Welcome to Gaia! ::

When I went through a checkpoint and the police saw bud and a pipe in my car, I was issued two tickets.
One for possession of less than an ounce, and one for paraphernalia.
Luckily I wasn't arrested; the officer was impressed with my compliance and politeness.
The result was and 40 hours of community service, $300, and 7 hours of Drug and Alcohol classes.
And the lovely $35 monthly probation visits, of course.

So.

Ever been in trouble with the law?
(arrested, sentenced to community service, had to pay fines, had to go to jail, etc.)
How did you react?
Do you regret the decision that made you get in trouble?
What would you have done differently?

Share ur experiencezz.
My community service took place at a nearby park locally referred to as "Duckshit Park".
I either had to mow the grass, pick up trash, or work in the recycling center.

My girlfriend stole something when she was a teenager and she got community service cleaning
up a cemetery. But the Parks and Rec lady liked her so much, she let my girlfriend work inside
typing up files and even offered her a paying job. =_=

Greedy Tycoon

5,825 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Wall Street 200
sex in public = public indecency and lewdness. ended up being thrown out in court, though, because the police officer didn't write the tickets correctly (she didn't arrest us, thank the lord)
How did you react?
cried like a baby. I didn't have an ID at the time (I had just turned 18 and never got a driver's license) so I was scared as hell.
Do you regret the decision that made you get in trouble?
yes.
What would you have done differently?
Not had sex in public?

Profitable Prophet

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
i vandalized a building when i was in highschool. me and my friends started three fires in it. they charged me 200 dollars.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Does a speeding ticket count? I mean I have to go back to court to pay the ticket and the court cost

Sparkly Fatcat

I got stopped on the side of the street for not wearing a helmet when I was like, 10. Scared the s**t out of me.

Wheezing Prophet

some guy stopped me and my friends when we were in middle school and threatened us with prowling and squatting charges for chilling on the roof of the school all the time. we ran away when he tried to call the fuzz.
Other than about 4-500 dollars worth of parking tickets I racked up during my last year of college, nothing.
Someone called the police on me after I threatened them with a baseball bat once.

Yeah, that's about it.

EDIT: Oh wait, I had a very macho conversation with a cop after I punched this one dude in the face. It wasn't actual trouble though.

Original Regular

Does running from the cops count?

Interesting Ladykiller

4,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Some cops tried to arrest my friends and I for disturbing the peace a few years back.

Story: I was at a garage show, supporting my friends' band. We had a permit and permission from the landlord. However, these two guys started a fight. Everyone there told them to take to the end of the street so we wouldn't get in trouble. They didn't make it to the end of the driveway. Cops show up and tell us all to leave immediately or be arrested.
Sadly, my friends and I had to go two towns over, with a bunch of equipment, and our ride wasn't there -we were like 15, none of drove. We had to explain the situation about 5 times to get the police to let us stay until our rides got there.
rpf005
sex in public = public indecency and lewdness. ended up being thrown out in court, though, because the police officer didn't write the tickets correctly (she didn't arrest us, thank the lord)

Oh god. Somebody must've been looking out for me when a cop pulled up on myself and my bf at the time having sex in a car. Somehow he didn't put two and two together or didn't care so he just told us to leave.

Friend

No I am a goody-two-shoes and I've never even been stopped by a police officer.

emotion_kirakira

Greedy Tycoon

5,825 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Wall Street 200
Dustiest Gozongas
rpf005

Oh god. Somebody must've been looking out for me when a cop pulled up on myself and my bf at the time having sex in a car. Somehow he didn't put two and two together or didn't care so he just told us to leave.

It is no joke having sex in public! It's something like 3 years in prison and $5000 in fines, plus being put on the sex offender registry (which would have ruined my entire life, literally, seeing as I'm in school to be a teacher).

The responding cop was the one who seemed really offended. Her backup was a really cool dude who informed us how to do it next time without being caught. I wish he had been the responding, 'cause he wouldn't have written us up. I think most cops don't really care about horny kids screwing.

Interesting Genius

7,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I've never gotten in trouble with the law, but I did get kicked out of school once for three days because my boyfriend walked into the girl's bathroom.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff