Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xiao Qiao True Beauty
Now we will see who the real CM Punk fans are.

I think Punk had a point a couple months ago when he mentioned how people who liked him during the "Summer of Punk" never gave a s**t about him before or after.

Let's face facts: Smarks were bound to root for anyone who aired their personal grievances with the company. Punk just happened to be that guy. It was never about him as a wrestler. And once he quit being the mouthpiece of the IWC, those same people who compared him to Austin threw him out like yesterday's garbage. To hell with 'em.

Whatever Punk does, I'm behind him 100%. Long live Straight Edge.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Eflow Nivek
I think the message Rock sent was that he's actually back. As for Punk, I find that it was a heel turn while he may still get cheers he's nowhere near Austin's popularity and even then there was a lot of people booing Austin.

Austin after he first did the "Austin 3:16" promo was the most over guy in the promotion (even a bit before that)...Punk is at THAT level. Obviously, he's not at the Austin during the heyday of the feud with McMahon, because he hasn't had that level of a feud yet, but I don't think as many people will turn on Punk as they think will. His merch is still going to sell like crazy, and the fans would rather cheer him than Cena.

Loyal Elder

kevin3485
Eflow Nivek
I think the message Rock sent was that he's actually back. As for Punk, I find that it was a heel turn while he may still get cheers he's nowhere near Austin's popularity and even then there was a lot of people booing Austin.

Austin after he first did the "Austin 3:16" promo was the most over guy in the promotion (even a bit before that)...Punk is at THAT level. Obviously, he's not at the Austin during the heyday of the feud with McMahon, because he hasn't had that level of a feud yet, but I don't think as many people will turn on Punk as they think will. His merch is still going to sell like crazy, and the fans would rather cheer him than Cena.
Oh I was thinking Power-Trip Austin. The only problem I see with that is he isn't turning heel against Cena so much as he's turning heel against Rock which is far more effective. I don't think as many people will turn on him as they think either, but there's still going to be a significant number.

Interesting Sweetheart

hellion1982
Xiao Qiao True Beauty

I think Punk had a point a couple months ago when he mentioned how people who liked him during the "Summer of Punk" never gave a s**t about him before or after.

Let's face facts: Smarks were bound to root for anyone who aired their personal grievances with the company. Punk just happened to be that guy. It was never about him as a wrestler. And once he quit being the mouthpiece of the IWC, those same people who compared him to Austin threw him out like yesterday's garbage. To hell with 'em.

Fans come in all shapes and sizes. When I got back into WWE around 2008, Punk was lower on my radar, and yes, I was one of those people who booed him when he beat up Jeff Hardy, but after a while, I started getting attatched to his SES gimmik, because I like his message. I remember when I went to a PPV, I was one of the few cheering him on, and I was cheering for him when he was the leader of "Neo Nexus". I was the only one in my section standing to see him, and I swear we made eye contact. XD I like CM Punk.
On a side note, is it me or is Lita hotter than she's ever been?

One word:

DDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Lunatic

27,365 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
TheGreatestSage
The ending of the match didn't feel like a heel turn for me. It felt more like guilt that it wasn't a clean match. And when Big Show got involved again, I got the vibe that Punk knew he couldn't take Show how he was. When Rock came out...I don't know. He sent a powerful message. Totally love Punk right now.
That's kinda what I felt, Punk was more frustrated that the match was ruined by the interference than anything. He was consistenly arguing with himself over what he should do with Cena after Big Show attacked, he didn't like the thought of pinning Cena, and up until Rock shot in he was fighting whether or not to try and stop Big Show, which in his condition, would have been futile, and would have risked major injury.

If anything else, it was Lawler who tried like he'll to build Punk's choices as heelish. I wanna see how punk plays into this.
TheGreatestSage
hellion1982
Xiao Qiao True Beauty

Fans come in all shapes and sizes. When I got back into WWE around 2008, Punk was lower on my radar, and yes, I was one of those people who booed him when he beat up Jeff Hardy, but after a while, I started getting attatched to his SES gimmik, because I like his message. I remember when I went to a PPV, I was one of the few cheering him on, and I was cheering for him when he was the leader of "Neo Nexus". I was the only one in my section standing to see him, and I swear we made eye contact. XD I like CM Punk.

The Jeff Hardy feud is what made me officially a Punk fan. Not only was it my first real exposure to Punk as a wrestler but he was absolutely right about everything he said. The SES was... ultimately disappointing, but I at least enjoyed the build-up to Wrestlemania. The guy's probably been one of my consistent favorites over the years, and I get sick of seeing people calling him the worst WWE Champion ever, a sell-out and all that garbage, by the same people who once claimed that he'd kickstart the next Attitude Era.

I'm not saying nobody was a Punk fan before the "Pipe Bomb." I'm saying that a real fan wouldn't care what he's doing, they'd stick by him on principle. Because that's what fans do.
hellion1982

One word:

I feel that she's looking DAMN fine now. I like a girl to look like she's taking care of her body, and I saw what looked like a set of abs growing on her, which is what makes me think she's hot.

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
kevin3485
Juanito Shet
It's gettting cloooseeeerrrrr! (That's what she said.)

What do you guys think of the new logo? :B

And "Tonight Is The Night" by Outasight is the theme song for this episode. Not a great song by any means but knowing the WWE it's the kind of song they normally use for hype and spirit. 3nodding

New logo and song...I'll have to wait til I see/hear them to tell you. Also, are you watching this live tonight?

......AND WHO IS THIS b***h THAT KEEPS SAYING THINGS!?!?!? scream

surprised Well the logo had been revealed long before the show even started. 3nodding

But I'm sure you've seen it by now.

As for the song though, they didn't use it as much as I thought they would. Which is a good sign, I don't like the song anyway.

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Supercheatfreak25
hellion1982

One word:

I feel that she's looking DAMN fine now. I like a girl to look like she's taking care of her body, and I saw what looked like a set of abs growing on her, which is what makes me think she's hot.

I noticed that too! When she first came out and onto the ramp, I immediately noticed that she looked quite good! 3nodding
Great show, but I felt it could've been better. Punk's heel turn came off as lazy to me, and I was pretty mad when Haitch put himself over Brock.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Juanito Shet
kevin3485
Juanito Shet
It's gettting cloooseeeerrrrr! (That's what she said.)

What do you guys think of the new logo? :B

And "Tonight Is The Night" by Outasight is the theme song for this episode. Not a great song by any means but knowing the WWE it's the kind of song they normally use for hype and spirit. 3nodding

New logo and song...I'll have to wait til I see/hear them to tell you. Also, are you watching this live tonight?

......AND WHO IS THIS b***h THAT KEEPS SAYING THINGS!?!?!? scream

surprised Well the logo had been revealed long before the show even started. 3nodding

But I'm sure you've seen it by now.

As for the song though, they didn't use it as much as I thought they would. Which is a good sign, I don't like the song anyway.

I didn't see a new logo...unless you're talking about the "RAW" design and not the "WWE" design.

And I think they are using a different song for the show, because at one point they were playing a song that I hadn't heard prior, and it wasn't what they were using for tonight.
The Soviet Pikachu
Great show, but I felt it could've been better. Punk's heel turn came off as lazy to me, and I was pretty mad when Haitch put himself over Brock.

Brock broke his arm in like 5 seconds. You honestly expected him not to get revenge for that?

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Soviet Pikachu

Brock beat up Trips, Trips beat up Brock. The score is even.
hellion1982
The Soviet Pikachu

Brock broke his arm in like 5 seconds. You honestly expected him not to get revenge for that?
No, I just find it hard to believe that a 42 year old man could beat up a gigantic man who has been played up as a monster, and referenced as a UFC champion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff