He wasnt there again today. Oh, how I wish hed go away

Sherlock Holmes stories are always a ton of fun.

Last night I saw upon the stair, a little man who wasnt there. He wasnt there again today. Oh, how I wish hed go away

I read the originals then compare other authors take on the character.. 4laugh

I also enjoy seeing all the different takes on Holmes in various books and other media. He really is an interesting character.

I can't wait to see the Sherlock on PBS the new season...but that will be a while..

Those recent Sherlock Holmes movies have much more of the book character than any other before. Still missing a lot of the character, tho, but it finally feels like him.
im sorry but i dont know whats going on sad (
I want to have Free Itemand also tip me[if you want]... biggrin

Feisty Buddy

18,025 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • ReAnimated 50
Draedellus
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium

I also enjoy seeing all the different takes on Holmes in various books and other media. He really is an interesting character.

I can't wait to see the Sherlock on PBS the new season...but that will be a while..

Those recent Sherlock Holmes movies have much more of the book character than any other before. Still missing a lot of the character, tho, but it finally feels like him.

the last movie of Sherlock Holmes...omg made me laugh then cry at the end.. 4laugh
Wow, Persona 3 is still as good as the last time I played it

Questionable Phantom

frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium

Mini Giveaway
Quote this and tell me a book you like or something else if you don;t like books.

I like reading Sherlock Holmes, especially The Hound of the Baskervilles

Sadly it will be a while. I think I read they art filming season three in a few months.

Feisty Buddy

18,025 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • ReAnimated 50
The Terrible Trivium
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium

Sadly it will be a while. I think I read they art filming season three in a few months.

the ending was perfect...and it it is killing me, wanting to know more...HOW did Sherlock survive?

Adorable Wife

9,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Streaker 200
The Terrible Trivium
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium

i like the eragon series and lord of the rings books

Magical Sage

frozen_flames06

the last movie of Sherlock Holmes...omg made me laugh then cry at the end.. 4laugh

Kinda of same here, I doubted he'd die with that ropeless-bungee-jump, but still didnt' saw that coming.

Questionable Phantom

Draedellus
The Terrible Trivium
Draedellus
The Terrible Trivium

Mini Giveaway
I am pretty much addicted to reading. Glad this adiction can't do any bad, other than making you unable to enjoy talking to dumb people. Then again, it's not such a loss...
Try as I might, I'd never be able to pick any fave book. Nor a fave writter. But a fave gender, yes,, I could, and I'd say it is mistery novel. I like books that invite you to pay attention to details and such, causing you to have that "I should have figured out that" feeling by the end of the book.
Hence why I hate Stephen King. He usually doesn't surprise me, and even in the rare event he does that a little, it is such a dumb and unnecessary thing that it almost makes the whole book a waste, tho I must credit him for The Black Tower. Even feeling the end was predictable, it was a good one.

I find Stephen King's books really hit or miss. He is terrible at endings though, I don't think I've liked a single ending to any of his books. In my opinion he is good at creating characters that are interesting. Sadly he always wastes them with his half assed endings.I haven't read the Black Tower series yet so I can't say how I'll feel about that.

I'm usually bad at picking favorites too so I understand your difficulty. Often my 'favorite' is whatever I happened to read recently and enjoy.

I'll have to agree with that, Stephen's characters are deep... problem is, sometimes way too deep. Like, who cares for all the past history and life details of that truck driver in the bar in the middle of nowhere who's not going to show up anytime again for the rest of the book?

True, he does have a terrible habit of introducing people like they'll be important to the book only to then kill them off or something.

Feisty Buddy

18,025 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • ReAnimated 50
Draedellus
frozen_flames06

Kinda of same here, I doubted he'd die with that ropeless-bungee-jump, but still didnt' saw that coming.

I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....paused it, cried horribley, then finished watching it.

Questionable Phantom

Draedellus
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium
frozen_flames06
The Terrible Trivium

Have you seen the show Sherlock? Even though it is set in modern times I feel like it is probably one of the better versions of Holmes. I though the movies did a nice job of capturing the feel of the character but I prefer the bbc Sherlock version. I like a lot of the old adaptations but most of them always seemed like tamed down nice versions of the character to me. Honestly I can't pick a favorite version though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff